Addicted to dating sites. Any help for people addicted to these sites??

Reply Tue 9 May, 2017 07:15 am
Even though I deleted my account i have the urge to go back on pof and okcupid. My family suggests I stay off those sites. It took 4 yrs of my life away. I only had one date total. Is there any help for people addicted to certain sites??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,366 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 May, 2017 07:37 am
@singlesucks13,
Talk to a counselor about obsessive behavior.
0 Replies

Thundermist04167

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 11:47 am
@singlesucks13,
Ask yourself what you really want, and why. I've tried dating sites, too, but "addiction" wasn't the word I would use. Most of the profiles were carbon copies:

* "I'm into travel and wine-tasting." (Well, I'm NOT. Sayonara!)
* "I'm a bitter divorcee who had a bad relationship, and NOW I want a nice guy!" (Where were you when you were single? See next example.)
* "I'm hot, I'm popular, and I can do better than you." (Yeah? Let's see where you are ten years from now, when the "hunk" you picked turns out to be a jerk!)

Dating sites are more desperate than addictive. I gave up trying to find a "nice" girl.
0 Replies

french2008

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2022 01:07 am
@singlesucks13,
you can meet a girl in your school or your job.
dating sites are mostly fake people
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2022 10:17 am
I met my wife on older person dating site. We're together now almost twenty years. She was the third person I met. We both were looking for compatible, age appropriate partners.

It all depends, what you are looking for. What are you looking for? How does one date encourage you to keep at it? What part of it gives you a buzz? It obviously ain't working.
0 Replies