100 FACTS AND 1 OPINION

knnknn

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:55 pm
Quote:
knnknn you know you got them stumped when they pick on your avatar ..lol....

Everyone sees in it what they want to see :-)
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:00 pm
I have said nothing of 9/11. It hadnt even crossed my mind until you interjected it. I do not believe Saddam had any direct hand in 9/11.

I do believe that SH was pursuing weaponry. His psychological profile supports this. If the Middle Eastearn nations begin to acquire these weapons, we may all be in for a major shitstorm. Iran is probably next on the hit list. The tribal, religious, and nationalistic feuding that is characteristic of the ME is a major concern. These people have repeatedely shown that they have no qualms about killing their own people. The U.S. attempt to instill democracy in the Middle East is neccessary
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:10 pm
willow_tl wrote:
nah knnknn you know you got them stumped when they pick on your avatar ..lol....

I said nothing of his avatar, I merely used it to "pick" on knnknn. Couldnt resist. Very Happy
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 12:03 am
Instigate wrote:
I have said nothing of 9/11. It hadnt even crossed my mind until you interjected it. I do not believe Saddam had any direct hand in 9/11.

You mean you didn't read what this hole thread is about?

Quote:
Iran is probably next on the hit list.

Go, Bush, go! Now the military is overstretched. Now! After having attacked the 2 of the weakest countries in the world.

If Bush is re-elected then better prepare for a draft and some "atomic causalities"

Quote:
These people have repeatedely shown that they have no qualms about killing their own people.

And since US is the only country in the world that supports Israel, the US plays a major role in depraving these folks.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 03:56 am
knnknn wrote:

And since US is the only country in the world that supports Israel....

The path of righteousness is narrower than the a$$#o!es' path. That's nothing new.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:22 am
Re: 100 FACTS AND 1 OPINION
QUOTE:
gungasnake wrote:
Basically, when somebody claims to have 100 non-arguable claims and the first one turns out to be flagrant BS, I stop reading and don't bother to read the other 99. The claim that Iraq was a "war of choice" is BS. The item I posted a week or two back is a better description of what took place:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36704

The war on Iraq IS a war of choice. And why did it happen? Bush has alternately stated it was because Saddam's [nonexistent] WMDs were a danger to the United States, OR Saddam was affiliated with Osama, OR because we needed to impose liberty upon the Iraqi citizenry.

The war on Iraq was more about vindicating George's daddy who failed to take out Saddam last time, AND because Junior is a sick tyrant who believes God is telling him what to do politically.

Isolationism is looking better every day.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:34 am
Cinnesthesia wrote:
The war on Iraq was more about vindicating George's daddy who failed to take out Saddam last time, AND because Junior is a sick tyrant who believes God is telling him what to do politically.

Now, is that a "fact" or an "opinion"?

It IS a "fact" that Bush 41 did not take out Saddam last time. Didn't even try. Didn't overstep the boundaries of the UN Resolution authorizing the action. Only kicked Saddam out of Kuwait. Did not try to advance to Baghdad. Easily could have.

What "vindication" do you think is necessary? Are you saying the efforts since 1991 to contain Saddam were utter failures, that he thumbed his nose at the no-fly zones constantly, that his constant lack of cooperation with UN weapons inspectors was a problem, and we needed to go to Iraq in 2003 to solve this problem ...... and "vindicate" Bush 41? Makes no sense.

I was arguing one time with a liberal on another BB who was vigorously anti-war, anti-Bush. Now, bear in mind he was against the Iraq Invasion. He had the calzones to blame Bush 41 for the thousands upon thousands of killings Saddam's regime was responsible for that we recently discovered in the Iraq killing fields - the mass burial pits. He said the blood of those victims was on Bush 41 for not going in and taking out Saddam in 1991. He failed to see the utter hypocracy of his argument, and certainly refused to admit that his position was yet another reason the US should have invaded Iraq sooner than it did.

As you can see, I don't track with your "vindication" statement. Care to add to it?
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:43 am
All that is required for Bush to consider vindicating his father a reason to go to Iraq, is that Bush thinks there were vindicating to do. It is not required for the person suggesting that vindicating his father was one of Bush's motives to agree that there was something to vindicate.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:48 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Cinnesthesia wrote:

Now, is that a "fact" or an "opinion"?

Obviously a little of both.

Ticomaya wrote:

As you can see, I don't track with your "vindication" statement. Care to add to it?

I don't disagree with everything you've said, and I don't have time to try to convince you to change your beliefs.

Have you read "Bush on the Couch" by Justin Frank? It gives some astounding insight into the upbringing and the mindset of the current president.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:50 am
Einherjar wrote:
All that is required for Bush to consider vindicating his father a reason to go to Iraq, is that Bush thinks there were vindicating to do. It is not required for the person suggesting that vindicating his father was one of Bush's motives to agree that there was something to vindicate.

Shocked

Hmmmm........okay .... whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Are you reading Bush's mind again? :
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:53 am
Come on, that makes complete sense.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:54 am
The fact that Dubya tried to vindicate his father who needed no vindication(Poppy's wise deference on invading Iraq has been posted elsewhere) would show an unwise president. Isn't that the subject at hand?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:57 am
panzade wrote:
The fact that Dubya tried to vindicate his father who needed no vindication(Poppy's wise deference on invading Iraq has been posted elsewhere) would show an unwise president. Isn't that the subject at hand?

