Whaddayasay, gun nuts?

edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 05:32 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I get that. It's the time I post. In the morning when we Euros are awake and most normal Americans are asleep, there's a bunch of sad individuals who stay up all night. We know who they are. If it happens again pm me and I'll vote you up.

I had a thread on Russia's involvement in Montenegro voted down, now it's up and running again. They don't like anything that challenges
their very narrow World view.

I like for the ones that don't like me to do that. Then I don't have to put up with their **** on my threads.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 05:38 pm
What galls my gems is when people go after Planned Parenthood over abortion. I have three daughters, none of whom ever wanted or had abortions. The youngest went to Planned Parenthood for help when she was pregnant with her first. The anti abortion assholes got in her face like rabid dogs every time she went for an appointment. Why the law thinks it's okay to do a person like that is beyond me.
izzythepush

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 06:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
I like living in a country with sane gun laws. I feel far better protected knowing that most people, including criminals don't have guns. A 5 year mandatory jail sentence just for possessing a handgun is a very powerful deterrent.

The proof is in the homicide rate.
edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 06:10 pm
@izzythepush,
In my country, sane gun laws are pretty insane, but you aren't going to get what the Brits have over here. It's probably too late anyway. There are millions of guns out there, of every description, whole stores of them likely hidden. There is no way they could be gathered up, because there would be no voluntary compliance.
Krumple

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 06:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Krumple wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

People see everything in extremes. Simple sane gun control is not depriving gun rights. Allowing safe abortion is not pushing it on everyone.

The problem with gun control is the criteria for ownership. But at the same time what does it really solve? Some of the school shootings that happened were by guns that were either purchased by someone else or stolen. What does purchasing criteria prevent if a gun can be stolen or purchased via another person?

Gun control is a delusional idea that it in someway solves a problem, it
solves nothing.

So what happens us the government keeps chipping a way at the right. This is why it's objected to start with. When people, mostly gun fear liberals keep seeing the problems aren't going a way, the law makers respond and continue chipping a way.

What did five, ten, fifteen day wait periods do?
What did 15 round magazine bands do?
What did full auto ban do?
What does age restriction do?

Its an illusion if you think the amount of control already in place has solved. Why would you assume more control will do anything to solve these problems.

The way I see it. These issues have absolutely nothing to do with guns and a 100% to do with mental health issues gone ignored. This is the real cause.

I guess we should just wring our hands and say, "My goodness. Nothing can be done." And stand back and watch the slaughter continue.

The solution is more focus on mental health issues.
edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 06:40 pm
@Krumple,
In the present climate we are not going to get either one.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 06:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
I took my niece to Planned Parenthood, and her father thanked me, but also, she thanked me. No, it wasn't about abortion, it was about education.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 07:32 pm
Just for curiosity sake, what "common sense" gun laws do we need that we already don't have and who will it affect more, criminals or the law abiding citizens?
edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 07:42 pm
@McGentrix,
We barely have any now. And Trump just removed one that barred the mentally ill from having them.
McGentrix

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 09:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

We barely have any now. And Trump just removed one that barred the mentally ill from having them.

You must live in a free state. My rights are heavily oppressed in the communist state of New York. But I deal with it. You should move here if you are seriously concerned about people having no free rights when it comes to gun ownership.
edgarblythe

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:24 pm
@McGentrix,
Your rights stop where they meet mine.
oralloy

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Whaddayasay, gun nuts?

Namecalling. Sad

edgarblythe wrote:
http://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17021942_419568518390372_4585394148986589100_n.png?oh=7678dfe1bbe0ba6f0aeb196be561ce71&oe=59679AA7

The waiting period got put on abortions because the Democrats were trying to apply it to the Second Amendment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:26 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:
I am for equality - women have to do the same when buying a gun.
Gyus have come along when their partner wants an abortion. They have to learn what it means for a woman and what she has to go thru in case she wants an abortion.

If there were equality, the guy would have a say in whether the abortion took place. Or abortions would be denied altogether (which would be equal in that both genders would be denied a say).
oralloy

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
People see everything in extremes. Simple sane gun control is not depriving gun rights.

Calls for "sane" gun control are calls to violate the Second Amendment that are being disguised with rhetoric.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I guess we should just wring our hands and say, "My goodness. Nothing can be done." And stand back and watch the slaughter continue.

That would be preferable to the Left's current course of violating people's civil rights for no reason (other than the joy they get from violating people's rights) and standing back and watching the slaughter continue.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:29 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The proof is in the homicide rate.

Statistic show that gun availability has little impact on homicide rates.
oralloy

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

That is incorrect. Obama's executive order had nothing to do with mental illness. The Democrats were targeting a vast swath of people who have a perfectly sound mind.

It was just like all other gun control. The only point was to violate people's civil rights for no reason.
0 Replies

saab

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 01:01 am
I am also glad I live in a country with gun control.
To be able to drive a car/motorbike - you need driving lessons.
To be able to be a hunter - you need lessons and learn the rules and laws.
To be able to just walk in and buy a gun - is absolutely absurd.

Re abortion:
In Sweden it is your decesion, but you have the right to be able to talk to a psychologist before and also after the abortion. Also your partner has the right to be able to talk to a psychologist.
No matter what the reason is for an abortion - you yourself will not know how your reaction will be afterwards.

saab

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 01:04 am
@oralloy,
What a very nice thought.
The guy also has a say regarding an abortion. A women gets raped and has to give birth to a child because that guy is against abortion.
saab

Mon 6 Mar, 2017 01:07 am
@oralloy,
As you are an expert in what happens in Norway I think it would a good idea to compare Norway and USA regarding the impact on homicide rates and non gun control and gun control.
You can do that please.