Whaddayasay, gun nuts?

edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 03:56 pm
I could have walked in and plopped down some cash and walked out with a gun had I gone to a gun show. They have them all the time. They do extra good business when somebody says, Obama(or the appropriate Democrat)'s coming to take your gun.
izzythepush

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 04:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
Or there's a massacre, gun dealers have a vested interest in slaughter.
edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 04:27 pm
@izzythepush,
They have Pavlov's techniques down pat in the gun industry.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 04:54 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:
In USA you have 4.7 person killed per 100 000 and to 60% firearms
In Norway you have 0.6% person killed per 100 00 and firearms are used to a minimum. 50% was knives.

So? In Taiwan there is a high homicide rate despite the lack of guns.

In Switzerland there is a low homicide rate despite guns being readily available.

Taking just those two countries, one could argue that the presence of guns reduces homicide rates.

When you take all countries instead of just cheery picking a couple to create a false image, it is clear that gun availability causes a very small increase in homicide rates, but the change is minimal.

saab wrote:
oralloy wrote:
The impact of gun availability on homicide rates is minimal.

So again your information was again just plain wrong.

No. As usual my information was entirely correct, but the Left finds the facts highly inconvenient.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 04:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I stand by my words. People with unrestricted gun rights are entirely too tolerant of the old west shoot em up mentality. Shooting me or my loved ones is not your right.

People have the right to defend themselves when they are attacked.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 04:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
You don't need a crystal ball to make gun control laws. You strictly control who buys guns and when and where they can be carried. You not only outlaw military style gun sales, you quit making related ammunition available.

More evidence that gun control has no interest in saving lives. The only goal is violating people's civil rights for the fun of it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 04:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
You are making it personal. I have owned four guns in my days and possibly may get another. I am not afraid of responsible gun owners. Just the ones like you, that want everybody to have as many as they want.

That is contradictory. The people who make you stop violating everyone's civil rights ARE responsible gun owners.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 05:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
They do extra good business when somebody says, Obama(or the appropriate Democrat)'s coming to take your gun.

That is a reasonable reaction to your attempts to seize their guns.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 05:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What are ya saying? Abortion clinics herd women through like hogs at an abatoir, dozens at a time? Abortion doctors kill multiple people with the flick of a trigger finger?

Abortion of FETUSES before they are developed into viable babies is a woman exercising a control over her own body function and it's none of our business.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 05:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I could have walked in and plopped down some cash and walked out with a gun had I gone to a gun show. They have them all the time. They do extra good business when somebody says, Obama(or the appropriate Democrat)'s coming to take your gun.

Then, I can take it that every gun you have purchased required a background check at minimum, yes? You had to show proper resident ID, right? You need a permit to conceal carry and you most likely do not have the open carry permit. As far as I know, dealers at gun shows still require the NICS check before selling you a gun.

What am I missing here? You say there is are no restrictions, yet there they are. Restrictions. Why do you feel the need to create unnecessary hysteria and panic with your "alternative facts"?

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 05:40 pm
I told you the restrictions are inadequate. I told you I could go to a gun show and walk home with a gun. I don't see us getting anywhere here.
McGentrix

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 05:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I told you the restrictions are inadequate. I told you I could go to a gun show and walk home with a gun. I don't see us getting anywhere here.

And an unemployed illegal immigrant gang-member could car jack you and stab you with a knife.

The LAW states that you have restrictions. Your deciding if they are enough or not is immaterial and playing hypothetical 20 questions gets no one anywhere either.
edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 06:34 pm
@McGentrix,
The senseless killing goes on. This is how we can know there are no good controls.

Anybody with a trigger finger can blow away a dozen people in seconds, no matter how weak. And you are equating that with an IMMIGRANT and a knife. Sheeit.

McGentrix

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 06:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Why do you own 4 mass killing devices? Don't you see that you are now a potential murderer that should be put down like the ravage dog you are? How can you sleep at night knowing that your guns could, at any minute, bust out and kill you in your sleep?

No wonder you are cranky. You live in daily fear that at anytime one of those mass killing devices could just kill you on a whim.
oralloy

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 06:41 pm
@McGentrix,
Gun control advocates can't be reasoned with. They have to be defeated at the ballot box.

Thus the NRA.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 06:46 pm
@McGentrix,
Making wild alternative facts statements only hurts your position. Unless you are joking, of course.

Why people around here think I am cranky is a mystery to me. I am mellow, but not bowed or intimidated.
McGentrix

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 06:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Making wild alternative facts statements only hurts your position. Unless you are joking, of course.

Why people around here think I am cranky is a mystery to me. I am mellow, but not bowed or intimidated.

But you don't make sense either.

You're opposed to guns, but have 4.
You say they are completely unregulated but they are heavily regulated.
You say that guns kill yet I have never once seen a gun jump out and kill anyone.
People will kill other people no matter what, why not give the victims a fighting chance?
Do you not see that your position is wrong?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 07:49 pm
Where to begin? It's like I haven't been talking to you all day. You take my pearls of wisdom and toss them to the swine. I don't intend to restate my position a dozen times over. If you really care about it, go back and read what's already posted. Otherwise, I'm finished.
giujohn

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 09:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You don't need a crystal ball to make gun control laws. You strictly control who buys guns and when and where they can be carried. You not only outlaw military style gun sales, you quit making related ammunition available. You can't drive a car with no license to prove you can drive. You should have to prove you are responsible enough to have a weapon that makes murder a piece of cake. If you feel put upon because of it, you likely don't deserve a gun.

Your analogy blows in that driving a car is a privilege...In this country bearing arms is an unalienable ******* right.
0 Replies