Should I be afraid of being blackmailed online in this case?

Cheapr2

Tue 16 May, 2017 08:28 am
Met this person online, we skype each day so i see his face etc, have his phone number, i know his address coz i confirmed it through googlr maps, i searched on fb and all adds up…

however i caught him in a lot of lies too…now im afraid that hes a sociopath and will blackmail me to reveal my sexual fantasies to may family, friends etc!!!! He does not have my fb account and i blocked him,…but i was stupid enough to reveal some of my personal info and my phone nimber!!! He leaves in another city… Should I be afraid ???

jespah

Tue 16 May, 2017 08:35 am
@Cheapr2,
You're probably fine.

As for your fantasies, etc., everyone has them. Yes, even violent ones, not heterosexual ones, ones about being or paying a hooker, etc. They are fantasies and they aren't real - and anyone in your life who doesn't know the difference is not worth you being associated with, anyway.
0 Replies

Callonme

Tue 16 May, 2017 06:54 pm
@Cheapr2,
Hello I know this has shook you up however other than embarrassing info he could share and unless he has a straight pathway to your family you should be fine. I would try to disengage without a lot of drama and not share with him anything u have discovered about him. Less is so much more in these cases. Please feel free to holler if I can help.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 16 May, 2017 06:56 pm
@Cheapr2,
this guy?

https://able2know.org/topic/384666-1#post-6418571

why haven't you cut the connection yet?
0 Replies

ekename

Tue 16 May, 2017 09:43 pm
@Cheapr2,
You'll be fine he was just trying to impress you with a stories about his success.

0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 17 May, 2017 12:11 am
I hate to sound harsh, but this guy sounds more normal than you.

So far all I've heard from you is that most things he tells you are the truth, but he fibs about the place he works. The relationship is entirely online, where he works is his own business. He might be a little ashamed about where he works because it doesn't pay all that well, or he might have had some bad experiences with other chatters getting too involved and calling him at work.

Now, because he's not telling the truth about something that most people would consider a private matter anyway, you seem to be convinced he's a psycho out to do you harm.

Sorry, but if you seem to get along fine chatting and skyping with each other for a long time, the guy not being entirely truthful about something as sensitive as where they work is not a biggie. Do you think you have the right to know the size of his paycheck?
0 Replies