1
   

BUSH WON FAIR AND SQUARE...

 
 
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 03:20 pm
George Bush won this election fair and square...and reasonably convincingly.

The people have spoken.

I wish him and his administration the very best of luck. We have lots of problems that must be dealt with...and I hope he is able to deal with them effectively.

The Republicans...and American conservatives...now control not only the White House, but also the Senate; the House of Representatives and...my guess is soon...the Supreme Court.

They have asserted that they know how to deal with the problems we have...and that their answers will do the job.

We should end up with smaller, more efficient government; less taxes; a better economic condition...and we should be safer.

I hope everyone in America...Democrats, liberals, Independents...join me in wishing them well.

I'll probably not be visiting the political threads much until the next Silly Season...and I hope some of you will stop by the Philosophy and Religion areas for some discussion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,680 • Replies: 66
No top replies

 
Einherjar
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 03:27 pm
Re: BUSH WON FAIR AND SQUARE...
Frank Apisa wrote:
I'll probably not be visiting the political threads much until the next Silly Season...and I hope some of you will stop by the Philosophy and Religion areas for some discussion.


Sure.
0 Replies
 
neue regel
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 03:30 pm
'I hope everyone in America...Democrats, liberals, Independents...join me in wishing them well.'

How about we all wish each other well as we all occupy the same land......even the same planet.

I am sad, however, that others do not wish the President well in trying to lead this nation. I guess the close election in Florida 2000 was mostly an excuse not to accept Bush as President then......for some, anyway.
0 Replies
 
OCCOM BILL
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 03:35 pm
Shocked What an unexpected source for the voice of reason to emanate from. :wink:

Good for you Frank. That's right decent of you face the truth head on, set personal preferences aside and wish the country well. I do hope your sentiments are contagious, and that somehow the country comes togetherÂ… at least a little.

<bows head slightly in approval>
0 Replies
 
skot182
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 03:49 pm
Re: BUSH WON FAIR AND SQUARE...
Frank Apisa wrote:
George Bush won this election fair and square...and reasonably convincingly.

The people have spoken.

I wish him and his administration the very best of luck. We have lots of problems that must be dealt with...and I hope he is able to deal with them effectively.

The Republicans...and American conservatives...now control not only the White House, but also the Senate; the House of Representatives and...my guess is soon...the Supreme Court.

They have asserted that they know how to deal with the problems we have...and that their answers will do the job.

We should end up with smaller, more efficient government; less taxes; a better economic condition...and we should be safer.

I hope everyone in America...Democrats, liberals, Independents...join me in wishing them well.

I'll probably not be visiting the political threads much until the next Silly Season...and I hope some of you will stop by the Philosophy and Religion areas for some discussion.


Did he even score 270 electorial college votes? cus when I last saw he only had 254 n kerry had 252, not very convincing...
0 Replies
 
El-Diablo
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:13 pm
^^First of all it was CNN. Now that total is 280somehthing to 240something. And yeah people should visti the philosophty and religion threads more.
0 Replies
 
Larry434
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:15 pm
Final projected to be 286 - 252, when all states are called.
0 Replies
 
skot182
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:29 pm
so its just projected results, he hasn't definatly won, it is still matmatically possible for kerry?
0 Replies
 
smog
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:30 pm
Unfortunately, no.
0 Replies
 
skot182
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:39 pm
meh... well we always have hillary, and luckally bush can't run again... hopfully jeb doesn't try!
0 Replies
 
cannistershot
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:51 pm
Thank you Frank.. Very classy!
0 Replies
 
Ticomaya
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:52 pm
Frank: I'll see you in the P&R forums.

skot: Never say die.
0 Replies
 
PKB
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:57 pm
God, I hope the my party doesn't run Hillary in '08! She can't win. Besides, if they even look like they are going to run Hil I'll bet the Republicans select Gulliani to run. They will probably run him anyway.
0 Replies
 
cannistershot
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 05:06 pm
PKB wrote:
God, I hope the my party doesn't run Hillary in '08! She can't win. Besides, if they even look like they are going to run Hil I'll bet the Republicans select Gulliani to run. They will probably run him anyway.



I can only hope. You guys could run Zell.
0 Replies
 
cavfancier
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 05:09 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Frank: I'll see you in the P&R forums.

skot: Never say die.


True enough, except Bush Jr. is no FDR, in my opinion. However, seeing as his administration has already run a bit roughshod over the first amendment, why not the twenty-second? Or, maybe Jeb will indeed join the dynasty to circumvent those issues without complaint. Anything is indeed possible. There is an ancient Chinese curse: "May you live in exciting times."

If I were American, I might actually vote Giuliani in the next election, should he be chosen for the Republican nomination. For some reason, I see a Hillary Clinton/Al Sharpton double bill to be a bit wonky <joke>. Laughing Oh, and yes Frank, very diplomatic of you, and thanks for starting a political thread where folks are actually polite. You set a fine example.
0 Replies
 
Steppenwolf
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 05:21 pm
An excellent thread. Although I voted Kerry, I too hope the best for the next four years.

This administration has quite a few challenges ahead of it. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, and I truly hope they succeed.
0 Replies
 
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 05:44 pm
Frank, you are full of surprises.
0 Replies
 
Taliesin181
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 06:41 pm
*Applause for Frank's decency*
*Wail of anguish that it was necessary*
Skot: I just made that Jeb crack today! Awesome.
Steppenwolf: I'm right there with you.
0 Replies
 
Steppenwolf
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 06:51 pm
FreeDuck wrote:


Lol--That's a fantastic signature. Very Happy
0 Replies
 
Fedral
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:23 pm
Re: BUSH WON FAIR AND SQUARE...
Frank Apisa wrote:
George Bush won this election fair and square...and reasonably convincingly.

The people have spoken.

I wish him and his administration the very best of luck. We have lots of problems that must be dealt with...and I hope he is able to deal with them effectively.

The Republicans...and American conservatives...now control not only the White House, but also the Senate; the House of Representatives and...my guess is soon...the Supreme Court.

They have asserted that they know how to deal with the problems we have...and that their answers will do the job.

We should end up with smaller, more efficient government; less taxes; a better economic condition...and we should be safer.

I hope everyone in America...Democrats, liberals, Independents...join me in wishing them well.

I'll probably not be visiting the political threads much until the next Silly Season...and I hope some of you will stop by the Philosophy and Religion areas for some discussion.


Thus speaks one of the last True American Gentleman.

I hope that you choose to stay on the political forums Frank. This section of the boards will be lessened without your presence.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » BUSH WON FAIR AND SQUARE...
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/20/2019 at 09:15:58