Is he just being a good friend or is there more to it?

azuri8

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 08:26 am
My ex and I recently broke up. Since then, I've started to notice that a certain person is being really nice to me. It seems like he would go out of his way to hang out with me. We're sending each other text messages every day and it's not like I'm always the one initiating it. Before that, we barely hung out with each other except at times like friends' house party or group birthday dinners. I know he works 7 days a week because of his part time job and some days he does double shifts. In the span of a week, we've seen each other 3 times. Each time he would pick me up/drop me home and insist on paying for everything. Not that I'm saying that I'm ready to get into a new relationship this soon. Do you guys think he's just being a good friend?

hightor

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 09:45 am
@azuri8,
Time will tell. As of now there is evidence for either of those roles. Why not just enjoy the friendship and attention? If there's "more to it" I'm sure you'll be the first to know.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:15 am
@azuri8,
azuri8 wrote:
Not that I'm saying that I'm ready to get into a new relationship this soon.

you need to talk to your certain person

he might be trying to be a good supportive friend. he might be trying to lay the groundwork for a future relationship.

talk to him when you next see him. let him know where you are with things

skip the texting - talk in person
0 Replies

shrah25

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 06:29 pm
@azuri8,
Hi There - in all honesty, from the way you are describing it, it sounds like he may be laying the groundwork for a future relationship.
This 'certain person' - is he a friend? A random person you just met?

If you could let me know, then that would be able to give me some context around the situation and hence, be able to give you some solid advice.

thanks
azuri8

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 07:56 pm
@shrah25,
Hi shra25, he's a friend. We didn't used to hang out or talk to each other much (just some basic conversations), only when we would decide as a group of friends to do an activity like badminton or come out for a friend's birthday.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 11:58 am
@azuri8,
I wonder why you are not picking up these "hints" yourself.

You were friends before. You are now 'available", he knows that, and he is making "moves."

Do you not recognize them?

Perhaps you need to date more and spend time with mixed groups of friends.

0 Replies

Romeron

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 02:18 am
@azuri8,
Don't change relations like replacing cloth.If you replacing one then then chance for the next replacing is more.When starting a relation you have to look on all aspects like whereabouts etc.Don't make any great relation with a stranger.Don't believe anyone by closing your eyes.
0 Replies