An "Ask Auntie Lowan" Digression.

BillW

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:25 pm
We got a good soaker here too. Not as good as yours though. Sounds like yours was good enough that since Oz is exactly half way around the world, it could soak through and come out there. Then end up as a falling up rain. Hmmmmmm, little bunny - is that possible?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:32 pm
Here Deb, have carrot.

http://www.penisowner.com/poc/pics/carrot.jpg

Okay, make that a CIGARETTE!

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pc/cigarette2.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 11:15 pm
BillW wrote:
We got a good soaker here too. Not as good as yours though. Sounds like yours was good enough that since Oz is exactly half way around the world, it could soak through and come out there. Then end up as a falling up rain. Hmmmmmm, little bunny - is that possible?

Unfortunately not.

When will people learn that gravity pulls things towards the CENTRE of a mass?

BillW wrote:
Here Deb, have carrot.

http://www.penisowner.com/poc/pics/carrot.jpg

Okay, make that a CIGARETTE!

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pc/cigarette2.jpg

Thank you, no.

It all looks a little...well...excessive...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:40 am
Quote:
"Jesus turned the other cheek so I wouldn't have to... This is why we can be PROUD of the gospel of Christ."....Rex Red

Golly, did he say that? Impressive grasp of the core christian message.

How are things in sanity-land, you guys? I have to confess that this american election thing is just breaking my heart.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:29 am
blatham wrote:
Quote:
"Jesus turned the other cheek so I wouldn't have to... This is why we can be PROUD of the gospel of Christ."....Rex Red

Golly, did he say that? Impressive grasp of the core christian message.

How are things in sanity-land, you guys? I have to confess that this american election thing is just breaking my heart.

Yeppers, he did. And a lot more besides.

Sanity? Hmmm.....we're somewhat closer to it now, but by no means there.

Dunno if it happens where there are human beans.......now WABBITS , of course, are different.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 01:44 pm
Rex Reed?

http://blogs.nypost.com/movies/photos/rex.jpg
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 07:13 pm
Bill, they're referring to an A2K'er, whom I believe now graces Reverend Leroy's pulpit in the Church of What's Happenin' Now.

O lawd, religious and political disputations: those pleasures in madness only madmen can know. I suppose they provide very good crack for them as have the acquired tastes, but I find I achieve a satiety of pisanmonium from rationally discussing the simple impedimentia of my own bedchamber: hot-water bottles, bedsocks, curling papers and the other thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to.*

* NB: Only the bard could pull off a prepositional ending. Meself, I can't pull off a dangle modifier.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:28 pm
Quote:
pisanmonium

Don't you ever utter that word around here again.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:32 pm
Ms Deb, what should be done for them nasty little dangleys......how should they be modified......enquiring minds want to know!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:34 pm
BillW wrote:
Ms Deb, what should be done for them nasty little dangleys......

The pisanmoniums, the carrots, or Harry's balls?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:37 pm
or, modified - I guess every time we make a post this Font size: large text is available!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:55 pm
BillW wrote:
or, modified - I guess every time we make a post this Font size: large text is available!

Auntie Lowan is completely mystified as to your point/question, and is in some danger of becoming provoked shortly.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:59 pm
Now it is gonna get exciting. I have pulled up a chair in anticipation of the main event Razz Drunk
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 10:13 pm
BillW wrote:
Ms Deb, what should be done for them nasty little dangleys......how should they be modified......enquiring minds want to know!

NOW I get it.

I think they ought to be left alone.

As Winston Churchill allegedly said when corrected for ending a sentence with a preposition:

"This is the type of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put."
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 10:16 pm
and, it's just begun. Begin the beganner...... :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 07:17 pm
I have won an external memory device of 149 GB, and you, I assume, have not.

Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.

Its "unformatted capacity" is 160 GBs (what does that mean, and why did I lose 11 GBs in, presumably, formattiung it?)

It's a Maxtor.

Is that any good?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 06:39 am
It's OK . . . you don't "lose" 11 gigabytes in formatting the external drive. Those 11 gigs are used to create a framework into which you can put your data with a reasonable expectation of getting it back out again in a useful form.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 07:17 am
Dear Aunty Lowan,

Hamilton, Penola or here?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 07:43 am
Setanta wrote:
It's OK . . . you don't "lose" 11 gigabytes in formatting the external drive. Those 11 gigs are used to create a framework into which you can put your data with a reasonable expectation of getting it back out again in a useful form.

Sucks.

Man.....to have some MEMORY again! Wow!!!!!!!

I down-loaded Luxor 2 to celebrate!

dadpad wrote:
Dear Aunty Lowan,

Hamilton, Penola or here?

Say again?????
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 04:02 pm
Dear Auntie Lowan,

For some time, I have been contending with wildlife not only in my life but also in my house. They're basically harmless critters but they're a little disconcerting to come across while I'm minding my own business, plus they criticize my cooking in a way that I feel is unfair.

What to do?

Thanks in advance.