Yasser Arafat Is Dead

cjhsa

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 06:41 pm
Even the San Francisco Chronicle reamed this guy in his front page obit this morning. He didn't manage to gain much respect in the world, at least not in mine.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 07:02 pm
I just heard that the UN building in NYC is flying their flag at half-mast in his (the monster Arafat's) honor.

Then I heard they didn't bother to give this same honor to Ronald Reagan.

Shocked
0 Replies

gav

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 07:52 pm
JustWonders wrote:
I just heard that the UN building in NYC is flying their flag at half-mast in his (the monster Arafat's) honor.

Then I heard they didn't bother to give this same honor to Ronald Reagan.

Shocked

Tell me - why is he a "monster"?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:01 pm
Why Arafat is a monster
0 Replies

gav

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:12 pm
Yip thats not biased at all I swear!!!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:16 pm
Why? Because it shows Arafat to be the sh!thead that he was?
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:27 pm
How about this bit at the end?

Quote:
The inculcation of murderous values in an entire generation of Palestinians, who have been educated ― under Arafat's direction ― to continue the fight of jihad against Israel, rather than compromise to end the decades-long conflict.

Arafat wouldn't compromise? please.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:27 pm
Do you deny a majority of the history of Arafat?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:02 pm
He appears to have been almost a hero to both Einherjar and gav. Perhaps in answering Baldimo's question they can explain why.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:15 pm
Here, I'll tell you what answer me this: Who's going to have more innocent civilian deaths in the next, say, 6 months? Palestine or Israel?

And to answer you Ticomaya?, Arafat played a role in the Irish struggle for freedom - why else would he receive the "Freedom" of the City of Dublin?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:22 pm
gav wrote:
Here, I'll tell you what answer me this: Who's going to have more innocent civilian deaths in the next, say, 6 months? Palestine or Israel?

And to answer you Ticomaya?, Arafat played a role in the Irish struggle for freedom - why else would he receive the "Freedom" of the City of Dublin?

I suggest the answer to your question depends entirely upon the Palestinians.

One man's "terrorist" is another man's "freedom fighter," eh gav?
0 Replies

gav

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:10 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Ticomaya, I say fair play to you lad!. You are the first person I have come across in this forum to recognise that. If only a few more people were "sensitive" enough to realise this, this forum could possibly answer more questions than it poses.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:28 pm
gav wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Ticomaya, I say fair play to you lad!. You are the first person I have come across in this forum to recognise that. If only a few more people were "sensitive" enough to realise this, this forum could possibly answer more questions than it poses.

I don't "recognize" it in the sense that I agree with it. But that was basically Arafat's message to the UN in 1974.

In defining terrorism, and thus a terrorist, we must separate the means from the ends. The entire Muslim world may believe that the Palestinian ends are legitimate, and they will never be convinced otherwise. But no matter how much Palestinians might deserve independence, it does not justify murdering Israeli teenagers in restaurants, buses, and shopping malls. Arafat believed the ends justified the means of terrorism. He was a terrorist. He deserves nothing but contempt.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:38 pm
Ah but Israel are justified in killing hundreds of Palestinian kids and teenagers? Confused

So Israeli kids are more important than Palestinian kids?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:42 pm
gav wrote:
Ah but Israel are justified in killing hundreds of Palestinian kids and teenagers? Confused

0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:59 pm
Its odd how you both think that the terms "freedomfighter" and "terrorist" are mutualy exclusive.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 11:03 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

What does that make the Israeli "army" then? I remember watching a documentary last year (this is thin, cos I know neither the channel nor the name of the program) but one of the victims was a little Palestinian girl SHOT IN THE F**KING HEAD BY AN ISRAELI SOLDIER WHILE SHE SAT AT HER DESK IN SCHOOL. This is not an isolated case!!!, I defy you to try and defend this!!!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 11:12 pm
gav wrote:
What does that make the Israeli "army" then? I remember watching a documentary last year (this is thin, cos I know neither the channel nor the name of the program) but one of the victims was a little Palestinian girl SHOT IN THE F**KING HEAD BY AN ISRAELI SOLDIER WHILE SHE SAT AT HER DESK IN SCHOOL. This is not an isolated case!!!, I defy you to try and defend this!!!

Hmm. Let's see ... an unknown channel, unnamed program, and your claim that it was an Israeli soldier shooting a Palestinian girl as she sat in her desk at school. Gosh, I may need a little more to go on in order to "defend" that set up. Let me ask you some questions ... maybe you can provide some needed filler: Was this a story being told by someone to the camera, or did you watch a video of that murder? Who was telling the story, and/or who was shooting the video? How do you know it was an Israeli soldier? How do you know it was a Palestinian girl?

Einherjar, feel free to contribute your thoughts on the subject matter.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 11:30 pm
Ticomaya.

It has happened a number of times. The last one was only a month or so ago. Her name was Raghda Al-Assar. I believe the IDF has claimed that somebody fired on them from within the school compound....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 11:32 pm
Adrian wrote:
Ticomaya.

It has happened a number of times. The last one was only a month or so ago. Her name was Raghda Al-Assar. I believe the IDF has claimed that somebody fired on them from within the school compound....

I had the mental image of an IDF soldier standing over a little, girl, putting a gun to her head, and pulling the trigger.
0 Replies