Snapchat experts, please help!

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2017 11:49 pm
I have been having a snapchat account for a while now, but I really don't use it. Yesterday, my girlfriend and I were playing around with it on my phone. She went through my friends list (all 7 people) and saw that I had an x girlfriend still on it. I was genuinely unaware that she was there. I probably added my x on it when were were dating and just didn't think about taking her off.

Please help! She is furious and ending the relationship is actually being discussed. She passionately believes that I added the x girlfriend since we've met and have been communicating with her through it. She believes that because she says that I showed her who was on my friends list and she wasn't there before. I honestly don't remember that, but I do know that we did play around on snapchat before. Is there any way to be able to tell when someone was added as a friend on snapchat? Or any other way that you guys could think of to be able to show her that she's been there all along and it just got overlooked? Anything?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,324 • Replies: 5
No top replies

WineNot

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:37 am
@johndoe111,
How long have you been dating? If it's only a few months and she's controlling or overly jealous then you don't need that. If she's that controlling now it will only get worse. My other question is- have you done anything in the past that has caused her to feel insecure like this? If not, it's ridiculous she's talking about breaking up over this one thing when you've given her no reason not to trust you.
If you've been together a long time and perhaps done something to cause her to be this insecure, My advice is delete the account if you don't use it. Most of these social media type accounts (Snapchat Facebook, Twitter,etc) cause more problems in relationships than good.
johndoe111

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 02:49 pm
@WineNot,
It's been over 10 months. No, I've never given her reason to not trust me. But I know that this ex is a sore spot for her with good reason. She had lots of trouble letting go. I had to block her on everything. I just apparently didn't think about Snapchat. She even continued to call and text after her number was blocked using *67 and an app that can't be identified. She showed up at my office once. I had to get a new phone number, report and threaten her with legal action to make it all stop. Knowing all of this, I was meticulous with telling her every single time she attempted to communicate with me. I know that was overwhelming, but I thought that it was very important that she know that I wasn't trying to hide anything from her, that I wasn't doing anything to initiate it, but everything possible to make it stop.

I understand and agree that the best way to avoid any of that stuff is to just delete the app. Hindsight is 20/20. What I'm asking is more of a technical question. Given my current situation, is there any way to physically show her when the x was added to Snapchat? That she was on it as a friend way before I met her. Or is there any way to physically show her that there was no communication with her at all? I've searched relentlessly online, tried to call Snapchat, and even written to the CEO. No answer yet.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 11:28 am
@johndoe111,
Good heavens. If she is talking about ending the relationship because you are friends with a woman on snapchat, then I would suggest you beat her to the punch and end things first because the relationship is already as good as dead. You are allowed to have friends, both male and female. Just as she is allowed to have friends, both male and female.
johndoe111

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 12:35 pm
@CoastalRat,
Agreed and thanks for responding. I want to point out that this friend was an x girlfriend that made us both very miserable for a period. I completely understand her concern over there being some means of this x communicating with me. After all that we've been through with her, I understand having an emotional reaction to seeing it. However, she immediately jumped to the conclusion that she was added since we've met, and that I was actively communicating with her. She knows more than most of the extremes that I had to go through to make it all stop. But still, she took that position and hasn't backed off. It's not just her emotions overtaking her reasoning. She somehow genuinely believes that I am or was communicating with her through snapchat. We are now 3 days out and she still refuses to even speak with me. No benefit of the doubt. Not even really giving me the opportunity to explain anything at all.

**What I am really asking is does anyone know of a way to objectively show her that there was no communication at all with this person, that she's been on my friends list prior to the date that we met, and no friending then unfriending. Anything like that? There has to be a way to get to this information. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.
johndoe111

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 03:08 pm
@johndoe111,
I was going through old info on my phone and totally forgot about my reaching out here. I realize that I am answering my own question here, but I wanted to do it to help anyone that may find themselves in a similar situation and searching for an answer. I emailed [email protected] before I asked my question here and they responded afterwards. They were able to give me details of when the friend was added in a formal email which cleared everything up. Thanks!
0 Replies