I think I messed things up

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 08:58 am
There this guy that I've kind of been seeing, Sunday we were talking and playing games with his friends as well as his ex, he started ignoring me and paying all his attention to them. I felt hurt behind that and since I've just felt like he's been spending so much time with his ex. I deleted him on social media and haven't spoken to him since Tuesday. He hasn't said anything to me and I don't know what to do. I thought if I left he would realize something was wrong and would try to talk to me, but he hasn't. I just couldn't take watching him and his ex together. I don't even feel like I exist when his ex is around.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:12 am
@Halfwaythere,
Halfwaythere wrote:
I deleted him on social media and haven't spoken to him since Tuesday. He hasn't said anything to me and I don't know what to do. I thought if I left he would realize something was wrong and would try to talk to me, but he hasn't.

you left
you deleted him
you're not talking to him

you apparently didn't tell him why you left

playing games like this is not the way to be in a relationship

____

Chalk this up to a learning experience and be a bit more mature the next time you're kind of seeing a guy.
Halfwaythere

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:14 am
@ehBeth,
How a I the one playing games when he's roping me along while still chasing his ex?
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:17 am
@Halfwaythere,
Quote:
There this guy that I've kind of been seeing,
This doesn't sound like the two of you are in any kind of relationship at all. His spending time with his ex as opposed to you also seems to indicate that he does not believe the two of you are in any kind of exclusive relationship.

Are you sure this kinda relationship isn't all in your head?
Halfwaythere

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:20 am
@CoastalRat,
We're not in a relationship, but we both are aware of how we feel about each other and we were courting, I guess you could say. It's that space right before you start dating. At least that's what I thought. Everything has been fine and going amazing until his ex popped back up and now he's acting like we were never anything.
panzade

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:22 am
@Halfwaythere,
Quote:
I don't even feel like I exist when his ex is around.

Well there's the problem. Your self-esteem needs some shoring up.
Try telling yourself you're a dynamite chick and you deserve better from a boyfriend.
Halfwaythere

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:25 am
@panzade,
I meant I don't feel like I exist because he treats me like I don't. Everything is about his ex.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:32 am
@Halfwaythere,
What more of a signal do you need that his eye has turned back to his past love?

Take the "hint" and move on.

He no longer sees you.

Sorry. Next time be sure someone is FREE to get involved. This guy apparently was not.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:34 am
@Halfwaythere,
Halfwaythere wrote:
but we both are aware of how we feel about each other

At least that's what I thought. .

had the two of you discussed these pre-dating feelings?

Did he know you thought that you were in a potential dating situation with him? Did you talk about it?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:35 am
@Halfwaythere,
Halfwaythere wrote:
when he's roping me along

you weren't dating

there was no roping along

you were friends
0 Replies

Halfwaythere

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:36 am
@PUNKEY,
He was! We talked about it. And then his ex popped back up, and POOF! There he went. I'm not just going to rush into something I know nothing about.
0 Replies

Halfwaythere

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:38 am
@ehBeth,
Yes, we talked about it. We were working towards dating, getting to know each other better. Which was going so well, until like I said, his ex showed back up. He even told his ex that he was glad they were back, right there in front of me.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 10:08 am
@Halfwaythere,
You were getting to know each other.
You were not dating.

He was happy to see his ex - there is absolutely no reason to hide that from you.
Halfwaythere

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 10:11 am
@ehBeth,
We were getting to know each other BETTER. We knew each other, we already had discussed dating. I know what our relationship was, we weren't dating but we weren't just friends either.
0 Replies

Halfwaythere

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 10:20 am
@ehBeth,
Should I just add him back and pretend nothing was wrong since I blew this whole thing out of proportion?
tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 02:11 pm
@Halfwaythere,
You should move onwards and forwards and learn a lesson. Next time something tweaks a nerve, COMMUNICATE first, don't jump straight to elementary dramatics and delete him off Facebook (my eyes couldn't possibly roll any further).
Halfwaythere

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 02:57 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
Can I just apologize?
tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 03:15 pm
@Halfwaythere,
Not necessary. This guy dropped you like a (insert terrible metaphor here) to reconnect with his ex. There are MANY other guys, single guys, that are happily single, just waiting for the right to girl to come along. No need to stay connected with this one guy.

Besides all that, an apology at this point is...It's past, it's done, it's over. It serves no purpose than to placate your own bruised ego for your part in it. Reconcile with yourself and keep on keepin' on.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 03:39 pm
@Halfwaythere,
Apologize for what?

According to you, HE misled you in that you thought you two were going to start dating. You were so sure of it.

But reality is that you two were just friends, fooling around with talk, but when the "real" one came back, he dropped all interest like a hot rock.

Like I said before, be sure the guy is FREE of all hangups from the past and other baggage (drugs, alcohol, bad grades, legal problems, etc.) BEFORE you start sweet talking.

Good luck and now - carry on!!

Halfwaythere

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 10:01 am
@PUNKEY,
I said apologize because I don't have space in my life for mysteries and what ifs. Why are you even talking like you know the situation, I just told you what happened and you're going to sit here and act like I'm making all of this up. If someone tells you they're interested in you, puts time into working towards a relationship and then just drops you, I have every right to be upset about it.

Like I said before, I knew the situation. There was no mention about him still having feelings for his ex. His feelings were supposedly on ME. And then this person reappears and I get dropped. Be in that situation and then we can talk about carrying on.

You just don't play around with others' emotions.