I think I messed things up

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 10:05 am
@Halfwaythere,
No.

Pretending nothing is/was wrong is lying. That's not how mature relationships develop.

It is time to accept this as a learning situation and do better the next time you're getting to know someone with an eye to dating/a potential relationship.

It sounds like he didn't understand 1) how attached he still is/was to his ex, 2) how invested you were in him.

You didn't tell him what was wrong when he focused on his ex.

You'll both get better at this (but likely not with each other).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 10:12 am
@tibbleinparadise,
Great advice from @tibbleinparadise.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 10:13 am
@Halfwaythere,
You can't complain about the quality of advice from strangers on the internet. If you are so aware of what happened, why ask us what to do?

The situation has played out. You, this guy, his ex, it happened. Maybe there were miscommunications, misunderstandings, who knows. All we know is what you've told us and, of course, our interpretation based on our own experiences. My life experience tells me that you guys weren't on the same page and this guy wasn't quite over his ex. It's okay. Learn and move on.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 10:16 am
@Halfwaythere,
Halfwaythere wrote:

How a I the one playing games when he's roping me along while still chasing his ex?

This statement right here should be repeated in your head over and over until you realize you are better off moving on. Why waste feeling like crap over this?
0 Replies

Niganwhite

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 02:31 am
I think you should talk to him first, maybe there is something wrong you did you havn't reconize..
Halfwaythere

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 11:59 am
@Niganwhite,
I talked to him, I was basically right. He was still into his ex and rather be with them over me. Whatever we had is over now.
EmmyJane

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:37 pm
@panzade,
Yeah, no reason to be around his ex! Comparisons come too naturally!
0 Replies

Niganwhite

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 02:52 am
@Halfwaythere,
I see, did you decide what to do ?
0 Replies

Niganwhite

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 01:31 am
@Halfwaythere,
What's happening now? Any better?
0 Replies