Senator Kerry from Massachusetts- Not Irish?

New Haven

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:40 pm
dys:

Sounds like you don't know the Boston Irish too well! Cool
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:45 pm
stessid:

Kerry is an ethnic Jew, baptized and reared as a Catholic and having an Irish name.

Interesting combination in many ways.

The dominant religion in the Commonwealth is Catholic. A large % of te voters in the Boston area are Irish Catholics. So what is Kerry?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:46 pm
New Haven

Quote:
Leiberman has a far better chance than Kerry

Since you have voiced your opinion let me voice mine. Kerry has a chance Leiberman has none.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:47 pm
New Haven
I should add that at this point he has mine.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:50 pm
seissd:

Sounds like you don't know city politics in the US. Most of the big name politicians in chicago are either Irish or Polish. If neither of these, then Black.

Relative to Boston politics, do you think it pays to be Irish in Boston if yu're going into politics? It sure does.

In Brookline...another example, many Jews have told me they wouldn't vote for anyone who wasn't ethnically Jewish. People like to vote for someone with whom they have something in common.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:52 pm
au:

Are you referring to Leiberman?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:55 pm
New Haven:

I asked you some questions awhile back and was just wondering if you were choosing to ignore them.

In my post on pg.3 (that is, if you paginate at ten posts per page).
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:56 pm
Au:

I read your next comment. I'm voting Republican anyway, but if I were a Democrat, as I once was, I wouldn't vote for Kerry if he was the last person on earth. Pickles or no pickles~ Razz

Kerry's wife is valued at $600 million. Not enough to get Kerry into office.
He has the charisma of a ball of dandruff! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:56 pm
Thanks, New Haven, for clarification. By all means, this was an unpleasant surprise for me: I thought that at least the USA was free from tribal prejudices...
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:57 pm
PD:

Why would I ignore you?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:09 pm
Not me; the questions.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:11 pm
It's pretty obvious Republicans consider him the most formidable opponent, based on what you've entered here... Laughing
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:12 pm
Only because his wife has $600 million in pickle money. Not for any other reason.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:15 pm
I'm going out to stock up on ketchup and Heinz 57 steak sauce. Laughing

Have a nice Saturday night. Surprised
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:23 pm
NH
Kerry would get my vote. I don't like nor do I trust Mr. Leiberman.
In addition what does the fact that Kerry's wife is very wealthy
have to do with his running for the presidency. The present golden boy in the white house was not born in poverty. All rich people are not screw ups. Don't judge every wealthy individual by that screw up in the white house.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 06:39 pm
Steissd,

We not only are not free of tribal prejudices, we have more tribes that a junior math wizard can count. Some of us belong to at least half a dozen tribes. There was one fellow whose loyalties were so evenly divided that he was frozen into immobility for six months. This can get really sticky when a man and wife only share one tribal identification out of a total of 15. They might only agree on the second wednesday of alternate months. That is part of the explanation for the high divorse rate here.

We Americans are tough to understand. I wish someone could explain us to me.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 11:08 pm
Does anyone actually know a Democrat who will back Lieberman? I don't.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 02:10 am
New Haven wrote:
It apparently does matter to the voters. Most if not all thought Kerry was an Irish Catholic. Many voters feel , somehow they were not told the truth.

Interestingly, the Boston Globe decided to pull this story out, when Kerry decided to run for President.

This story will end his career in Massachusetts and will kill any chance he might have had at being president. Very Happy

In your dreams New Haven!

BTW I notice that this is the second 'negative' thread you've started on Kerry in less than a week. In your other thread you tried to hold him personally accountable for the pending electricity shut off of the Boston Veterans Homeless shelter.... you even thought that he should personally pay their electric bill!

I pointed out then that the Bushies were already honing in on Kerry
(the most formidable opponent Bush is likely to face in '04)
and looking for propaganda to define him negatively for the American people....to drive his negative poll numbers up.

Do the Bushies pay you for this?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 05:31 am
JJorge, I do not think that Mr. Bush has enough money to pay to all the Americans that support his policies. Let us accept a kind of gentlemens' code: never to transform disagreement with someone's political stance into insulting personal attacks. Such a thing made the atmosphere on the Abuzz intolerable. Let us keep better situation here, on the A2K.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 09:23 am
jorge:

I'm still waiting for Kerry to donate $$ to the Vets homeless shelter in Boston.

Why hasn't he? Twisted Evil
0 Replies