I met a guy on tinder who says he's only looking for friends.

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2017 06:18 am
I was browsing a few profiles on Tinder and i came across this cute Korean guy that i liked! he lived only 10 minutes away so i swiped right but i went back to look and the only thing written on his profile was "welcome language exchange" we spoke for a bit and he told me he is only looking for friends and nothing more. Why is he on tinder? I thought it was a dating app? He also complimented my photo by saying "Wow you have long black hair! That's awesome! I was telling my friend about it and we both thought it was a little lame what he said! Don't you think? Other then that i arranged to meet up with him next weekend as i like the idea of making new friends, he replied and said he's happy to meet me and if i can choose any nice place for us to meet. He is also bringing a friend along with him! He seems shy from the texts. What do you think of this guy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,500 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2017 06:43 am
@Jasminka101,
Sounds like someone that is not 100% familiar with the area, culture, people, etc and is looking for folks to hang out with (at least that's what he said). If you think he's lame, why waste your time?
Jasminka101

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2017 06:53 am
@tibbleinparadise,
He has been here for 4 years and knows the area quite good but he told me that he only hanged out with Koreans the entire 4 years of being in Australia. He seems like a sweet guy, and i wanna give the friendship a try.
tibbleinparadise

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2017 07:10 am
@Jasminka101,
Then go hang out with the guy. His story very likely to be true. Here in the states it is pretty common to see "Asians" not associate much outside of their culture group.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2017 08:57 am
Why do you find it "lame" that he complimented your hair after seeing your picture? What else did you think he would say/

Recognize that you are entering a friendship with a different culturally-raised man. If that confuses you, then drop out and don't go any further. Sounds like he's not "mainstreamed" enough for you.

Krumple

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2017 02:02 pm
@Jasminka101,
Maybe he doesn't meet a whole lot of girls with long black hair?

You are on tinder too!

Are you expecting to win the relationship lottery?
0 Replies

Jasminka101

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2017 05:13 pm
@PUNKEY,
I'm aware of the different culture and the fact that he's shy on top of it. I never had a problem conversing with people of other cultures, most of my friends are from different countries and English is there second language. I have also been to Japan three times and had so much fun with the Japanese people but they weren't shy around me at all! They would always stop to talk to me and invite me out to parties or for dinner somewhere. The Japanese are so kind and lovely.What can i say im attracted to Asian guys especially Japanese and Korean men! Even though this guy will only be a friend im still a little nervous to see him.
0 Replies