oh no, the cricket thing again
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 04:39 am
i thought the aussies were there to keep the great white sharks fed Razz
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 04:41 am
And consume all vegemite so that it doesnt propogate itself to the rest of the world !!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 04:42 am
You know the old joke about "Why do you pull crocodiles' tails: To give 'em a Yank!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 04:43 am
gautam, good answer!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 04:48 am
dear auntie lowan,

when i visit the land of oz, what should i see, and where should i go?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 04:51 am
Gautam

Why do you think the Aussie cricketers are so successful!? Cool Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:09 am
Dear auntie Lowan, who will be the next President of the USA in 2004? And when does the Gulf War-2 start? The last question is very significant for me: being an IDF reserve service combat medic trained to take care of the WMD casualties I am supposed to be drafted to the active reserve service several days before the beginning of the war.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:59 am
Dear Steissd,

Australia has an INS? What is it?

On the assumption that it has something to do with immigration, I would hazard that your chances are 50/50.

We like people to be healthy, have a skill, have some money and not to come in a small boat without papers.

Strangely, given our past, we prefer no criminal record too -though we are very proud if any of our ancestors were sent over as convicts - strange, isn't it?

Have you consulted the I Ching on this?

Re the beginning of the war - my sentimental favourite date was February 14th - you know, the St Valentine's Day Massacre and all that - however, if you have not already been deployed - I would assume it to be later.....hmmmmmm - I will go for the 28th of February.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:01 am
Oh - the next president - hmmmm - I am looking into the mists of the future - I see a figure .....hmmmmmm... it is a white man.....dammit, the mists of the future keep misting up my glasses.....he is American....sorry, that is the best I can do.

I never claimed to be able to see into the future -I am doing my best, dammit!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:08 am
Gautam - re the attractiveness thing. Do we, perhaps, need to look at the men you are choosing?

Do you find THEM attractive for more than one night?

Are you looking at the surface only and not caring about the depths? As it were.....ahem.

Are we sufficiently over you know who to be really ready?

Are we wearing the wrong after-shave? Are we looking too hard...ahem...?

Open your heart - but not too wide - just the right width - prepare it for a new lodger - perhaps change the sheets - some fresh flowers - have you re-painted recently? - and he will come.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:16 am
Pueo - everyone knows the meaning of life - it is 42.

People live in Australia for the reasons Margo has so kindly given you - also because we have enormous blue skies and wonderful seas - deep red deserts and glorious green mountains - and because of the human drive to explore - first the Aborigines, then seafarers of various nations, then you Americans had a tea-party and didn't invite the British so they got in a huffy and said they would not rule you and look after you any more, cos you was rude, and decided to bring their wretched refuse here - although you started taking other people's wretched refuse again a bit later, which is weird, really, but whatever - anyway, we grew, pushed the Aborigines out and started begatting - and, well, here we are.

We can't go any further cos Antarctica is too cold, and none of you lot will have us back, cos you say we have funny accents. oh - except we have colonised parts of London and Hollywood - and also Abuzz and a2k - but you folks seem to quite like us.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:19 am
Goodness, Pueo is inviting me to tell him where to go!!!

Well, frankly I think you should give Cairns the big heave-ho - you seem to have done that to death.

Now - what do you like to do? How many of you are there? How long do you have?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:29 am
just want to do sightseeing for now. three or four people, seven to ten days.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:29 am
Dear Aunti Lowan,

how many women will be in the aerial photo shoot/ photo which Grace Knight will sent to Prime Minister John Howard ?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:32 am
What aerial photo shoot?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:33 am
Pueo - that is no time at all - any kids? You want majestic landscapes or cities?
0 Replies

ul

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:35 am
"...Meanwhile a group of women in Lismore, 600 kmnorth of Sydney, announced plans to follow the example of some U.S. and British protesters and strip off for peace this weekend in a ``Disrobe to Disarm'' protest.

Protest organizer, Australian singer Grace Knight, told Australian radio that hundreds of women were expected to bare all for an aerial photo shoot, using their bodies to spell out an anti-war message. The resulting photo will be sent to Howard."
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/international/international-iraq-australia-protests.html
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:35 am
i'm saving the other 11 days for the oz a2k get together

kids-2

cities for now
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:49 am
Ul - wow!!! Thousands, I hope!! The anti-war feeling is pretty strong, as the article points out - but it will depend on how many women can get there!

Howard is a weird li'l guy - I bet he would not look anyway.
0 Replies