AP reports that Kerry concedes!!!!

Larry434

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:26 am
Thok wrote:
It is everywhere, BBC News,CNN etc.

It is over.

But what, if the votes still swing for Kerry and he wins? Unlikely,but probably possible.

Nevertheless: George W. Bush, congratulation to you.

The concession is not legally binding. Should the votes swing to Kerry, he would become the President. Of course, that is highly unlikely.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:33 am
It's over.

Apparently Edwards wanted to "fight on."

I'm glad to see Kerry maintain his dignity.

Also smart politics

If he dragged the nation through endless recounts and litigation for a hopeless cause, his name would be Mud on the national front

However, by not fighting on he may lose his leadership role for the party faithful.

He did the right thing for the country, so good for him.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:37 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
It's over.

Also smart politics

If he dragged the nation through endless recounts and litigation for a hopeless cause, his name would be Mud on the national front

However, by not fighting on he may lose his leadership role for the party faithful.

I don't see it that way Finn...

In the Nixon / Kennedy election, many of Nixon's supporters wanted him to challenge the election, but he graciously conceded and the people remembered that conduct and later elected him to the Presidency.

As to Edwards pushing to 'fight on', that's probably because he has nothing to lose. (His seat is gone and all he can do is go back home and stew)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:41 am
Fedral wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
It's over.

Also smart politics

I don't see it that way Finn...

In the Nixon / Kennedy election, many of Nixon's supporters wanted him to challenge the election, but he graciously conceded and the people remembered that conduct and later elected him to the Presidency.

As to Edwards pushing to 'fight on', that's probably because he has nothing to lose. (His seat is gone and all he can do is go back home and stew)

I hardly think he will spend much time stewing.....
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:44 am
Kerry concedes; Bush re-elected

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQAdA!sWKmkQLVujM*Pcdp7PTeq*6elbAf94X!bdrXUmDKfdFy0hFXzi48QqtqEVsxoncohGm2XhUBLk3KuH8HhCIXhnMW1P!iuU5Xo3rwP9hRVModBhzg/kissmedhue.gif
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:46 am
Presidential Race
President: George Bush (Republican)

Senate split
Republicans: 55
Democrats: 44
Independent: 1

House Split
Republicans: 232
Democrats: 202

If you find yourself wailing and moaning "How could he have won? The Republicans don't represent 'The People' " I ask you to step back and take an objective look at your views and ask if it may be YOU who is 'out of touch' with the true feelings of 'The People'.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:48 am
Who is the independent? A Nader relative? ;-)
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:22 am
Just in: George W. Bush describes Kerry as "gracious" in defeat.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:26 am
Baldimo wrote:
I have one more point of respect for Kerry after not pulling a Gore.

Amen, I was afraid that 2004 would be as bad as 2000.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:35 am
If It's Not Close, They Can't Cheat
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:40 am
It is a sad day for half the country and most of the world, and that's a lot of people.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:41 am
I would imagine that the mental health industry will be gainfully employed for awhile after all of this.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:48 am
About 58,650,967 people disagree with you there dookiestix.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:48 am
Kerry will make a formal statement at 1900 GMT and Bush is expected to speak at 2000 GMT.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:49 am
Dookiestix wrote:
I would imagine that the mental health industry will be gainfully employed for awhile after all of this.

Buncha Dem's gonna admit they've got problems and seek therapy on their own?

Mebbe.

Doubt it though ... recognizing their own failures and shortcomings has not been a notable attribute of The Dems. All over the 'net, on board after board and blog after blog - and with the nastiest of vituperation, they're bewailing "Dirty Tricks" and "The Stupidity of The Electorate" rather than looking internally for the sources of their continued failure to engage The Elecorate.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:50 am
Dookiestix wrote:
It is a sad day for half the country and most of the world, and that's a lot of people.

Yeah, I bet the terrorists aren't too thrilled either. Maybe bin Laden will send Kerry a note of condolence. (Just a joke to lighten things up a bit around here. So please, no kicking me. But feel free to take a dig back)
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:50 am
Quote:

Perhaps. And yet many millions more around the world would agree with me. Actually, it could be in the billions.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:51 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps. And yet many millions more around the world would agree with me. Actually, it could be in the billions.

But even you gotta admit Dook that they don't count much. Razz
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:53 am
Quote:
But even you gotta admit Dook that they don't count much.

Actually, they may count when it comes to global cooperation against terrorism, increased cooperation within the global economy, and a justified fear of entire economies offically replacing the dollar with the euro and other currencies.

If I were you, I'd be concerned. America cannot survive under it's own economic independence.

But you knew that, right?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:54 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:

A lot of those people are idiots. Like France. Ha. Who cares if France thinks were dumb?
0 Replies