Whaddayasay, gun nuts?

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 09:53 am
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17021942_419568518390372_4585394148986589100_n.png?oh=7678dfe1bbe0ba6f0aeb196be561ce71&oe=59679AA7
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 20 • Views: 11,166 • Replies: 133
Topic Closed

edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 09:57 am
Immediately voted to zero. Smile
saab

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:00 am
I am for equality - women have to do the same when buying a gun.
Gyus have come along when their partner wants an abortion. They have to learn what it means for a woman and what she has to go thru in case she wants an abortion.
edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:02 am
@saab,
Not all women have a partner. Some are victims of rape and other abuse. They are treated like animals for wanting to do something personal and private. Gun buyers waltz in, get a gun, start shooting.
saab

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:50 am
@edgarblythe,
I know that some women haveno partner - they just leave the women and she has to go thru the whole procedure all by herself.
I still think that women should not be able to buy a gun just like that, because then women would buy guns for men and your good idea would not work out at all.
edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:52 am
@saab,
You're such a kidder.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 11:29 am
Sounds to me like a state law and that is fine with me. Don't like it, move or get over it.
edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 01:50 pm
@McGentrix,
The nuts would love us sane ones to get out and let them have free reign. I urge all liberals to stay put and fight idiocy.
Krumple

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 02:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The nuts would love us sane ones to get out and let them have free reign. I urge all liberals to stay put and fight idiocy.

I'm personally anti abortion but I believe no one should force or prevent you from making that choice for yourself. So I'm prochoice but also anti-abortion.

I hate guns, their nature is to destroy what ever they are used on. Some times that happens to be other humans. However I believe people should have the ability to be able to defend themselves or property.

Unfortunately there will always be nut cases that will harm other people regardless if you ban all guns. They will always find a way to cause harm because they are nut cases. Its just human statistics of mental health.

I think a lot of crime would drop if they were to legalize all drugs.
edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 03:27 pm
People see everything in extremes. Simple sane gun control is not depriving gun rights. Allowing safe abortion is not pushing it on everyone.
Krumple

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 03:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

People see everything in extremes. Simple sane gun control is not depriving gun rights. Allowing safe abortion is not pushing it on everyone.

The problem with gun control is the criteria for ownership. But at the same time what does it really solve? Some of the school shootings that happened were by guns that were either purchased by someone else or stolen. What does purchasing criteria prevent if a gun can be stolen or purchased via another person?

Gun control is a delusional idea that it in someway solves a problem, it solves nothing.

So what happens us the government keeps chipping a way at the right. This is why it's objected to start with. When people, mostly gun fear liberals keep seeing the problems aren't going a way, the law makers respond and continue chipping a way.

What did five, ten, fifteen day wait periods do?
What did 15 round magazine bands do?
What did full auto ban do?
What does age restriction do?

Its an illusion if you think the amount of control already in place has solved. Why would you assume more control will do anything to solve these problems.

The way I see it. These issues have absolutely nothing to do with guns and a 100% to do with mental health issues gone ignored. This is the real cause.
ossobucotemp

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 03:55 pm
@Krumple,
We may have some items in common.

Check:
I'm personally anti abortion but I believe no one should force or prevent you from making that choice for yourself. So I'm prochoice but also anti-abortion.

Agree re:
I hate guns, their nature is to destroy what ever they are used on. Some times that happens to be other humans. However I believe people should have the ability to be able to defend themselves or property.

My father was head of photo for the Bikini tests. I am joy of gun resistant, and yes, I've lived in iffy parts of town.
My husband's family was home-invaded when he and brother were teens, and their shotgun wasn't reachable. The crippled mother ran out the door and yelled and the invaders scattered.

He brought it to our place. I understood his feelings, all the connections.
izzythepush

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 04:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
I get that. It's the time I post. In the morning when we Euros are awake and most normal Americans are asleep, there's a bunch of sad individuals who stay up all night. We know who they are. If it happens again pm me and I'll vote you up.

I had a thread on Russia's involvement in Montenegro voted down, now it's up and running again. They don't like anything that challenges their very narrow World view.
Krumple

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 05:01 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I get that. It's the time I post. In the morning when we Euros are awake and most normal Americans are asleep, there's a bunch of sad individuals who stay up all night. We know who they are. If it happens again pm me and I'll vote you up.

I had a thread on Russia's involvement in Montenegro voted down, now it's up and running again. They don't like anything that challenges their very narrow World view.

I get voted down a lot. But I see it as a badge of honor. However; I rarely if ever vote down. Usually if it's trolling or clearly bat **** crazy will I down vote. I think reality isn't clear cut and there are pros and cons to every topic. I also am willing to hear someone out whom may have a different perspective than me.

But with that said down voting really doesn't do anything. But if it did, this forum would really degrade quick into the majority opinion rules silencing difference of opinion. Its not like you don't see down voted posts unless you are the down voter.
ossobucotemp

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 05:14 pm
@Krumple,
I tend to up thumb people who spent time finding links, finding photos, provide recipes, and make salient points, sometimes complicated ones.

I try not to thumb down people I disagree with, and if I do it is more re the romping insults than re disagreement. I may be getting worse.
Let me post my index finger...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 05:15 pm
@Krumple,
Having a post voted down is one thing, but the right wingers vote down threads about topics they don't want aired. Once a thread is established it doesn't matter but in the early days it can stop a discussion in its tracks.

My threads about the Royal family are left alone, threads critical of Putin are voted down seconds after being posted.
izzythepush

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 05:16 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Nobody is pro abortion.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 05:17 pm
@izzythepush,
Interesting...
izzythepush

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 05:19 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Feed Ukraine into search forums and you will find loads of threads started by Russian propagandists.

And most of them aren't even Gungasnake!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 05:27 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

The problem with gun control is the criteria for ownership. But at the same time what does it really solve? Some of the school shootings that happened were by guns that were either purchased by someone else or stolen. What does purchasing criteria prevent if a gun can be stolen or purchased via another person?

Gun control is a delusional idea that it in someway solves a problem, it
solves nothing.

So what happens us the government keeps chipping a way at the right. This is why it's objected to start with. When people, mostly gun fear liberals keep seeing the problems aren't going a way, the law makers respond and continue chipping a way.

What did five, ten, fifteen day wait periods do?
What did 15 round magazine bands do?
What did full auto ban do?
What does age restriction do?

Its an illusion if you think the amount of control already in place has solved. Why would you assume more control will do anything to solve these problems.

The way I see it. These issues have absolutely nothing to do with guns and a 100% to do with mental health issues gone ignored. This is the real cause.

I guess we should just wring our hands and say, "My goodness. Nothing can be done." And stand back and watch the slaughter continue.