AP Poll: Stable Iraq Tops Voter Priorities

RfromP

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 11:28 pm
Here's the link.

Healthcare, unemployment, deficit, gas prices, taxes, Social Security etc., and voters biggest concern is a stable Iraq? Really?? This just doesn't sound plausible to me. Are the voters that were polled really more concerned about Iraq rather than our domestic problems? I really just can't believe that people care so much about Iraq.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,418 • Replies: 103
No top replies

Idaho

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 06:43 am
Okay, let's use a hypothetical situation: If someone has a gun to your head, are you worrying about your job or your insurance, or are you primarily worried about the gun to your head? Basically, ifyou feelyour safety is at risk, that is the primary concern before all other issues.
0 Replies

Aris

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:20 am
....and what Iraq has to do with terrorism, only the people that voted for Bush can imagine...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:26 am
Idaho wrote:
Okay, let's use a hypothetical situation: If someone has a gun to your head, are you worrying about your job or your insurance, or are you primarily worried about the gun to your head? Basically, ifyou feelyour safety is at risk, that is the primary concern before all other issues.

when exactly was it or is it that Iraq has had a gun to our heads?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:33 am
Yeah, really. I'm curious about that as well.
0 Replies

Aris

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:36 am
You two have obviously not been paying close attention to what Dick has been saying these past few months Razz
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:37 am
Are we in danger, Aris? Please hold me.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:38 am
Could you be more specific on that dick thing? There's so many of them.....
0 Replies

Aris

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:45 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Are we in danger, Aris? Please hold me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'll even whisper words of reassurance Razz
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:45 am
Ive always been fascinated by hypothetical situations, ok let's say I have a really bad bomb in my pants would you (1) yell CHOCLATE and run like hell (2) hose me down with Napalm-olive (3) drive over me with a hummer because that's what jesus would drive (4) kiss LittleK goddbye and cover your ears? (5) give Gus a hug.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:48 am
I prefer option 6: scratch my watch, wind my ass and jerk off to National Geographic....
0 Replies

Aris

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:49 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Could you be more specific on that dick thing? There's so many of them.....

The one that's got the name to go along with the personality Laughing
A classic case of onomatopia Very Happy
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 12:04 pm
Idaho wrote:

FYI, me not being able to afford healthcare, the possibility of not getting Social Security and going broke filling up my gas tank is a gun to my head and that is my primary concern. I don't give a damn about Iraq. A stable Iraq doesn't help me in any way whatsoever.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 12:57 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Yeah, really. I'm curious about that as well.

I think the Bush/Cheney argument for Iraq goes something like this:

If all you have is a big gun, like a rifle, and you are trying to get rid of a swarm of flies, then you don't just shoot the flies, you shoot the cows which attract the flies.

But since you don't want to shoot all your cows, you threaten to shoot them all if they don't clean up their act (and quit attracting flies), but you shoot one of them just to prove that you're serious.

(I'm not supporting this strategy by the way, just trying to clarify what I think it is Smile )
0 Replies

Aris

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 01:02 pm
I take it from your analogy that Iraq was the cow and AQ the flies.

Considering that this has been proven to be pure propaganda, the wrong cow as it were, to the tune of hundreds of thousands of needless deaths, was shot.

BTW, the cow & fly analogy is not good because the rest of the world is hardly cows to be herded while Bush & Co. are the enlightened humans.

Then again, your analogy does explain the mindset of many Americans, no offence meant to Americans in general.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 01:16 pm
Notice how dead cows attract more flies than living ones?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 01:22 pm
Aris wrote:
I take it from your analogy that Iraq was the cow and AQ the flies.

Considering that this has been proven to be pure propaganda, the wrong cow as it were, to the tune of hundreds of thousands of needless deaths, was shot.

BTW, the cow & fly analogy is not good because the rest of the world is hardly cows to be herded while Bush & Co. are the enlightened humans.

Then again, your analogy does explain the mindset of many Americans, no offence meant to Americans in general.

please be so knd as to inform them of that.....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 01:23 pm
Einherjar wrote:

Until you get rid of the dead cow, then there are no flies :wink:
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 01:25 pm
You're still stuck with the living ones...

And the dead cow will have added substantially to the fly population.
0 Replies

Aris

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 01:28 pm
Einherjar wrote:

The more you keep killing them, the more flies they will attract, but that fact is lost on Bush supporters.
0 Replies