1
   

Ford employees ask company to stop making police cruisers

 
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 07:20 pm
Roughly 100 Ford employees have asked the auto company to stop its production and selling of police vehicles amid continuing nationwide protests calling for the end of police brutality and total police reform.

Protests have permeated the country for well over a month that were sparked after the death of George Floyd, and unarmed black man who died in Minneapolis police custody on May 25.

Ford told the Detroit Free Press that the requests for Ford to stop making police vehicles have been "respectful" and "constructive."

"We want to hear and listen to all employees, understand their point of view and be transparent about the actions and positions we are taking," Mark Truby, Ford's chief communications officer, told the paper. "It's a healthy dialogue."

Ford is a major player in police vehicle production, supplying nearly two-thirds of all police vehicles in the country.

In a letter to salaried employees on July 1, CEO Jim Hackett said that while Ford supports the Black Lives Matter movement, it also believes in the importance of law enforcement.

https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/automobiles/506622-ford-employees-ask-company-to-stop-making-police-cruisers

Who do we ask to stop making ghettoes?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 263 • Replies: 28
No top replies

 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 08:32 pm
If we could stop making criminals, we could end the Police.

Until that happens we just need to weed out the bad ones.
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 08:38 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
I agree with you on this one.

Getting Ford to stop making police cars is just stupid.

0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 08:40 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Roughly 100 Ford employees have asked the auto company to stop its production and selling of police vehicles amid continuing nationwide protests calling for the end of police brutality and total police reform.

Protests have permeated the country for well over a month that were sparked after the death of George Floyd, and unarmed black man who died in Minneapolis police custody on May 25.

Ford told the Detroit Free Press that the requests for Ford to stop making police vehicles have been "respectful" and "constructive."

"We want to hear and listen to all employees, understand their point of view and be transparent about the actions and positions we are taking," Mark Truby, Ford's chief communications officer, told the paper. "It's a healthy dialogue."

Ford is a major player in police vehicle production, supplying nearly two-thirds of all police vehicles in the country.

In a letter to salaried employees on July 1, CEO Jim Hackett said that while Ford supports the Black Lives Matter movement, it also believes in the importance of law enforcement.

https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/automobiles/506622-ford-employees-ask-company-to-stop-making-police-cruisers

Who do we ask to stop making ghettoes?


Making ghettoes? Start with banks for race redlining whole areas and those like Trump family to rent fairly to everyone an so on.

Ghettoes are not created by the victims anymore then the Jewish Ghettoes was created by the Jews.in the 1920s.

Hell one of the so call southern ghettoes was called the black wall street until a jealous white mob over run it using seize national guard machine guns an aircrafts when the black put up too must of a fight.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 08:54 pm
@BillRM,
I think the argument is that if there are no police in Black neighborhoods, these neighborhoods will become "ghettos" (which is an rather poorly defined term).

I don't believe we should get rid of police. I do believe that we need to rethink how the police should work in these communities.

The police should be serving and protecting these communities. In many cases they are obviously failing. I don't think anyone sane doesn't think this is an important discussion. I still agree that preventing Ford from making police cars is silly. The police cars aren't the problem.


Dr Sliptinschit
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 09:07 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
If we could stop making criminals, we could end the Police.

Until that happens we just need to weed out the bad ones.


Weeding out the bad ones is what the police are doing.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 09:14 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

If we could stop making criminals, we could end the Police.

Until that happens we just need to weed out the bad ones.


Could we change the way that the Police do their work?

For example, police are not trained to do mental health intervention. And yet, they are asked to work in dangerous confrontations with people who are experiencing psychotic breaks.

If we could have the police step back and let a mental health worker take over these cases. Would you agree that this would be better?

It means that someone could be brought in by a mental health worker rather than being arrested. And it means that someone who is psychotic and honestly believes she is being attacked by aliens doesn't have to be confronted by yelling people with uniforms and guns.

That's just one example
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 09:18 pm
@maxdancona,
I support changes like that. But I don't agree with slashing the police budget to pay for it.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 09:18 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I think the argument is that if there are no police in Black neighborhoods, these neighborhoods will become "ghettos" (which is an rather poorly defined term).

