100 FACTS AND 1 OPINION

Synonymph

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 01:48 pm
I didn't know I wasn't allowed to say "****."
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 01:49 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:
The Iraq war was a war of choice. No one invaded the US. The WMDs were just an assumption.

How f*cking incredibly ignorant to call it defense.

North Korea HAS weapons and HAS threatened to use them. Bush ignores the situation. One hell of a leader, isn't he? If the Iraq war was choice, I guess we'll be attacking North Korea next.

Are you saying you would argue with me about whether the Iraq War was a "war of choice"?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 01:53 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Are you saying you would argue with me about whether the Iraq War was a "war of choice"?

Nah. You're entitled to your opinion. Sorry it's wrong. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 01:55 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Nah. You're entitled to your opinion. Sorry it's wrong. Twisted Evil

Thought I might catch you with that. You're too quick for me.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 01:56 pm
Have a good weekend.
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 02:00 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:
The Iraq war was a war of choice. No one invaded the US. The WMDs were just an assumption.

Maybe even an excuse, not even an assumption. Maybe the real reason was something else. But that's another topic.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 06:02 pm
I have a question.
The people that are saying that we should believe the inspectors and the IAEA need to tell me why.
The IAEA totally missed the Libyan nuke program,untill they voluntarily turned it over to us and the brits.

The Iranian nuke program is going full bore,even though the IAEA has told them to stop.
Now the world wants the US to do something about it.
Now,if the inspectors and the IAEA are so all powerful,please tell me how they are ?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 06:22 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
gunga, if your country is invaded you clearly have no choice but to go to war. If, on the other hand, you invade a country halfway across the globe, who's military and infrastructure have been weakened by years of economic sanctions, it is clearly your choice.

Whatever bad deeds and bad plans Saddam might have had, there was no 'imminent' danger to befall us if we did not invade. Further, many would speculate that we actually controlled more of the country before the invasion.

It was a bad idea, and a poorly executed one at that. There were more reasons not to go than there were to go. People believe what they want to believe about whether it makes us safer -- that's hard to ascertain, but there's no denying that it was a war of choice.

And I agree with p, on the value of your big chicken and references to France.

The only reason the infrastructure was weakened was because Saddam and the UN were scamming money from the oil for food program. Sure Saddam "didn't" have any weapons but his people had no food or medicine. If the UN had been doing their job, Iraq wouldn't have been in the shape they were in. $10 billion that should have been used to provide for the Iraq people is instead put into Saddam's pocket is a shame and the UN, France, Germany and Russia will all be knocked down a notch because of it. The suffering of the Iraqi people for 10 years should bring shame to everyone involved in the scandal.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 07:13 pm
knnknn wrote:
There are basically 2 reasons why people vote for Bush:

1) They are Christians and are against gay marriage (or some equally non-important religious reason)

2) They have no clue. A new study proves that Bush supporters have much less clue about the truth than Democrats:
Quote:
A new study by the Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) shows that supporters of President Bush hold wildly inaccurate views about the world. For example, "a large majority [72%] of Bush supporters believe that before the war Iraq had weapons of mass destruction." Most Bush supporters [57%] also believe that the recently released report by Charles Duelfer, the administration's hand-picked weapons inspector, concluded Iraq either had WMD or a major program for developing them. In fact, the report concluded "Saddam Hussein did not produce or possess any weapons of mass destruction for more than a decade before the U.S.-led invasion" and the U.N. inspection regime had "curbed his ability to build or develop weapons."

According to the study, 75% Bush supporters also believe "Iraq was providing substantial support to al Qaeda." Most Bush supporters [55%] believe that was the conclusion of the 9/11 commission. In fact, the 9/11 commission concluded there was no "collaborative relationship" between al-Qaeda and Iraq.

Bush supporters also hold inaccurate views about world public opinion of the war in Iraq and a range of Bush's foreign policy positions.

