What kind of political forum is this?

girlie

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:05 am
I have left Reddit and many other sites due to users abusing the down votes with anyone who remotely sounds like they support "Trump."

I have my reasons for thinking what I do and I think it is ridiculous that we cannot state our reasons because of snowflakes.

Considering the dems had eight years in office and they didn't have anything to show for it but Obama taking luxurious vacations on tax payer dollars, but that's who the majority worship and who they think is Messiah. What are your thoughts on wasted tax dollars toward his vacations?

I'd rather my tax dollars go to funding the US military, not Obama's vacations.

Reddit would suppress anyone that didn't think like a snowflake and is an extremely liberal site. I tried to ask what makes the liberals better when they do the same exact thing as Republicans but no one could give me a straight answer on why I should vote for the democratic party.

For the record, I'm not anything. I'm a swing voter, but so far, the conservatives and Republicans have won me over. I used to be a liberal when I was in college, but over time, I am disgusted by their smear campaigns toward the Republican/conservatives and poor sportsmanship.

If they continue to badmouth Republicans/conservatives, they will lose another election. Nobody likes a braggart, especially when they didn't even win and they're still acting like they can change the election results...the biggest group of entitled, self-centered people I've ever met.

It's ironic they call Donald self-centered. I don't think a former celebrity would give up his lavish lifestyle to take care of ungrateful Americans who constantly slander him if he was in fact self-centered.

Can anyone tell me who thinks I shouldn't support Donald, why I would want to vote for a party who did Bernie so dirty? Why would I want that?

I'm also trying to understand this irrational hatred for Donald...people hate him because he has no political experience? He's a businessman and he can use what he knows to run a business in politics also. He didn't roll back any rights and nothing has changed. Not sure what people are whining about rights being taken away.

Yeah, rights are being taken away - the right to not think like a snowflake because snowflakes seem to think they are the only ones with free speech and they suppress, bully and intimidate anyone who doesn't think like them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 6,976 • Replies: 130

girlie

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:27 am
@girlie,
I'm honestly surprised that more people aren't upset at Obama taking so many luxurious vacations while American children starve and the US military isn't treated as well as it should be treated. It's like a captain abandoning ship when one sinks. What kind of President thinks it's okay to take vacations on tax payer dollars and luxurious ones at that? If he wants to take vacations, then he can do that on his own dime.

And yet these same Obama worshippers want to bash Donald for playing golf for one day, lol.
Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:33 am
@girlie,
I am not a fan of either of these presidents but I don't be grudge them vacation time. Sometimes stepping away is actually more helpful. Just imagine yourself in your job which is much less stressful than running a country....how much more productive you are if you have a vacation.

Unfortunately it does cost the taxpayer so much money because of the secret service and the protection needed. That is the downside. I agree the rest of the vacation should be on his own money (but do we know for sure who actually is footing the bill for the vacation??? do you know if the taxpayer is paying for the trip or is the president?), but the security is a necessary evil that the taxpayer has to endure.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:38 am
Well, welcome aboard. There are a few snowflakes here, it's been observed that they tend to eat a lot of cheese as well. You will find all types that will disagree with you.

You will find the ones that will call you derogatory names and insult anything and everything you say.
You will find the ones that latch on to one or two things that happened 10 or twenty years ago and just repeat it endlessly.
You will find the foreigners who have nothing good to say about America or anything resembling right of Gandhi.
You will find the a whole range of opinions if you stick around. You may even end up with your very own shadows that will thumb down every post you make.

But, you have to stick around and share your opinions.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:43 am
@girlie,
Obama isn't President anymore. So no need to still be upset about him.

Trump did say he'd be working really hard and rarely leave the White House (paraphrased). He's been to Florida almost every weekend since becoming President. I am a serious Trump supporter and that irritates me. I couldn't imagine how someone that hates Trump feels about it.

Trump did turn over his first paychecks and that is awesome to see. I hope that he isn't charging the government for his vacations and covering that bill himself, but there is no way to verify that.

What irritates me about it most is I then have to read all about how Trump said one thing and is doing something else.
0 Replies

girlie

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 10:00 am
@Linkat,
I'm really trying to understand people's priorities in the things that they're upset about. They're upset that Americans who live in America won't accept Muslim religion?!?! This is America. I don't need to accept outsider ****. When I come to a country, I adapt to that country's standards and beliefs. I don't bring my beliefs over here. They're upset about women's rights? Uh, last I checked, nothing has been taken away. It's all a smear campaign by the left.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 10:06 am
@girlie,
I am curious Girlie... are you open minded enough to really try to understand the other side (rather than just attack them).

I am liberal on many (but not all) issues. I am open minded and will have a respectful conversation with people on the other side of the political spectrum. Hopefully you are also open minded enough to question and consider issues from the other perspective.

I have had many good interactions with McGentrix (who probably agrees with you more than I will).... being able to discuss things respectfully with people who disagree with me is the best part of this forum.

If you see any disagreement as a "smear campaign", then intelligent conversation is probably not possible. I am not really interested in mud slinging with people on the other side.

camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 10:27 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
are you open minded enough to really try to understand the other side (rather than just attack them).

Pretty funny, Max.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:02 am
@girlie,
girlie wrote:

I'm really trying to understand people's priorities in the things that they're upset about. They're upset that Americans who live in America won't accept Muslim religion?!?! This is America. I don't need to accept outsider ****. When I come to a country, I adapt to that country's standards and beliefs. I don't bring my beliefs over here. They're upset about women's rights? Uh, last I checked, nothing has been taken away. It's all a smear campaign by the left.

