Has A2K swayed your vote?

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:25 am
As November 2nd nears, I'm wondering how many of you political junkies or casual observers out there have had your position regarding which Presidential candidate you will vote for (or have already voted for) swayed by any of the many political discussions and debates in this forum?

Personally, while a relative newcomer to this site, I've seen a lot of different viewpoints on many aspects of this election, both for Bush and for Kerry, many well articulated arguments on all sides of the issues, but nothing that has caused me to change my vote.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,646 • Replies: 44
No top replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:28 am
Most posters who enjoy political debate are pretty firm in their choice to start with. I've learned a lot from both sides.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:31 am
ditto...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:41 am
Agreed with panzade. I have seen a few undecideds become decided -- not sure what role A2K played (or didn't play.)
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:46 am
sozobe wrote:
I have seen a few undecideds become decided

me too.

But my view didn't change, only more information and other opinions are available .
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:05 pm
I agre with willow.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:53 pm
I agree with Thok: reading A2K has forced me to reconsider which party I will vote for in the next Austrian parliamentary election.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:13 pm
I was undecided so it definitely helped me come to a conclusion. Although I tried to keep away from the "mud slingers" and tried to concentrate only on facts that I could pull from the arguments. The debates were my final deciding factor though.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:14 pm
As well they should be.

Did I ever send you that cheesecake? :-D
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:27 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
I agree with Thok: reading A2K has forced me to reconsider which party I will vote for in the next Austrian parliamentary election.

Very Happy

I hereby open this thread up to our international friends. Feel free to respond as if you were able to vote in the US.

soz wrote:
Did I ever send you that cheesecake?

Wicked bribery!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:29 pm
:-D

It's not too late, Ticomaya -- you could still get one, too. They're extremely extra delicious, I'm telling you...
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:33 pm
The tireless campaigning still being done by the candidates and their henchmen in hopes of capturing this very desirable state have done nothing to convince me. I've already seen Ashton Kutcher...

I'm a registered Independent and I've gotten numerous recorded phone messages from celebrities recently. Who gave them my home phone number? Thank God they don't have my mobile number.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:34 pm
Soz, I'm buying votes also. I feel like such a slut.

[Oh. That's illegal?]
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 02:33 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Soz, I'm buying votes also. I feel like such a slut.

[Oh. That's illegal?]

<sighs>

Theres times when one just gotta regret not living in America. Aint that the truth.

When do we Europeans ever get to be bribed, huh?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 02:46 pm
My vote was never swayed by a2k. I had my mind made up four years ago to vote against Bush in the next presidential election.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:24 pm
Certainly didn't change my opinion, the incumbent's actions early in his presidency decided that for me.

Never the less I appreciate the chance to hear both sides views and am pleasantly surprised that the loony left and right are in the minority on A2K.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:33 pm
Vote remains unchanged, but now I have more doubts to live with. Thanks ever so much, guys.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:35 pm
I noticed that Roger...I never would have thought, after meeting you, that you would vote for Bush.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:37 pm
Quote:
nimh wrote:
Theres times when one just gotta regret not living in America. Aint that the truth.

We could trade places. The Netherlands is one of my dream locations, at least as a temporary home.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:59 pm
Yeah, but - wait - if you're gonna be here, who's gonna buy my vote when I get there, then?

Well, I could always go for one of Soz's cheesecakes I guess ... cake is nice too.
0 Replies