Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:31 pm
Anyhoo ....
Quote:
MISTAKEN IDENTITY: Arafat still alive; World mourns passing of Ringo Starr

http://www.lonestartimes.com/content/images/7_25_7QiXuKu679-292x.jpg
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:32 pm
Well, don't forget to lock those doors and windows at night.

<Thinks there may yet be some prison-lingo in Cyclo's future>
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:33 pm
Smile LOL, Tico!!! Yer a sick puppy Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:36 pm
you jumped in first McGentrix buddy...unsolicited.....with the rolling eyes......asked for a response.....and now in getting one ask to be ignored? And I'm the Bi-Polar one? Laughing Laughing Laughing

I do not believe, based on my knowledge of scripture and Christian doctrine, that bush is sincere in his professed faith. I think he is a spiritual con man on a global scale. I think he is mentally unstable. I think he may actually have convinced himself that he is a Christian but in that private place we all have that can't be ignored in the quietest moments he knows better but refuses to acknowledge it. Add to it the fact that he is surrounded by genuinely evil people( again my opinion based on what I've seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears) who are fortifying his beliefs and opinions and you have a very dangerous man.

That is my belief, elaborated on, and based on the conclusions I have drawn by watching, reading, listening and pondering on. This is how all people reach their conclusions.

There ya go.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:45 pm
I only asked to be ignored by you.

You say you believe Bush to be surrounded by genuinely evil people, yet here we are in a thread discussing the death of an actual evil person. I fail to see the comparison.

Perhaps your view of evil is skewed when compared to most other peoples.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:51 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I only asked to be ignored by you.

You say you believe Bush to be surrounded by genuinely evil people, yet here we are in a thread discussing the death of an actual evil person. I fail to see the comparison.

Perhaps your view of evil is skewed when compared to most other peoples.

perhaps my view is sufficiently wide to recognize evil wherever I see it......and my outlook mature enough and my philosophy large enough to understand that if I think bush is surrounded by evil men that doesn't mean I don't think arafat was evil.......
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:52 pm
Quote:
ARAFAT TAKES THE DESERT SAND NAP

Arafat is dead ... finally. Now we're going to have to deal with the insipid spin on what a grand man Yasser Arafat was from the media for a few days. This will definitely not be a day to remember the Israelis who died, including innocent schoolchildren, who died in attacks engineered by this thug.

One of the first people to offer his condolences was none other than UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, who had this to say: "President Arafat was one of those few leaders who could be instantly recognized by people in any walk of life all around the world." Oh really? Hitler could be recognized around the world too. How big a deal is that? The media is hailing Arafat as a "peacemaker" and a proponent of a Palestinian state. The fact of the matter is that he wanted neither. Let's take a look at his life's "work," shall we?

In 2000 at Camp David, in a last ditch attempt at resolving the peace process, Arafat turned down the best deal he would have ever gotten from the Israelis. It included a Palestinian state with most of the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem as well as a right of return for the Palestinians. Like any other activist that draws their money and power from a cause, Arafat didn't want to solve the problem. So he turned Ehud Barak down, and the fighting has raged ever since.

Under Arafat's leadership, the PLO conducted airplane hijackings and financed suicide bombers that killed civilians. They were also behind the massacre of children in 1974, the deaths of Israeli athletes at the Olympics in 1972 and the killings of Christians in Lebanon. Even with all this, Arafat was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Not bad for an image makeover.

The caption under Arafat's picture on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's website says "The icon of Palestinian national aspirations, who had won the Nobel Prize, has died in Paris." Icon? Let's get rid of the spin. Arafat was an icon for violence, for murder and for terrorism. Rather than working toward the goal of an independent Palestinian state, Arafat spent the last two decades doing everything he possibly could to prevent one. Arafat knew that as soon as a Palestinian state became a reality he would become irrelevant. In addition to being a terrorist murderer, Arafat was a thief. He stole millions, perhaps billions of dollars that were donated to Palestinian causes. While Palestinians were suffering Arafat's wife was flitting around Paris spending her $100,000 a month allowance, money stolen from Palestinians. Arafat's death came decades too late. It's about time.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:58 pm
Boortz is a damn fool.

