how to cope with miscarriage

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 07:12 am
I and my partner are gay male couple, we are in relations for a long time already, approx. a couple of years ago we started to think about children.
We took a decision to use surrogacy service to become parents, everything was great at the beginning but on the 10th week our surrogate had a miscarriage.
It broke us totally, it is so painful when you are ready to become a father, when a baby room is ready in your house...yes, maybe it was worth to wait till the end of the term to buy all this baby stuff but we were so confident in success...
Our clinic suggest us one more program without extra payments, it is conditions of our contract...when we signed contract we knew that we will be able to have one more chance in case of miscarriage but we didn;t think that we will need this chance. And from the one hand it is good that we can try one more time and from the other hand I we are so afraid to start it again. What if we will have one more miscarriage....don't know what to do

McGentrix

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 07:13 am
@Bubble-Bl,
Try a puppy for awhile. Or adoption. Go for the sure thing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 08:39 am
@Bubble-Bl,
I would be seriously considering adoption if I were you. A child doesn't have to have your genes to be lovable and worthy of a good life.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 09:50 am
@Bubble-Bl,
The reality is that a good percentage of pregnancies end in miscarriage. It is a fact of life. Does the clinic you work with provide you (and other couples/parents) support groups/information to help you with the entire process?

How long does their offer for another try last?
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 10:58 am
It is sad with a miscarriage and it sounds like a good idea, but do try once more.
Also adoption is a very good idea.
Excuse me for saying it, but you did start too early with decorating a room for the child. So much can happen until the baby is there.
I would suggest you do put away all the things for the baby now - it also probably will help you to get over the sadness.
Put a few other things in the room in the meantime until you know what will happen. But do not make it into a childĀ“s room again until the last minute.
0 Replies