The A2K football pool

George

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:17 am
OK, now I get it.

I've got the Seattle 1/Pittsburgh 8 and Seattle 5/Pittsburgh 2 boxes in our office SB grid.

Lousy numbers, but ya never know.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:22 pm
20 hours until kickoff. I was allowed to bring the trophy inside tonight from the garage and put it next to the tv. I wiped it down with Endust, and it looks great! (I was going to sleep with it in my bed, but the comment was made that what if I died in my sleep: the headline in the paper might read "Man dies in bed with Golden Jockstrap.") Tomorrow night, about this time, we will know whether it goes to Kicky or JPinmilw or stays with Johnboy.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:31 pm
I just realized what you were trying to do earlier by asking me if I wanted to adjust my total score prediction. You were actually trying to make it a no-tie situation, and I was stupidly thinking you were offering me some deal. I'm losing it, I tell ya.

Okay, so assuming you don't want to change your prediction, I can live with the possibility of a tie if you can, because I still don't want to change my total score. I'm too superstitious. So if it's a tie, it's a tie. Sound good?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:23 am
Kicky, the odds of Pittsburgh winning with a total score of 53 is indeed remote. But if it did happen you and I would tie. That would be a bit of a bummer. So I am adjusting my pick of 58 total points to 59 so as to preclude the possibility of a tie. When the Steelers win we will look at the total number of points. 53 or less sends the trophy to NYC. 54 or more results in it staying in VA. And, of course, if Seattle were to win (fat chance) JPinmilw gets it. Good luck to both of you!
Kick-off seems to be slated for 6:30 ET so, with all of the commercials and the half-time show, we are probably looking at an 11 pm conclusion. Well past my bedtime, but I will try to stay awake.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:25 am
good luck you guys...thanks for a fun year
0 Replies

shari6905

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:25 am
Too bad the Steelers arent gonna win.....
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:48 am
Who the hell is Shari6905 and where has she been all season!?
Welcome to this thread, Shari. Please mark this so you can join us on a regular basis later in the year for season III. -johnboy-
0 Replies

shari6905

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:54 am
Alright, you guys can help me w/ some fantasy football, k?
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:56 am
SUPERBOWL XL! C'MON STEELERS! GO ON DA BUS!
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:00 pm
I'm with johnboy - who are these people and where have they been all fall???????? Hope y'all are back in August! We had a really fun season.
0 Replies

shari6905

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:03 pm
I didnt even know this was here. I just stumbled upon it. Ill be back though.
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:05 pm
shari6905 wrote:
Too bad the Steelers arent gonna win.....

I think Steelers will win it, don't know why, just have a feeling that they will... somehow Confused
0 Replies

shari6905

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:07 pm
I am so sorry but I completely disagree with you and if you were here or I were there I would place a wager on that. Gotta support the home team you know. I am sure you can sympathize wuth that. One thins for sure, its gonna be a great game.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:18 pm
And a similar welcome to Music-lover. I am glad you could join us. Have some crackers and Cheez-Whiz. The Pabst Blue Ribbon is is the refrig.
I can't help you with fantasy football, Shari. No one believes me, but I don't really follow the NFL very closely. I am kind of like the vegetarian keeper of a flock of chickens (there is a much more raunchy comparison but we won't go there). There are some folks here who do engage in the fantasy football thing; I hope they can help you.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 02:30 pm
What do you mean, no one believes you, johnboy? We watched your picks all season, and, trust me, we BELIEVE!!!!
:-)
0 Replies

shari6905

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 02:35 pm
LMAF Laughing Very Happy :wink:
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:07 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
And a similar welcome to Music-lover. I am glad you could join us. Have some crackers and Cheez-Whiz. The Pabst Blue Ribbon is is the refrig.
I can't help you with fantasy football, Shari. No one believes me, but I don't really follow the NFL very closely. I am kind of like the vegetarian keeper of a flock of chickens (there is a much more raunchy comparison but we won't go there). There are some folks here who do engage in the fantasy football thing; I hope they can help you.

What's wrong with fantasy football? I did it the first time this year and I loved it!

Anon
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:15 pm
This is what will happen in the Super Bowl:

Seattle will win. They will owe this victory most to: Grant Wistrom, a great and seasoned DE who will pressure Roethlisberger when it's needed most. Lofa Tatupu, who will help stop that Steelers rushing attack. Matthew Hasselbeck, who will, more so than anyone else, LEAD his team to the Lombardi Trophy.

Pittsburgh will play well. I see this game playing out a lot like last year's game did, with The Steelers on the field with a chance to win. But sadly, to what seems like an endless amount of Steelers fans, they will lose. That's right, they will lose. People seem to think back to the 70's and just assume the Steelers will win, which obviously isn't the case. Futhermore, just because there is Jerome's heartwarming homecoming story, it doesn't mean that they are gonna win.

Seahawks 27 Steelers 23
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 04:13 pm
In honor of my sister who lives in the Seattle area, I will be rooting for the Seahawks.

And you Pittsburgh fans can keep your Cheez Whiz and Pabst Blue Ribbon, rjb. We Seattle fans will be noshing on salmon and raspberries...as usual.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 04:33 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
... Have some crackers and Cheez-Whiz. The Pabst Blue Ribbon is is the refrig.....

Buffalo wings here, plus RP assures there are some additional mystery snacks that he has obtained. He's rooting for Seattle, I'm rooting for Pitt, during halftime, we're gonna watch Puppy Bowl II on Animal Planet. It's all good.
0 Replies