100 FACTS AND 1 OPINION

Baldimo

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:48 pm
knnknn wrote:
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Um .... total number of terrorist attacks in the US since 9/11 = ZERO.

Since what? Since what? Oh, since NINE-ELEVEN!

Unbelievable how Bush supporters fade 9/11 out.

And by the way. Al-Qaeda strikes every few years. They waited a few years from 1993 (1st WTC attack) to 2001.

Thus you have no argument whatsoever at hand.

There have been several arrests of Terrorist suspects as well as their supporters here in the US. I would think that if none of these people had been arrested then we would have suffered another attack.

The govt under Bush has proactive in hunting down and taking suspects into custody, then the govt ever was under Clinton. With the ham stringing of the CIA and FBI under Clinton it was no wonder we didn't know more information about terrorism inside the US prior to 9/11.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:51 pm
That wasn't my quote above, Baldimo.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:54 pm
No, but knnknn is corectly quoted. He made the mistake of substituting you for Ticomaya, not Baldimo.
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 05:05 pm
Quote:
What more do you need? You are dead set against Bush and nothing will convince you otherwise.

You refuse to give pro-Bush arguments? Is there any difference to "a lame excuse"? :-D
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 05:09 pm
knnknn wrote:
Quote:
What more do you need? You are dead set against Bush and nothing will convince you otherwise.

You refuse to give pro-Bush arguments? Is there any difference to "a lame excuse"? :-D

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=989050#989050

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 05:30 pm
Baldimo wrote:
The govt under Bush has proactive in hunting down and taking suspects into custody, then the govt ever was under Clinton.

Hunting down SUSPECTS? They are after you, too, Baldimo...

Baldimo wrote:
With the ham stringing of the CIA and FBI under Clinton

Dick Cheney voted against secret service reform.

Baldimo wrote:
it was no wonder we didn't know more information about terrorism inside the US prior to 9/11.

It was Bush who suppressed the 9/11 commission, not Clinton
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 05:32 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Of course I could go on to state that the US Military is currently engaged in daily battles with members of terrorist organizations in the countries of Iraq and Afghanistan.

What terroristic organizations? Those who fight the invading US forces?

Quote:
I also can't imagine that you have listened to Kerry try and explain that his position with regard to Iraq has been consistent

It has been consistent and you are a victim of the Republican spin that declared him a "flip-flopper". There has been not 1 single flip-flop of Kerry.

And even if there would have been an opinion change regarding Iraq (there hasn't been, but IF) then the reason was of course the deception of the Bush administration.
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 05:36 pm
Kerry will be the next president, by the way. The forces that want to keep the evil status quo have been weakened. One day your consciousness will rise and you will see that my words are correct. Cool

He will be a great president.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:08 pm
To cranial rectal inversion:

Quote:
Hunting down SUSPECTS? They are after you, too, Baldimo...

Are they really? Do you know this to be a fact? I'd be interested to know how you know this and why they are after me. I'm not out to harm the country and any one who is should be concerned, because I'm not in the least. If you are a terrorist or plan on helping terrorists then you should be scared. Do you fit any of the above criteria?

Quote:
Dick Cheney voted against secret service reform.

Which reform would this be?

Quote:
It was Bush who suppressed the 9/11 commission, not Clinton

It was Clinton that made it against the rules for the CIA and FBI to share information back and forth, which hindered the investigation of terrorism inside the US.
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 03:24 am
Quote:

Another proof that Bush supporters are less informed than Kerry supporters.
http://www.davidsirota.com/2004/08/cheney-blocked-intel-reform.html
"The nonpartisan Federation of American Scientists reports that in 1992, then-Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney refused to implement many of the key intelligence reforms that the 9/11 Commission is proposing"
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 04:28 am
knnknn wrote:
Quote:

Another proof that Bush supporters are less informed than Kerry supporters.
http://www.davidsirota.com/2004/08/cheney-blocked-intel-reform.html
"The nonpartisan Federation of American Scientists reports that in 1992, then-Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney refused to implement many of the key intelligence reforms that the 9/11 Commission is proposing"

You were quick to discredit any post or article from 1999 when I posted one; How do you propose to post an observation pertaining to 1992? You attack outdated material, but present it at the same time. One more example of the Liberal double standard.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 04:55 am
the only problem with the statement about Cheney opposing the secret service reform is...what does that have to do with anything?

