Whaddayasay, gun nuts?

izzythepush

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 03:16 am
@oralloy,
Looking glass thinking. Not something a rational person would take seriously. You need a gun because it makes you feel important. Take it away and you have nothing.
izzythepush

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 03:17 am
@edgarblythe,
We are starting from different places.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 03:56 am
@saab,
saab wrote:
What a very nice thought.
The guy also has a say regarding an abortion. A women gets raped and has to give birth to a child because that guy is against abortion.

Good grief. Only a liberal would treat rape the same as consensual sex.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 03:57 am
@saab,
saab wrote:
As you are an expert in what happens in Norway I think it would a good idea to compare Norway and USA regarding the impact on homicide rates and non gun control and gun control.
You can do that please.

Sure. The impact of gun availability on homicide rates is minimal.

Anything else?
oralloy

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 03:59 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Looking glass thinking.

Reliance on actual facts instead of relying on Leftist hysteria and demagogy?

izzythepush wrote:
Not something a rational person would take seriously.

Rational people prefer facts over hysteria and demagogy.

izzythepush wrote:
You need a gun because it makes you feel important.

No. I don't need a gun. And having a gun doesn't make me feel important.

But I do have a right to have guns if I choose to have them. It is one of the rights that are accorded to free humans.

izzythepush wrote:
Take it away and you have nothing.

No. Take it away and you've committed a crime.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 08:25 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Your rights stop where they meet mine.

No, you are absolutely wrong there. We should both have the freedom to own the firearms we want. Your desire to not own any should, in no way, hinder my desire to own many. My rights ARE your rights, it's up to you whether you wish to take advantage of your rights or not.

But, do not dare to interfere with MY rights simply because you wish not to participate in the freedoms that America affords.
McGentrix

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 08:31 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

I am also glad I live in a country with gun control.
To be able to drive a car/motorbike - you need driving lessons.
To be able to be a hunter - you need lessons and learn the rules and laws.
To be able to just walk in and buy a gun - is absolutely absurd.

Is that what you guys think? We just walk down to the corner gun store and plop down a twenty and walk out with a gun?

You guys are too much. Watch less TV and movies as that is NOT what happens at all.
0 Replies

saab

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 09:10 am
@oralloy,
In USA you have 4.7 person killed per 100 000 and to 60% firearms
In Norway you have 0.6% person killed per 100 00 and firearms are used to a minimum. 50% was knives.
Quote:
The impact of gun availability on homicide rates is minimal.

So again your information was again just plain wrong.
edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 09:46 am
@McGentrix,
I stand by my words. People with unrestricted gun rights are entirely too tolerant of the old west shoot em up mentality. Shooting me or my loved ones is not your right. Enabling mass shooting at the flick of a finger encroaches on all rights, even yours.
giujohn

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 10:51 am
The only nut in the equation is the person who is confronted by a crazed assailant hell bent on killing you because your name is Edgar and you thinking self protection is dialing 911.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 01:52 pm
Now we have Feminists making jokes about anal rape. Really? (Although oddly enough the millions of women who own guns seem to be spared.)

This is a big part of the reason that Trump won.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 02:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I stand by my words. People with unrestricted gun rights are entirely too tolerant of the old west shoot em up mentality. Shooting me or my loved ones is not your right. Enabling mass shooting at the flick of a finger encroaches on all rights, even yours.

So you have a crystal ball now that tells you who and when someone is going to use a gun in a killing spree? Wish you'd be a little more giving with your info and maybe save some lives.

Until then, your fear that you may get shot does not, in any way, shape or form, cause my rights to gun ownership to cease. That is why my rights to a gun shall not be infringed upon by the Federal Govt. Until there is an additional amendment that says "So long as someone is afraid of being shot, no one should own a gun." my rights should continue to be uninfringed upon.
edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 02:17 pm
@McGentrix,
You don't need a crystal ball to make gun control laws. You strictly control who buys guns and when and where they can be carried. You not only outlaw military style gun sales, you quit making related ammunition available. You can't drive a car with no license to prove you can drive. You should have to prove you are responsible enough to have a weapon that makes murder a piece of cake. If you feel put upon because of it, you likely don't deserve a gun.
McGentrix

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 02:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You don't need a crystal ball to make gun control laws. You strictly control who buys guns and when and where they can be carried. You not only outlaw military style gun sales, you quit making related ammunition available. You can't drive a car with no license to prove you can drive. You should have to prove you are responsible enough to have a weapon that makes murder a piece of cake. If you feel put upon because of it, you likely don't deserve a gun.

Did I miss the bit in the Constitution that says my right to drive a car shall not be infringed?

I am sorry that you are afraid of people owning guns. But, that's on you, not me. Stop trying to impugn my rights with your fears.
edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 02:24 pm
@McGentrix,
You are making it personal. I have owned four guns in my days and possibly may get another. I am not afraid of responsible gun owners. Just the ones like you, that want everybody to have as many as they want.
McGentrix

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 02:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You are making it personal. I have owned four guns in my days and possibly may get another. I am not afraid of responsible gun owners. Just the ones like you, that want everybody to have as many as they want.

Why shouldn't people be allowed to own as many guns as they want? Are you ok with people owning as many cars as they wish? How about screwdrivers? Are you ok with people having as many screw drivers as they want? How about steak knives or baseball bats?

Stop trying to impugn my rights with your fears.
edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 02:41 pm
@McGentrix,
I did not mean quantity per each, in the sense you collect rifles or have two or three handguns. I mean unrestricted ownership.
McGentrix

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 02:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I did not mean quantity per each, in the sense you collect rifles or have two or three handguns. I mean unrestricted ownership.

We don't have unrestricted ownership. Why do you think that we do?

When you bought your guns, did you just stroll in plop down some cash and walk out with them?
edgarblythe

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 03:00 pm
@McGentrix,
Right now, almost anybody that wants a gun can find a way to get one. There are legal restrictions here and there, but nothing really effective.
McGentrix

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 03:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Right now, almost anybody that wants a gun can find a way to get one. There are legal restrictions here and there, but nothing really effective.

That doesn't answer my question. Criminals are going to be criminals and get what they want/need however they wish.

When YOU purchased your guns, did you walk in, plop down some cash and walk out with your guns?
0 Replies