I don't believe we should get rid of police. I do believe that we need to rethink how the police should work in these communities.

The police should be serving and protecting these communities. In many cases they are obviously failing. I don't think anyone sane doesn't think this is an important discussion. I still agree that preventing Ford from making police cars is silly. The police cars aren't the problem.





There was a CA city during the gold rush period who name does not come up to me at the moment that have a corrupt government and police department to the point that a citizen committee seized the government and chase the gangs an such out of town.

Setting up their own courts and hanging people as needed.

It existed for a few years before disbanding when the people reach the conclusion that the normal government could be trusted once more to enforce the laws and keep order.





Dr Sliptinschit
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 09:19 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Making ghettoes? Start with banks for race redlining whole areas and those like Trump family to rent fairly to everyone an so on.

Ghettoes are not created by the victims anymore then the Jewish Ghettoes was created by the Jews.in the 1920s.

Hell one of the so call southern ghettoes was called the black wall street until a jealous white mob over run it using seize national guard machine guns an aircrafts when the black put up too must of a fight.


Obviously you don't know where ghettoes came from. They were once clean white neighborhoods. now they are black on black killing fields.

BUT HEY! Black lives matter!
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 09:43 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I support changes like that. But I don't agree with slashing the police budget to pay for it.


Why not as the police have no need to be a equip as a occupancy military force they are instead supposed to be peace keepers and law enforcers officers of the court system.

They instead are playing solders too often an upsetting the peace instead of maintaining it.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 09:45 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:
Making ghettoes? Start with banks for race redlining whole areas and those like Trump family to rent fairly to everyone an so on.

Ghettoes are not created by the victims anymore then the Jewish Ghettoes was created by the Jews.in the 1920s.

Hell one of the so call southern ghettoes was called the black wall street until a jealous white mob over run it using seize national guard machine guns an aircrafts when the black put up too must of a fight.


Obviously you don't know where ghettoes came from. They were once clean white neighborhoods. now they are black on black killing fields.


BUT HEY! Black lives matter!


You racism is showing too greatly I would suggest dialing it back.
Dr Sliptinschit
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 10:15 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
You racism is showing too greatly I would suggest dialing it back.


As a white republican, conservative, I can not be a racist.

I am the party of Lincoln! We freed the slaves!
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 10:38 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:
You racism is showing too greatly I would suggest dialing it back.


As a white republican, conservative, I can not be a racist.

I am the party of Lincoln! We freed the slaves!


LOL so you hear the free the slaves from Trump your fuehrer as he stated that few people knew that fact before he told it.

Sorry but to the republicans shame during the civil right movement in the 50s to 60s the racists democrats move to the GOP where they was welcome with very open arms.

Lincoln party have nothing to do with the current GOP.
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 10:59 pm
@BillRM,
Actually the people who hate Mr. Trump are quite a lot like the people who hated Mr. Lincoln.

History will judge them the same.
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 11:00 pm
@BillRM,
I want the police to be well equipped and well trained so that they can be effective when they protect me.
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 11:04 pm
@BillRM,
Falsely accusing people of racism is pretty silly.
0 Replies
 
Dr Sliptinschit
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2020 10:29 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
LOL so you hear the free the slaves from Trump your fuehrer as he stated that few people knew that fact before he told it.

Sorry but to the republicans shame during the civil right movement in the 50s to 60s the racists democrats move to the GOP where they was welcome with very open arms.

Lincoln party have nothing to do with the current GOP.


That's some horrible English you have there.
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2020 01:13 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Actually the people who hate Mr. Trump are quite a lot like the people who hated Mr. Lincoln.

History will judge them the same.


Complete nonsense.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2020 01:21 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I want the police to be well equipped and well trained so that they can be effective when they protect me.


So you wish them to have military weapons so they can do mass murders of citizens in the name of protecting you?

The odd thing is that the courts had found that the police have no duty to come to your protection

In fact there was a very well known case of a CA white truck driver being taken out of his cab and being beaten within sight of the police an only the fact that black repeat black citizens intervene to protect him save him from death.
 

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Ford employees ask company to stop making police cruisers
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/05/2020 at 10:54:06