Homosexual Marriage defeated by WIDE Margins

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:29 pm
Quote:
There is nothing natural about homosexuality and it doesn't do anything that nature intended.

Actually, homosexual activity is found throughout the natural world, in primates, in birds and even fish. It is a natural occurence and the sooner we recognize that marriage ought to be the union of two humans, whatever their sex, the better off we will be. Same sex marriage will remove the stigma placed on homosexuals based on an out-dated and mis-guided philosophy, strengthen society by encouraging more long term relationships and open our experience of that natural world to something closer to reality.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:32 pm
Let's assume we are non-partisan here Baldimo. Noboy is judging anyone. This is strictly for the purpose of balanced and friendly debate. What is it exactly that you want others to know about you, peronally, and why do you feel slighted by others who clearly don't understand you, or your position, politically?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:44 pm
Those things I mentioned above were not proven, they are assumed to be a reality because theories can be built upon them. No one can even see the whole picture inside an atom, so the workings therein are also assumed to be as we describe them, because THAT works for us. If anything is proven it's by deduction.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 08:04 am
Baldimo
Your theme has been on subject after subject prove it. And if you can't I do not believe.
I would ask, do you believe in God and if so can you prove he exists.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:01 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Quote:
There is nothing natural about homosexuality and it doesn't do anything that nature intended.

Actually, homosexual activity is found throughout the natural world, in primates, in birds and even fish. It is a natural occurence and the sooner we recognize that marriage ought to be the union of two humans, whatever their sex, the better off we will be. Same sex marriage will remove the stigma placed on homosexuals based on an out-dated and mis-guided philosophy, strengthen society by encouraging more long term relationships and open our experience of that natural world to something closer to reality.

YEAH JOE!! Good post! Agree, agree, agree! Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:08 am
Honestly, I keep saying this but I truly don't understad the big brou ha ha here....why can't everyone take this posittion?

I am not a homosexual...the idea of sex with another man is repugnant to me...hterefore I don't want another man to try to have sex with me. Period. That's the end of it. Otherwise what's the problem?

Let gays do everything they want to do that breeders do, have every right and responsibility and be left alone to go about their business.

Just don't touch my ass please fellas, I ain't into it. Happy to buy you a beer though, talk politics, music, sports, whatever, help you out with some yardwork or moving a heavy couch.

See how simple that is?
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:15 am
Three words sum up this election

Fear, smears and queers. Embarrassed
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:17 am
What a great Stephen King novel "Breeders"

Vampires and Gays form an evil allianceand take over the world....as the story begins.....a handful of heterosexual humans are selectively kept in breeding facilities to perpetuate both the vampire and gay species......gays and vampires coexist peacefully...everyone has a cool fashion sense and the world is neatly decorated.....gay babies are incubated in the wombs of these women by being implanted with gay sperm and then the heterosexual babies are kept for food for the vampires.....except for one brave couple who begin the underground breeder revolution movement.......and the story takes off....

whaddaya think?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:19 am
Harper wrote:

too bad we couldn't have added pretzels and beer....
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:21 am
Why is the government involved in a religious rite anyway? That is the fundamental problem. Get rid of it, re-define marriage as civil unions between any two people who want to commit as lifetime partners. If people want to marry, let their church do it.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:22 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Harper wrote:

too bad we couldn't have added pretzels and beer....

It doesn't rhyme.

:wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:22 am
now as a technical question how will or does the law define a post op transgendered person?
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:23 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Quote:

Not doubting you at all, but does someone have a backup for this? I would like to read it, one of the main arguements I hear is that humans are the only animal that have homosexual tendencies.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:28 am
The religious folks are only trying to save all the sinners from ending up in hell.evil: Morals, morals IMO they should stick their morals where the sun don't shine.
Throughout history religion has been the catalyst for divisiveness with their holier than thou attitude. The American Taliban [Evangelists] is as much a danger to this nation as fundamental Islam is.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:39 am
au1929 wrote:
The religious folks are only trying to save all the sinners from ending up in hell.evil: Morals, morals IMO they should stick their morals where the sun don't shine.
Throughout history religion has been the catalyst for divisiveness with their holier than thou attitude. The American Taliban [Evangelists] is as much a danger to this nation as fundamental Islam is.

That's a load of bull.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:45 am
McG
Thank you for your intellectually cogent comment. It is up to your usual high standards. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:55 am
McGentrix wrote:
au1929 wrote:

That's a load of bull.

You know McGentrix I spent some time in the corner for this kind of posting....perhaps you need a time out.....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:56 am
I gave your statement the most appropriate answer.

Peoples fear of other peoples religion is ridiculous. What's the worse thing that could possibly happen? What is it about people of faith that have the liberals in such an uproar? Is it the insecurity in knowing others have a belief system?

We live in a free country, which means people are free to practice their religion as they see fit. 70% of this country are practicing Christians and no matter what us non-christians believe or don't believe we must live with that.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:58 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
now as a technical question how will or does the law define a post op transgendered person?

Depends, of course, on the state, most states will change gender status after proof of Genital Re-assigment Surgery. However, some states will change gender status before GRS, generally, needing a statement from a doctor that the TG person is living in the role of the new gender. I just changed ny name, went to the Driver's License Office to get the DL changed, the clerk a real nice woman, is inputting the new data, she says OK but I have to leave the gender data the same, have you had GRS, I lied and said yes, she said well, I need a letter as proof, I said jokingly, well, what if I just showed it to you! She cracked up.

Anyway, I am going to wait a few months and then try to get the gender marker changed. Now, since I am inclined toward women, if I met a woman that I wanted to marry, I could stay male as far as my records go and legally marry her. But I doubt whether any transsexuals would ever actually do that as the overriding concern for us is to be fully accpeted in our true gender.

Anyone who is curious about this issue or wants to learn more should read "True Selves" My therapist Gianna E. Israel has written an excelent book as well " Transgender Care."
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:58 am
So then by your statement you agree that heterosexuals must live with homosexuals, correct? And if we are free to practice our own religion, then we must all be free to practice our own sexuality. And our own life style. So, what's with the ban?
0 Replies