You would get a hoot out of this then when my company was moving work overseas to India, we would then need to deal with them on a daily basis. We had to attend a class on India customs and so forth so we could be sensitive to their way of life and what is offensive, etc. This guy chimes in - we are an American company shouldn't they taking sensitivity and cultural classes to learn to deal with us?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:07 am
@Linkat,
My pre-teen daughter is bilingual (English and Spanish). She speaks both fluently. She was in a store and heard someone telling her to "Speak English". She apparently told her something like "Buzz off, asshole". The lady was upset that my daughter had cussed at her. I found out what happened.... and asked the lady if my daughter had cussed at her in English. She assured me that she had.

I replied "then what's your problem asshole.".

The idea that Americans don't speak English or go to mosque is clearly wrong.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:08 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
This guy chimes in - we are an American company shouldn't they taking sensitivity and cultural classes to learn to deal with us?

Everyone in the world knows how to be loud and boorish if they were so inclined. That doesn't take any special training.
Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:09 am
@Linkat,
And to be honest -- once it was the norm to try to adapt to the country/cultural where you are moving or becoming a part of.

I remember calling a service provider that was servicing my account. This was an American company, but an overseas branch of this office as I was dealing with an overseas account. When they first picked up the phone, they started talking in French. My French is very limited as I hadn't used it in years and it caught me off guard. So I kind of stumbled and talked in English.

The person on the phone apologized to me and began speaking in English - I in turn apologized and said I should have realized and not assumed seeing was calling you. He corrected me and said --- no, we are an American company so we are expected to speak to English.

Zoom forward 15 years and we are now supposed to adapt to the other culture even within our own borders.

(not that I am against understanding and respecting each other's cultures - just it seems there should be a middle ground not one extreme or the other)
Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:11 am
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

Quote:
This guy chimes in - we are an American company shouldn't they taking sensitivity and cultural classes to learn to deal with us?

Everyone in the world knows how to be loud and boorish if they were so inclined. That doesn't take any special training.

You said - you must be American then as per your above comment.

In business and dealing with co-workers whether overseas or in the office one gets fired for being rude. Perhaps you have never worked in a professional environment.
camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:13 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
Zoom forward 15 years and we are now supposed to adapt to the other culture even within our own borders.

You don't have to adapt to anything but don't expect that folks are simply going to buy in to all the wacky US ideas just because they move there.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:13 am
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

Quote:

OH and here is the example McGentrix is talking about how "some people" are vs. ones that may disagree but actually discusses their disagreement rather than simply insult and slam others - especially an entire group of people.

I always find this ironic -- the "politically correct" individuals are the first to slam an entire group of people.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:15 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
And to be honest -- once it was the norm to try to adapt to the country/cultural where you are moving or becoming a part of.

This was never true in the US. I live near Boston. We have a part of the city where Italian is still prevalent, and Irish pride has never faded in Boston. Through segregation there developed a distinct African-American culture, not to mention the interesting mix in places like New Orleans... and of course Hispanic culture has been a large part of what it means to be American since before the Civil War. There are long-standing Jewish communities (in New York, San Francisco, and Brookline Massachusetts) that keep Sabbath, and Amish communities that have been here for centuries. All of these communities have maintained their own culture in a way that is distinctly American.

There is myth that White Protestant culture is American culture. It is true that White Protestant Americans used to be economically and politically dominant. It is not true that the other cultures; Jews, Irish, Italians, African-Americans that have long been part of the United States aren't equally American.

The real issue is that America is now becoming more equal. This is due to both demographic changes and progress in social issues. Where White Protestants used to be dominant in positions of power (both political and economic) now other cultures are becoming gaining equality.

Some people are upset by this.

0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:17 am
@Linkat,
I understand exactly what is needed and expected in polite company. I have also seen much of the ugly American in many countries and fitting in is not what many Americans do. Their gigantic conceit precedes them, the same kind of conceit you are now exhibiting.

And it's all just another silly, crazy, wacky US myth. Your melting pot. It actually says, has always said "do what we do but don't get any of your foreign filth on us".
camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:27 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
especially an entire group of people.

I always find this ironic -- the "politically correct" individuals are the first to slam an entire group of people.

Aren't we just a sensitive little [white?] kitten.

Consider how so many millions of people feel when the god damned leader of the country is a racist. When racism is so central to the US, always has been, despite the constant crowing about how open and free the US is.

Consider how the people that you have all committed a massive genocide against feel, still to this day about your open arms welcoming melting pot.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:30 am
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

I understand exactly what is needed and expected in polite company. I have also seen much of the ugly American in many countries and fitting in is not what many Americans do. Their gigantic conceit precedes them, the same kind of conceit you are now exhibiting.

And it's all just another silly, crazy, wacky US myth. Your melting pot. It actually says, has always said "do what we do but don't get any of your foreign filth on us".

All Americans - really??? Where are you from? I have traveled throughout Europe as an American and I saw ugly people from all countries. Asians that push you out of the way to board a subway, Swiss that were completely snobbish and rude to your face, Canadians that wouldn't give you the time of day and made fun of you --- and yes a group of very loud Texans being rude (knew they were because they made it obvious where they were from).

You probably have not seen Americans that fit in --- why --- because these Americans are fitting in or are you so closed minded.

Your comments here simply prove how closed minded and how much you are like exactly what you are stating you dislike --"I understand exactly what is needed and expected in polite company" "Their gigantic conceit precedes them, the same kind of conceit you are now exhibiting."
You just showed how loud, ugly, conceited and boorish you are! I would not blame the country you are from - I feel bad for them as you are a poor representative of where ever you are from.

But I am done with you as you are boring me. And I prefer to speak to someone who actually has some facts to provide and is not closed minded.
camlok

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:36 am
@Linkat,
I didn't say, "All Americans". A lot of you folks also have a big problem with comprehension. That comes from the blinding conceit.
0 Replies