Is he using me to get over her?

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 02:49 pm
Well, here it goes: This guy I have been talking to told his ex that he still loves her and is still in love with her to her face when they were hanging out together. (He was drunk) He also told her that he was talking to someone (me) but he said he doesn't like me and never even wanted to talk to me. (I made the first move when we met) And he hung out with her the next day after the fact! (So he obviously knew what he said right) Here's the backstory: Him and his ex were together for 2 years and it's only been 8 months since they have been apart (seems to me there hasn't really been a no contact period). (She didn't even ask if he was talking to someone he just up and told her then said those things about me she then proceeded to ask about me but he said it DOESNT MATTER)

I found out from a friend of mine she is moving back in town. (She left town because one of her family members passed away) He told her a couple months after she left that he didn't want to break up with her but did because he couldn't stand them arguing. Anyway he totally disregarded me when she came back to town and saw her again. Taking her out to dinner, he kissed her, hugged her, came to her as soon as he got off work, asked her if she wanted to see his dad. He also still has her clothes at his house and her nightstand in his room.

(I read old texts from her telling him to throw everything away and he obviously did not! WHY?) He asked her for her mom's number (he would complain about how she blocks him) and he keeps it in his phone! Why? She really hurt him when they were together and it seems like she is his first love. Is he waiting for her to come back? Is he thinking about getting back with her? Am I a rebound/placeholder? Is he really still in love with her? When he told her he didn't like me and never wanted to talk to me he sounded like he was disgusted to even be talking to me. A friend of mine saw them together and heard them talking so I know all this is true. Please tell me what is going through his mind. Thanks so much!

He is 24 his ex is 21
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 816 • Replies: 4

GirlBoss

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 03:00 pm
@babydoll21,
Personally, I think that he just sees you as a friend, I have been in a sorta same situation recently. He told a friend of mine that he liked me and that he wanted to date me, but broke up very soon and then I found out he was still texting his ex and all.
Maybe he was trying to find out if he could get over her? ... but he didn't?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 03:46 pm
@babydoll21,
I'm not sure how you think you come into his life in any way. He's interested in someone else, wants to be with someone else. Why are you bothering him?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 04:09 pm
@babydoll21,
https://able2know.org/topic/384697-1#post-6418675
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 05:56 pm
Exactly. You're not even a placeholder for him, or a rebound. Nor does he consider you a friend.

There's nothing between the 2 of you, never was. Move on.
0 Replies