BUSH WON FAIR AND SQUARE...

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:43 pm
http://www.cagle.com/working/041102/bennett.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:52 pm
Thanks, Frank. I was fortifying myself late last night to say the same thing for Mr. Kerry. Following realjohnboy's example, I was even going to refer to him as Mr. or President Kerry.

I am relieved at the results, by the way - not joyful.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:56 pm
Those caught off balance by Frank's reasoned, reasonable, and gracious declaration don't know the man. While Frank and I may not share ideology, I have found him to be a worthy opponent, and on shared interests, I have found him to be a most valuable ally. I hold him in great regard as a gentleman, a scholar, and an honorable human being. His statement is wholly in keeping with the Frank I have come to know and admire over these past several years, across many, many discussions, on this and other boards.

Well, mebbe the gentleman part could use a little work from time to time Mr. Green
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:58 pm
skot182 wrote:
so its just projected results, he hasn't definatly won, it is still matmatically possible for kerry?

No, which is why Kerry conceded today.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:01 pm
Nice post Frank. Now on that note, I would also like to wish everyone well and I will also remove myself from the political arena.

Happy trails all.
0 Replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:25 pm
And the political arena suddenly loses interest for some or perhaps many. Thanks Frank for your words. Timberlandko is right on target in reference to Frank. And I surely will see you in the philosophy and religion arenas. Can't wait to scrap it up a bit there.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:24 pm
Some of us are no gentleman. I are one.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:57 pm
I don't expect to be abandoning the Politics Forum entirely, but I certainly anticipate spending far less time around here. I'm quite happy to debate with anyone, of any political persuasion, and I will continue to keep an eye out for posts from Fedral, timberlandko, Asherman, and a few other thoughtful, intelligent, and respectful conservatives, but I am no longer getting anything from discussing topics with people who have found that the cut-and-paste function can act as a handy substitute for independent thinking. If I had wanted to join FreeRepublic or subscribe to the Limbaugh Letter I would have done so already -- I'm not interested in reading it on A2K.

Perhaps, with the election behind us, the level of rhetoric will decrease and the level of intelligent discourse will increase around here. I'm not optimistic, but there's always hope. In the meantime, I'll be hanging out at my usual haunts: Philosophy, Legal, Film, and History.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:13 pm
Thank you for including me among such august company, joefromchicago. Your regard and respect are much appreciated.

Don't count too heavilly on much noticeable elevation of the style and content of Political Threads though; that just ain't the nature of the critter, with or without an active election to get the teeth flashin' and the spit flyin'. Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:29 pm
I wish our country well.

As I do the world.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:36 pm
I did not vote republican and i do not support bush, but I DO wish him luck/strength and success in his coming years. He has a job I would NEVER want.
But because I dont support him doesnt mean I am not human and that I dont wish him the best of luck. I wish all other voters Dem or Rep could come to the same conclusion and maybe we can stop the mud slinging here too. heheh

Im with you Montana.. Im outta the political thread for a while.
Well.... 3 2/3 years from now I will come back.
but not until then!!!!! :-) :-)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:02 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Some of us are no gentleman. I are one.

And in this I renew my fondness for you edgar.

I'm afraid I have some difficulty with a seemingly magnanimous exit from someone who, prior to Kerry's defeat, engaged in incessant villification of Bush and his supporters.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:31 pm
Ahhhh, whutthuhell ... politics makes some folks crazy ... just the nature of the beast, I guess. Hell, folks even fight real wars over it, with guns and bombs and blood and death and destruction and all, if you recall; some intemperate electronic verbiage ain't much on which to hang a grudge.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:50 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Ahhhh, whutthuhell ... politics makes some folks crazy ... just the nature of the beast, I guess. Hell, folks even fight real wars over it, with guns and bombs and blood and death and destruction and all, if you recall; some intemperate electronic verbiage ain't much on which to hang a grudge.

Not a grudge, just an appreciation for consistency and an aversion to fulsome approbation.
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:55 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Not a grudge, just an appreciation for consistency and an aversion to fulsome approbation.

I hope to holy hell Bush changes his ways, but I don't forsee it.

The consistency garbage is a load of crap Finn. If you were the manager of a baseball team and your pitcher was getting shelled, would you still leave him in there for "consistency"? Hell no, and if it was the other way around, with Bush being Gore, you'd be calling for his head.

So save your mumbo jumbo for others, I'm one pissed off individual and I am going to change this country through hell or high water. I am not going to allow my country to become Texas, the neo-conservative viewpoint is a cancer on the progression of society and you know this.

The only good thing that can become of this is the destruction of the Republican party. It is going to start to splinter in the next few years because the country is going down the toilet and they have nobody to blame but themselves. It will happen and I will make sure everybody knows who's to blame.

Peace out, and I hope Bush changes, but you know as well as I do he won't.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:03 am
C'mon, now, JR ... don't hold back; repression isn't good for the psyche. Loosen up a bit and tell us how you really feel. Laughing
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:39 am
Frank,

I haven't spent much time in the Philosophy and Religion areas, but since you will be there, I will make it a point to check in for your views on such subjects. And I expect I will continue to be amazed by the depth of your character and the intelligence of your thoughts.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:37 am
I are one of those that are no gentleman, Finn.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:41 am
Laughing JR, you might want to stifle your anger long enough to figure out what you are responding to.
Hint: That was a very consistent view. Idea
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:42 am
"The consistency garbage is a load of crap Finn. If you were the manager of a baseball team and your pitcher was getting shelled, would you still leave him in there for "consistency"? Hell no."

Hell joe, the Dems are the poster boys for consistency. Staying with the same failed "pitch" and consistently losing in every national and most statehouse elections in this decade.

Perhaps you should so inform the DNC.
Very Happy
0 Replies