Can a popular guy be with a unpopular girl?

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 02:34 pm
Hi everyone,
Rumour has it that this popular guy that everyone knows and likes has a crush on me. It's most likely true, for multiple reasons but that's irrelevant right now Smile. I kind of like him too and would be interested in a relationship with him, but what worries me is the fact that he's popular and I'm not. I'm in a small group of close friends and it's not necessarily that the popular people hate us, they just don't talk to us unless we start the conservation (which barely happens). So if I were to be in a relationship with the popular guy, I'm afraid I would feel left out when I'm with him with his friends around or that they'd tease me. In movies you always see the popular guys sacrificing his popularity for the girl but I know that in real life that won't happen. What do you guys think? Any thoughts/advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,907 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 02:40 pm
@PapayaPip,
This sounds like high school..

Please, people are individuals, and can be very complex. Individuals can be interesting, even popular people once in a while, but get yourself out of the popularity fog.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 03:17 pm
You will be having a relationship with ONE person - IF he becomes your BF.

Concentrate on what you two might have and leave all the other people out of this. Everything will sort itself out as time goes by.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 03:21 pm
@PapayaPip,
1. ignore rumour

2. if he asks you out and you like him - go

3. ignore rumour

4. if you like him, talk to him - ask him out

5. ignore rumour

6 - 10. do NOT contribute to / participate in rumour
0 Replies