"Anonymous" hacker group takes on Westboro Baptist Church

contrex

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:21 pm
Even before the bodies of the victims of the Connecticut school shooter were removed from the scene of the shooting, the WBC announced its intention to protest the funerals of those slain. In her twitter feed, a WBC spokesperson, Shirley Phelps-Roper, blamed the shooting on Connecticut's decision to legalize gay marriage, and said the group would be at the funerals. Following this, the hacker group Anonymous has announced its intention to "shut down" the WBC, and has started by posting personal details of many WBC members on a public web site, Pastebin.

Addressing the WBC, Anonymous said "We recognize you as serious opponents, and do not expect our campaign to terminate in a short period of time. Attrition is our weapon, and we will waste no time, money, effort, and enjoyment, in tearing your resolve into pieces, as with exposing the incongruity of your distorted faith."

The upload to Pastebin shows names, addresses, birth dates, emails, and phone numbers for many of the WBC members, along with domain details for the many sites it owns, including godhatesfags.com, beastobama.com, and godhatesthemedia.com. Anonymous claims this is just the start.

The group also publicized an online petition to the US government calling for the WBC to be officially designated a hate group. So far it has acquired over 100,000 signatures, well over the threshold required for official comment.

If you want to know my opinion of what Anonymous is doing, it's "Way to go, guys!"

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:56 pm
@contrex,
I hope they are successful in completely razing this monstrous group of hatemongers to the ground. To obliterate every trace of these lunatics from the country and the internet.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
My best theory about Fred is that he is a closet homosexual that is taking out his pain on the world.

I am tickled pink that anonymous has risen to the challenge.

Fred is the worst thing about being from Kansas by a wide margin.

sick twisted meanspirited little troll of a man...
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 03:07 pm
@contrex,
In general I'm a big believer in free speech, but it's very hard not to hate the Westboro Baptist Church, they behave like such scum.

I guess if their behavior has earned them the (unwanted) attention of a Hacker Group, then they brought it on themselves. And if they don't have any friends in the world who are willing to stand up for them, then I guess they brought that on themselves too.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 03:30 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
If you want to know my opinion of what Anonymous is doing, it's "Way to go, guys!"

Double "amen" to that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 03:32 pm
@rosborne979,
May they fall like piggies before the wrath of Angry Birds.
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 04:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Looks like it will become "Dueling Free Speech". Lets see whose 1st Amendment rights win out.

rosborne979

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 08:55 pm
@farmerman,
Free speech may give them the right to say something, but it won't win them any friends. And it's often very beneficial to have friends.

If it comes down to a balanced battle of equal Free Speech rights on both sides, then the side that stands alone with enemies at all sides is more likely to lose in the long run.
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 06:01 am
@rosborne979,
What point I was making was that its WBC's "Free Speech" stance that will be so opposed by the "Anonymous's" "Free Speech" . Usually people and bystanders dont get involved unless it gets terribly emotional and then your point about "Whose friends are more influential" will pertain.

Can WBC's idiotic interpretation of SCripture be soundly defeated by mere counter-demonstration. Tune in tomorrow.
djjd62

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 06:31 am
@tsarstepan,
but the children sing like angels

fallen angels Twisted Evil
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 06:38 am
@farmerman,
I know. I wasn't really replying to your comment specifically, it's just that there's no more "Reply All" button ... Smile
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 06:40 am
@rosborne979,
what??? Holy ****, who took my reply all?? Are they dsimantling the old place?
rosborne979

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 06:42 am
@farmerman,
People have been complaining about the missing "Reply All" button on another thread. http://able2know.org/topic/203844-1

farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 06:48 am
@rosborne979,
I thought that that thread was another "Word Game" so I avoided it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 08:48 pm
The reply all button comes at the end of the page. If you want to respond to something in the middle of a page you have to scroll to the bottom. At least that's where it is on my account.

I don't get email reminders at all. The only way I know someone has posted is by checking the site. Anybody have any suggestions?

Oh, let me exercise my 1st amendment right by saying WBC members will be sorry when they meet their maker. She is really going to be pissed.
roger

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 10:12 pm
@glitterbag,
Ah, but the 'reply all' button was missing at the same time glitterbag was missing.

You have just been dated
glitterbag

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 11:39 am
@roger,
And you didn't even give me a kiss. Tsk tsk tsk
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 12:07 pm
@glitterbag,
You might check out tagging. If you are in few threads and give them tags, then you can go to My Tags and see the threads you've tagged.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 01:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks ol buddy
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 01:41 pm
@glitterbag,
Just got back from the shoppe..
anyway, if you tag a thread with something that gives a clue to the thread but is not the most usual choice, for example, re this one, "hacker takes church", maybe you'll be the only one who tagged it that and you won't get a long list of threads about hacking to choose from when you click on My Tags. It might not show up on the list of five of the more usual choices, but it'll show up in your My Tags page.
0 Replies