Well sure, and I understand that's the motivation behind the left's speculation on the subject.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:59 am
Einherjar wrote:
Come on, that makes complete sense.

Well, actually, not to me. I'm sure it makes sense to others reading this thread though! Laughing
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 09:07 am
I don't consider myself part of "the left." I normally avoid politics as it is just so much bullshit, but this president is a danger to the United States and to the world. It's just SAD that some people continue to blindly support him because of party affiliation or the "might is right" stance. A country can be strong without being superfluously aggressive.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 09:18 am
Cinnesthesia wrote:
I don't consider myself part of "the left." I normally avoid politics as it is just so much bullshit, but this president is a danger to the United States and to the world. It's just SAD that some people continue to blindly support him because of party affiliation or the "might is right" stance. A country can be strong without being superfluously aggressive.

Don't ruffle your feathers at the speculation that you might be part of the "left," and then accuse me of supporting Bush merely due to party affiliation.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 09:24 am
Ticomaya, I wasn't speaking directly to you, and my feathers aren't ruffled, I was just clarifying my opinions. And I wasn't "accusing" you; please don't take it personally. I only want to see George Bush taken out of office, for the good of all of us.

Does anyone REALLY believe Bush is protecting us from "the evildoers"? Did he do a good job preventing 9-11?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 09:48 am
Re: 100 FACTS AND 1 OPINION
Cinnesthesia wrote:

The war on Iraq IS a war of choice. And why did it happen? Bush has alternately stated it was because Saddam's [nonexistent] WMDs were a danger to the United States, OR Saddam was affiliated with Osama, OR because we needed to impose liberty upon the Iraqi citizenry. ...

The French, who would elect Kerry in a heartbeat, clearly viewed WW-II as a war of choice and choose to put up a bit of a struggle for a few days and then throw in the towel while England and Russia hung on by the skin of their teeth for three or four years until they could turn the tide with American assistance. That's about the only way I could see viewing Iraq as a "war of choice" given the history of the thing including the 99.9% likelihood of Iraq being involved in 9/11 and the anthrax attacks which followed it.

http://www.alleyartists.us/chickenyellow_med.jpg

Buçk, buçk, buçk-awwwwwwwwwwwww.......
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 09:49 am
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Ticomaya, I wasn't speaking directly to you, and my feathers aren't ruffled, I was just clarifying my opinions. And I wasn't "accusing" you; please don't take it personally. I only want to see George Bush taken out of office, for the good of all of us.

Does anyone REALLY believe Bush is protecting us from "the evildoers"? Did he do a good job preventing 9-11?

Fair enough. I didn't take it personally, but thanks for the clarification.

In response to your first question ... Yes.

In response to your second question ... I must respond with a question of my own: Do you think Bush should be voted out of office because the US was attacked on 9/11? (Related: Should Clinton have been voted out in 1996 because the WTC was bombed in 1993? And what blame does Clinton bear because he allowed the strike on the Khobar Towers in Saudia Arabia in 1996? Or because our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed in 1998? Or because the USS Cole was attacked in 2000?)

Everyone should be able to admit that mistakes were made pre-9/11. The question should be what should be the approach of the US in combating terrorism as we go forward. I do not believe the answer to that question is "we do what we were doing before: treat terrorism as a criminal act." That APPEARS* to be what Kerry will do. Under that approach, we stop at the border of every country that wants to support and harbor terrorists bent on attacking the US. Would you really feel safer under that scenario, where we sit back and wait to be attacked here at home, then respond by trying to find the attackers to arrest them? Or hope we are given permission by the UN to act to defend our country? We showed that weak response through the '90s, and I'm convinced the effect of Clinton's responses to the many acts of terrorism on US soil, combined with his weak response to the Mogadishu fiasco, only emboldened the terrorists who seek to destroy the US.

(*This, of course, is a moving target. Rolling Eyes )

Now, under the Bush Doctrine, the terrorists understand we will seek them out, we will hunt them down to the holes they are hiding in. We have put every country in the world on notice that you better not harbor terrorists, and we have demonstrated a willingness to take action to protect the US interests.

You may feel safer giving the terrorists the freedom to operate at will in the world, and only respond to individual acts of terrorism, but I, for one, am comforted by the fact that the war on terrorism is taking place on the battlefields in Iraq, and not the streets of New York.

Quote:

Bush Failed to Stop al Qaeda During Clinton Years

(2004-04-11) -- A presidential briefing, dated August 6, 2001, and released by the White House yesterday, shows that in 1998 George W. Bush did nothing to respond to the threat of terror attacks from Usama bin Laden's al Qaeda network.

In fact, when correlated with last week's testimony before the 9/11 Commission by National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, it seems clear that the Bush administration had virtually no plan to act on top-secret intelligence gathered during the Clinton administration until after George W. Bush took office in 2001.

"The August 6 PDB (President's Daily Brief) clearly shows that the White House knew of potential al Qaeda threats within the United States in 1998," said an unnamed source from an unnamed, non-partisan Washington think tank, "and yet Texas Governor George W. Bush didn't do anything about these threats until after he became president."

A former senior official in the Clinton administration, who requested anonymity, said that former President Bill Clinton was "aghast at the lethargic response of Governor Bush to the clear and present danger al Qaeda posed to our homeland in the 1990s."
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 09:53 am
Gunga, one of your most distasteful posts of which there are a number. Your rambling through current history and allusions to Kerry and France don't impress me.
As for equating Iraq with France's capitulation in WWII...pass the joint.
0 Replies