Arafat was not a peaceful man. There's no denying it. But statements such as

Quote:
This will definitely not be a day to remember the Israelis who died, including innocent schoolchildren, who died in attacks engineered by this thug.

Are disingenuous, seeing as 5 times as many children have been killed by Israelis over the last four years than Palestinians.

Arafat sucked, Israel sucks, the whole thing was a terrible idea in the first place.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 04:01 pm
Yet...the news outlets have been showing the thousands of Palestinians mourning in the streets. What they don't get is Arafat felt nothing for them. Certainly not love. As the article points out, he was stealing from them and the chief instrument in preventing any hope of peace for them.

Suha can barely keep the smile off her face.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 04:03 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Yet...the news outlets have been showing the thousands of Palestinians mourning in the streets. What they don't get is Arafat felt nothing for them. Certainly not love. As the article points out, he was stealing from them and the chief instrument in preventing any hope of peace for them.

Suha can barely keep the smile off her face.

just like righ here right now....except bush is alive and healthy.....
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 04:07 pm
JustWonders wrote:
the chief instrument in preventing any hope of peace for them.

In no way can Arafat compete with any Israeli PM on the matter of preventing peace.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 04:43 pm
Quote:
Yasser Arafat was one of the outstanding freedom fighters of this generation, one who gave his entire life to the cause of the Palestinian people.

We honour his memory today

The best summary I've read so far. I couldn't agree more with Nelson Mandela
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 05:05 pm
Arafat was a disgusting evil pile of dog crap. The world is better off without his presence. The Israelis should have offed him years ago.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 05:12 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Sharon is a fat disgusting evil pile of dog crap. The world would be better off without his presence. The Palestinians should have offed him years ago.

Now thats more like it :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 05:17 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Arafat was a disgusting evil pile of dog crap. The world is better off without his presence. The Israelis should have offed him years ago.

God if only you could have killed him with your bare hands.....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 05:17 pm
McGentrix wrote:

To do that would have made him a martyr and they didn't want that.

I'm happy Arafat is gone, I can't think of one thing he did in his life that had a positive effect on his people. I see misery and pain and that is all. He should have accepted the peace deal that Clinton worked out. Instead he stared the chain of violence all over again and only sunk his people into more poverty and pain. With Arafat gone there is at least a chance of peace happening, I don't think it will for some time but at least they have a clean slate. Abbas I think will do a much better job seeing as how he was trying when Bush first put his "road map to peace" on the table several years ago. He quit because Arafat wouldn't just sit down and shut up.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 05:18 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Arafat was a disgusting evil pile of dog crap.
Goes for all Israeli PMs too
Quote:

The world is better off without his presence.
That depends on his replacement. Quite likely Peace will be harder to achive now.
Quote:

The Israelis should have offed him years ago.
Now this is just plain stupid, if Israel starts picking the leaders of th PLO, palestinians stop supporting it, and Israel would have to negotiate directly with hamas.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 05:25 pm
My word. I wondered how long it would take for this to happen:

http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editorial.dll?bfromind=2214&eeid=4353858&_sitecat=1505&eetype=article&render=y&ck=
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 06:33 pm
Einherjar wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Arafat was a disgusting evil pile of dog crap.
Goes for all Israeli PMs too
Quote:

The world is better off without his presence.
That depends on his replacement. Quite likely Peace will be harder to achive now.
Quote:

The Israelis should have offed him years ago.
Now this is just plain stupid, if Israel starts picking the leaders of th PLO, palestinians stop supporting it, and Israel would have to negotiate directly with hamas.

Quite likely Peace will be harder to achive now.

Did you just write that? Quite likely Peace will be harder to achive now....

I am at a loss for words.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 06:39 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Did you just write that? Quite likely Peace will be harder to achive now....

I am at a loss for words.

Arafat had sufficient support even among extreeme elements, to get them to keep ceacefires. He was also reasonable when it came to peace negotiations. Whoever replaces him will likely either be more extreeme, gaining support from extreemists but taking a hard line with respect to negotiations, or more moderate, resulting in an inability to controll the militant factions.
0 Replies