The secret service is an agency of the Dept of the Treasury.Their job is to protect the money supply from counterfeiters,,and protect the President.
They are not an intelligence organization,nor are they a paramilitary group,like some of the CIA missions.

I suggest that knnknn go here...
http://www.ustreas.gov/usss/index.shtml

and actually read what the secret service does.
Click on "history" and you will see exactly what they do and when they were assigned to do it.
They are NOT an intelligence service.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:11 am
mysteryman wrote:

But they are very good at what they do (protecting the president). I have a friend who is a photographer and she was at a event where President Clinton was dedicating a library. She had a small tote bag in which she keeps her film. At one point she reached into the bag to get another role of film and the Secret Service men were all over her, out of nowhere. They were not pushy or threatening, they just pleasantly, but very insistently, asked to see what was in the bag. She had no idea there were secret service men around her.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:30 am
Well, anyway. It's Election Day. May the "better" man win...eventually, after all the legalities are settled.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 04:36 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

But they are very good at what they do (protecting the president). I have a friend who is a photographer and she was at a event where President Clinton was dedicating a library. She had a small tote bag in which she keeps her film. At one point she reached into the bag to get another role of film and the Secret Service men were all over her, out of nowhere. They were not pushy or threatening, they just pleasantly, but very insistently, asked to see what was in the bag. She had no idea there were secret service men around her.

Thats what they are paid to do.If you go to the WH,ansd stand on the sidewalk in front of the WH,at least two of the people standing there are Secret Service agents.
I have dealt with them,and you are right.They are not pushy,and they are polite,as long as you are polite and cooperate with them.
If you dont,well.....
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 04:52 pm
Instigate wrote:
You were quick to discredit any post or article from 1999 when I posted one; How do you propose to post an observation pertaining to 1992? You attack outdated material, but present it at the same time.

What the heck? YOU started the Bill Clinton nonsense.

And your comment "One more example of the Liberal double standard." proves that you are unwilling/unable to distinguish between "It's OK that Saddam is gone" and "Iraq war was a fight against the terrorism". Typical deficiency of Bush supporters. Are you a Bush supporter?
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 04:55 pm
mysteryman wrote:
the only problem with the statement about Cheney opposing the secret service reform is...what does that have to do with anything?

The secret service is an agency of the Dept of the Treasury.

Yeah, I meant INTEL reform. But I supposed that many (international) users would find the term "secret service" more understandable than "Intel"
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 05:44 pm
knnknn wrote:
Instigate wrote:
You were quick to discredit any post or article from 1999 when I posted one; How do you propose to post an observation pertaining to 1992? You attack outdated material, but present it at the same time.

What the heck? YOU started the Bill Clinton nonsense.

And your comment "One more example of the Liberal double standard." proves that you are unwilling/unable to distinguish between "It's OK that Saddam is gone" and "Iraq war was a fight against the terrorism". Typical deficiency of Bush supporters. Are you a Bush supporter?

If you will review our intitial exchange of posts on pages 4 and 5 of this thread, you will find that I neither mentioned nor alluded to Bill Clinton in anyway. I cant help but wonder where you're coming up with this stuff. Changing my avatar probably confused you. As I said, you had a heyday with an outdated text that I presented, but you do the exact same thing. You should practice what you prech.
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 05:55 pm
Instigate wrote:
you had a heyday with an outdated text that I presented, but you do the exact same thing. You should practice what you prech.

1) Your text was outdated (= old data). That Cheney voted against Intel reform can never get outdated. It stays true
2) Maybe you didn't mention Clinton but it was mentioned above. By "you" I didn't mean "Instigate"
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:05 am
The Republicans are like Walmart. I don't normally shop at Walmart but I stopped in the other day to pick up a few things. Decided to pay at the self-checkout to avoid the sad-looking cashiers. A recorded voice warned me that I needed to consult with a cashier because I was purchasing an "age-restricted item." The dangerous product I needed to be protected from was Robitussin. The Walmart employee explained that the store has a responsibility to "protect underage customers from buying something that might kill them, like aerosol Cool Whip, canned air for cleaning computer keyboards, and things that might be used to make illegal drugs."

I'm over 21. And it was PLAIN Robitussin, alcohol-free and non-drowsy.

Protect me from myself, O Republicans and Walmart! Don't let me buy the new George Carlin book "When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?"
Tell me what to believe and where to worship.
0 Replies