Here is the poll: http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Pres_Election_04/Report10_21_04.pdf

Here is some info about it: http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/Read.asp?fn=df10222004.html

Thank you for posting the .pdf link. This is a revolving conundrum. It also explains why some Bush supporters refuse to read past the first statement on this:
http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20041108&s=facts

I'll be back tomorrow. If anyone has the time, please read the above link (100 Facts). Thanks.

...And there's always this:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041027/ap_on_el_pr/redskins___politics
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:44 am
I'd love to hear Bush supporters explain their rationale that Bush is doing a good job of protecting us from terrorism. Anyone?

The Bushies' campaign pitch follows their usual backward logic: Because we have failed to make you safe, you should re-elect us to make you safer. Because we haven't caught Osama in three years, you need us to catch Osama in the next four years. Because we didn't bother to secure explosives in Iraq, you can count on us to make sure those explosives aren't used against you.

The above is an excerpt from this: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/31/opinion/31dowd.html?hp
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:52 am
Cinnesthesia wrote:
I'd love to hear Bush supporters explain their rationale that Bush is doing a good job of protecting us from terrorism. Anyone?

The Bushies' campaign pitch follows their usual backward logic: Because we have failed to make you safe, you should re-elect us to make you safer. Because we haven't caught Osama in three years, you need us to catch Osama in the next four years. Because we didn't bother to secure explosives in Iraq, you can count on us to make sure those explosives aren't used against you.

The above is an excerpt from this: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/31/opinion/31dowd.html?hp

Um .... total number of terrorist attacks in the US since 9/11 = ZERO.

Let me know if you need anything more.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:52 am
LOL...there's a sucker born every minute...trite but true.
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:28 am
Quote:
The Bushies' campaign pitch follows their usual backward logic: Because we have failed to make you safe, you should re-elect us to make you safer

Actually Bush's whole plans for his second term are "What I should have done, but didn't, coz I was reading goat stories or paralized by a bretzel".
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:01 pm
Quote:
Ticomaya wrote:

I need something more. You're saying that because nothing was attempted, no attack took place, and Bush gets the credit? That's less than default.
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:20 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:

Since what? Since what? Oh, since NINE-ELEVEN!

Unbelievable how Bush supporters fade 9/11 out.

And by the way. Al-Qaeda strikes every few years. They waited a few years from 1993 (1st WTC attack) to 2001.

Thus you have no argument whatsoever at hand.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:01 pm
I'd post this in "So......what are you wearing...?" but it's a little tasteless...

http://www.thestranger.com/2004-10-28/special.html
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:19 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Quote:
Ticomaya wrote:

I need something more. You're saying that because nothing was attempted, no attack took place, and Bush gets the credit? That's less than default.

What more do you need? You are dead set against Bush and nothing will convince you otherwise. But just to remind you, you said:

Quote:

And I responded with a pretty decent rationale, if I do say so myself.

Of course I could go on to state that the US Military is currently engaged in daily battles with members of terrorist organizations in the countries of Iraq and Afghanistan. The fact that the fight is taking place "over there" should help you sleep at night. I can't imagine that if we were sitting back waiting for the next attack, you would feel safer.

I also can't imagine that you have listened to Kerry try and explain that his position with regard to Iraq has been consistent, or that he will a better, stronger, faster President, and will track down and kill OBL/UBL, and do a better job in the war on terrorism than Bush, and actually have any faith that his words in that regard are anything more than desperate campaign rhetoric. Kerry has proven he will do and say anything to get elected. He talks tough on terrorism, and if he's elected, I hope to God he acts tough.

But Kerry has done NOTHING in his political career that warrants any such confidence.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:44 pm
Tico-mayo-san, I'm not going to try to convince you of anything.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:20 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Tico-mayo-san, I'm not going to try to convince you of anything.

That's fine, Cinnesthesia, I didn't ask you to try.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:34 pm
You're so literal. Was that an eggshell underfoot?
0 Replies