Phobia?

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:23 am
I have a fear of vaccum(sp?)... I was electrocuted by one when I was a little younger.... I also have a fear of heights and falling
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:48 pm
I don't like bridges, particularly the ones where you can see through the base and it makes your tires wobble all over the place. I also get vertigo on cliffs, open stairs or anything where you can see through to the ground (I'm getting a theme here...).

I can go up a ladder but, once up there, I can't get down again.

Tunnels? Fahgetaboutit. I survived the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel twice. I'm not risking a third attempt. Even going through the whateveritscalled Tunnel in Boston to get to Logan Airport gives me the jitters.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:33 pm
I used to suffer from severe arachnophobia, just looking at pictures of spiders would make me break out in a cold sweat.

But by sheer force of will (yes I am that stubborn) I've managed to deal with my fear. Right now I'm waiting to get some money so I can get my first tarantula, a Mexican Redknee.

http://img62.exs.cx/img62/4787/d791334a9ik.png
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:39 pm
Eryemil wrote:
I used to suffer from severe arachnophobia, just looking at pictures of spiders would make me break out in a cold sweat.

But by sheer force of will (yes I am that stubborn) I've managed to deal with my fear. Right now I'm waiting to get some money so I can get my first tarantula, a Mexican Redknee.

http://img62.exs.cx/img62/4787/d791334a9ik.png

You are a truely brave soul....I am also afraid of spiders. I have managed to control my fear to be able to kill small ones on occasion but if ones catches me off guard.....I am done. Laughing
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:57 pm
You know how I managed to do it? I forced myself into researching spiders. Some species are truly beautiful, with time I just found myself focusing more and more on the beauty and the fear just went away. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it, now I am just excited about getting one. Very Happy
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 06:19 am
Was scared of dogs but now I love them.
Was scared of heights but got over that one... sort of.
Scared of bees but since I'm allergic that's reasonable.
0 Replies

Banned Wagon

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 02:21 pm
I figure I have:
Atomosophobia- Fear of atomic explosions.
I figure that I DON'T have: (not DONT)
Dutchphobia- Fear of the Dutch.
Ephebiphobia- Fear of teenagers.
Hyalophobia- Fear of glass.
Kathisophobia- Fear of sitting down.
Mythophobia- Fear of myths or stories or false statements.
Numerophobia- Fear of numbers.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 06:33 am
Mine has been diagnosed as shrivelaphobia. I hate immersing myself in cold water.

P.S. Message to the Prince.......you made my day. There is nothing like a reply with a touch of real CLASS.

It couldnt have been timed better.

Brilliant.

Ellpus.
0 Replies