Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:03 pm
It's not absurd to believe that people can damage themselves through years of drug and alcohol abuse.

It's absurd to believe that just because you know some people who didn't screw themselves up completely, others also couldn't have screwed themselves up completely. Your logic doesn't follow at all.

ESPECIALLY given the large body of evidence that we have in the scientific community that supports the theory that years (YEARS) of alcohol and drug abuse can have serious effects on one's mental condition.

The accusations aren't absurd in the slightest.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:04 pm
Quote:
To think that George Bush is mentally defective because he had problems many years ago is pretty darn cruel and insensitive if you ask me.

Actually, it isn't at all. How can else can one explain this:

http://www.dubyaspeak.com

My guess is those drug addicts who are now successful businessmen you refer to probably have an easier time with the english language then the idiot in the Oval Office. That is probably why they became CEO's to begin with. They were actually HIRED first.

Bush has always be SELECTED.

Big difference. More people voted to HIRE Gore than Bush in 2000.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:04 pm
Foxyfire wrote:
[Not defensive at all. I would have to give some credence to the accusations to be defensive. Just pointing out the absurdity. That's all.

PKB wrote:
Quote:
Washington: President Bush is not a bozo; in fact, he may be a near-brainiac.

Shocked

Smile Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ....Rolling on the floor.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ...trying to catch breath... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ......gotta go, I'm about to pee my pants... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That didn't do it for you?

The whole article is ridiculous for obvious reasons. Not even comparing apples and oranges, so it deserves no defense.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:59 pm
Harvard MBA? So who did he pay to do his assignments? Because that cretin couldn't write a shopping list.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 06:37 pm
Cyclop writes
Quote:
It's not absurd to believe that people can damage themselves through years of drug and alcohol abuse.

No it is not absurd to believe that people can damage themselves with that kind of activity. It is absurd to presume that you know how much of such activity a person you never met engaged in and how much damage, if any, occurred as a result of it.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:06 pm
All I can say is that dems and libs need to watch how they talk about W from here on out. The bottom line is that Kerry is at least five and probably more like ten or fifteen points below whatever W. is at. Sort of like what they call a least upper bound in mathematics or something like that.

What about debate skills I hear the demmies asking? What about them? Does anybody think that Albert Einstein or Isaac Newton would win a debate against Kerry? I mean, Kerry has the basic skills you'd expect of somebody who'd majored in English in college; you really want to elect an English major for president??
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:21 pm
Ok. So I didn't read the ENTIRE article. I had a little trouble getting past "Washington: President Bush is not a bozo; in fact, he may be a near-brainiac."

Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh geez! Here I go again......Oh hell, I'll never be able to get past that line. It's pert near the funniest thing I've read......EVER!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:22 pm
I am NOT comparing Kerry (or anybody else) to Hitler, but Adolph Hitler was a very persuasive speaker. So was Jim Jones. I was once very taken by a young civic leader who could charm and mesmerize an audience and persuade them that polka dots were stripes.....until he embezzled a million dollars from his company and ran off with his best friend's wife.

Proficiency in public speaking is a nice talent to have. It doesn't qualify one for absolutely anything other than public speaking however.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:24 pm
It's incredible. You can all look into those vacant staring eyes and see something that just isn't there.
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:26 pm
gungasnake wrote:
All I can say is that dems and libs need to watch how they talk about W from here on out. The bottom line is that Kerry is at least five and probably more like ten or fifteen points below whatever W. is at. Sort of like what they call a least upper bound in mathematics or something like that.

What about debate skills I hear the demmies asking? What about them? Does anybody think that Albert Einstein or Isaac Newton would win a debate against Kerry? I mean, Kerry has the basic skills you'd expect of somebody who'd majored in English in college; you really want to elect an English major for president??

Drunk Give me an alcoholic break! I say English major beats cheerleader from Andover any day.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:41 pm
PKB wrote:

Drunk Give me an alcoholic break! I say English major beats cheerleader from Andover any day.

Not an english major with a fifteen point IQ deficit.

Razz Razz Razz
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:51 pm
Too bad Kerry won't have another opportunity to throw out the first pitch at Fernway Park and shake hands with Manny Ortiz.

He might even watch O'Bill's Packers at Lambert Field.

And don't ever get in his way when he's snowboarding :wink:
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 10:47 pm
Wilso wrote:
It's incredible. You can all look into those vacant staring eyes and see something that just isn't there.

I notice your own eyes are hidden behind shades in the avatar...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 11:17 pm
I promised myself I would try not to respond in these threads, but if you don't mind, I think I'll pull up a chair and watch.

Oh, and Bush is a moron! Oooops, you didn't hear that from me.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 11:57 pm
Montana wrote:

Oh, and Bush is a moron! Oooops, you didn't hear that from me.

Like I say, that makes Kerry five to fifteen points below a moron...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:11 am
Foxfyre wrote:
I am NOT comparing Kerry (or anybody else) to Hitler, but Adolph Hitler was a very persuasive speaker. So was Jim Jones. I was once very taken by a young civic leader who could charm and mesmerize an audience and persuade them that polka dots were stripes.....until he embezzled a million dollars from his company and ran off with his best friend's wife.

Proficiency in public speaking is a nice talent to have. It doesn't qualify one for absolutely anything other than public speaking however.

Yeah...and you guys actually think that we think the moron is a moron because he is not an effective public speaker.

Fox...we do not consider the moron to be a moron because he doesn't speak very well in public...although come to think of it, he when he speaks in public, he seldom sounds as intelligent as a typical high schooler running for class president.

The reason we think he is a moron is because of the content in his mangled sentences and thoughts...not just because of the mangled sentences and thoughts.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:39 am
The mangled worries the heck out of me, though.

Sounds quite brain damaged to me.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 06:07 am
dlowan wrote:
The mangled worries the heck out of me, though.

Sounds quite brain damaged to me.

That would be an improvement over what some people think...because damaged or not, your comment supposes a brain!!! :wink:
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 08:04 am
Frank wrote:
Yeah...and you guys actually think that we think the moron is a moron because he is not an effective public speaker.

Fox...we do not consider the moron to be a moron because he doesn't speak very well in public...although come to think of it, he when he speaks in public, he seldom sounds as intelligent as a typical high schooler running for class president.

I take it you missed his convention speech?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 08:41 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Frank wrote:

I take it you missed his convention speech?

After the first two years of his administration...I decided to "miss" all of his speeches.

There is only so much embarrassment I can feel for my country!

Why do you ask?

Are you inferring that at his convention speech, he DID sound as intelligent as a typical high schooler running for class president?
0 Replies