Jacksonville
San Francisco
Washington
Chicago
Dallas (39)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 01:38 pm
Two hours before kick-off and I am missing Panzade.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 02:33 pm
Awwww shucks jb. ..we gotta stop meeting like this...

Just got home from the airport...my picks:

San Diego
NY Giants
Indianapolis
Baltimore
Buffalo
Carolina
Minnesota
Kansas City
Pittsburgh
New England
Tampa Bay
Houston
Jacksonville
Green Bay
Philadelphia
Dallas (44)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 04:15 pm
Good evening. We managed to get a full house of the twelve apostles again this week. Thanks!
Re the Deviant of the Week, most of us were pretty mainstream. On the higher end were Lion and El-diablo at 18 and Child at 20.
And then, with a rating of 30, was Panzade, defying the consensus of most of the rest of us by choosing Green Bay, Philly and Houston et al.
Up in fame or down in flames?
I may catch yall after the the Giants-Oakland game. There is a party tonight on the A2K thread. But my bedtime is around 10, so I may not make it until midnight, in which case I will see yall tomorrow.
May everyone have a safe transition from 2005 to 2006.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 04:21 pm
happy new year all...gotta get ready for the gig.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:24 pm
Hope you all have a great New Year. I'm off to take over the local radio station, where I play seven hours of commercial-free 50's and 60's rock and roll. This is (I think) my twentieth consecutive year of such an activity. Have fun, everybody!
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 11:39 am
Hello all!!! Happy New Year!! Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful new year. We sat on the couch-loved it!

Just wondering what you all thought of the rose bowl coming up...do you all think texas has a chance of winning. I am ever hopeful and actually do think we could win it (GO HORNS-and Vince Young is returning next year I heard!) What do you all think? is USC that unbeatable??? i would love to hear thoughts...

Thanks and here wishing everyone a prosperous new year.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 11:51 am
I think Texas has a damn fine chance of beating the Trojans, but it pains my heart to say so.
We North Carolina fans are not likely to send any Christmas cards in Mack Brown's direction anytime soon.

(In fact, we have an amusing little saying around these parts..."F*ck Mack Brown, and Rick Barnes too.")
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 11:58 am
i hear ya lion tamer...

mack brown wasn't on any texans hit parade list until he won the rose bowl last year...but still 4 or 5 straight losses to OU sooners drives texas fans crazy...there used to be a site title fire mack brown... not sure if it is still up or not-if we win wed, i am sure it will come down...i might have a heart attack however...

i totally forgot we took both coaches...sorry bout that...well it should have done your heart well to watch barnes' team look like a bunch of 5th grade girls playing duke a few weeks ago...
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 12:09 pm
Dragon,
Rick Barnes came fom Clemson, and had a nasty habit of dissing Dean Smith.

I have a lot of respect for Mack as a coach...Just not as a man.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 12:26 pm
I think USC is a more rounded team in offense vs defense, rushing vs passing, etc... and USC does have more talent (although Texas fans hate to admit this). This does not mean Texas WONT win but it certainly means USC has a better chance of winning.

Final Score from me:
USC-38 Texas-27
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 12:52 pm
Will the weather forecast for Pasadena have any effect? Rain, rain and more rain. Texas 24-17.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 01:12 pm
This game is the NCAA equivilent to Bucs vs. Raiders in 2002. Meaning that all predictions are really possible, because I can honestly see the game going both ways.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 01:27 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
This game is the NCAA equivilent to Bucs vs. Raiders in 2002. Meaning that all predictions are really possible, because I can honestly see the game going both ways.

You should apply for a job as a government spokesperson.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 04:01 pm
Eleven games down, through the 4 pm or so slot. Fbaezer and El-diablo appear to be at 8-3. Nipping at their heels, as it were, are Dragon, Johnboy and Panzade (thanks to Green Bay, Well done, dude).
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 04:46 pm
Miami miraculously ends season with a winning record. 6 weeks ago they were 3-7 and now they end it 9-7. It's looking good for next year; I mean both Ricky, Ronnie, and Gus all looked good today and the past few weeks.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 05:31 pm
And, oh yes, El-diablo gets a special nod for being the only player to pick Miami over New England, Well done.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 06:52 pm
After an incredibly crappy start to the week, it finished pretty well for me. I'm not absolutely certain, but I think it was enough to hold off liontamer and johnboy for the overall margin. Great year from all of you, though - my congrats!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 07:07 pm
Oh my! If I wasn't such a liberal, I would say ban him, ban him from taking over winning this game. It's (um) un-American to have a foreigner beat us at anything.
For the second week in a row, Fbaezer, who claims to live in Mexico, kicks butt. With one meaningless game remaining, he is at 12-3.
At 10-5 are Dragon, Johnboy and El-diablo.
Well done, Fbaezer.
0 Replies