http://www.phobialist.com/reverse.html
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:22 pm
thats a lot of phobias
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:20 pm
I used to have a hair phobia...well I still kinda do, but nothing like before!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:41 pm
from Merry Andrew's list:
Quote:
Precipices- Cremnophobia
Slopes, steep- Bathmophobia

Aha -- these sound like my fears, but not true phobias, I guess, since they don't interfere with living my life. I am able, after all, to hike on mountinous, precipitous terrain. I just stay back from the scariest stuff and hyperventilate a little.

But who in the world is afraid of chins or AIR, for Pete's sake!?!!!

That's amazing. I read the FAQ's and all those are real phobias... or at least have been made part of the scientific literature. Hmmmmmmm.

Chins???
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 10:38 pm
wouldnt say its really a phobia, but i get freaked out about blood... my own dont really care, but get someone elses on me and i freak
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 01:46 am
stand up for pessimism wrote:
I used to have a hair phobia...well I still kinda do, but nothing like before!

That's kind of strange, for a cat Wink
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 12:09 pm
She's trying to "shed" them. Very Happy
0 Replies

makz 18

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:34 am
cruel phobia
i found the cruelest phobia. hippopotomonstrososquipedaliophobia. A fear of long words. Imagine trying to explain that one to a shrink. That's one big ass word. On a lighter note, I am a homophobe. I have an inexplicable fear of all things queer. Last time a gay walked into a room, he said, hi everyone, yes I'm gay. I ran out as quickly as I could, and i don't even know why I was afraid. Once I was confronted with shaking a gay teacher's hand (at my school), I got so scared, I threw up, wnet to sick bay, and convinced my parents I had come down with gastro.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:54 am
I have a fear - not phobia - of heights and closed spaces. Which is funny as I am absolutely fine in an airplane !! Figure that out...

Guess Makz 18 won't be positing in this thread anymore Laughing
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:59 am
I have a thing if i am drinking in a bar, i want them to use the same glass to refill my drink..
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 11:28 am
LMAO @ Gautam thats to funny...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 02:15 pm
OMG, Gautam's post is RIGHT NEXT to makz 18's!! Ooh, ooh, it's gonna rub off!!!!

<ROTFLMAO>
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 02:40 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Piffka wrote:
I've got a slight case of gephyrophobia -- fear of crossing (tall) bridges

I had a friend that had this bad. He would actually pull over to the side of the road if he was driving and make someone else drive over the bridge while he was in the back seat with his head buried so he didn't have to watch. If he was by himself he would actually turn around and find another way over what ever he was crossing no matter how much time he added to the trip.

Your poor friend would never survive in the San Francisco Bay Area. Sad
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:13 pm
I think I only have two things that could be classified as phobias. The first would be Merinthophobia (tied or being bound). But only of my feet., no where else. Like when you crawl into bed and the covers are too tight on your feet? I have to be able to wiggle my toes at least or it drives me bugsh*t!!
The second would probably be classified under a type of claustrophobia, but again only under certain circumstances. Like caving. When you'd have to be going through a cave and literally need to crawl on your stomach because the height of the cave is only like 18 inches tall and its a long way (or feels like it) to the next open area where you can at least get on your hands and knees or sit up. I know I'd panic and therefore have never put mysef in that situation!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 06:10 pm
Lady J -- how do you know you'd panic if you have never put yourself into that situation? Most phobias have their roots in an unpleasant past experience, although frequently the sufferer does not even remember the experience.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 06:53 pm
I'm still trying to figure out where Joahaeyo's hands are when she's sleeping, if she has to wash her hands whenever she touches anything.

I used to have a real problem going up the inside of old lighthouses. Those never-ending spiral staircases. It's not the enclosed space thing, because I'm fine in little old elevators and things like that. Is there a fear of going up spiral staircases?

I am afraid of running out of toilet paper, but I'm not sure it's to the point of being phobic. Or maybe it is. I have a LOT of toilet paper upstairs.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:03 pm
I think I have phobiophobia -- an unnatural fear that I may somehow develop a phobia.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 03:24 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Lady J -- how do you know you'd panic if you have never put yourself into that situation? Most phobias have their roots in an unpleasant past experience, although frequently the sufferer does not even remember the experience.

That's a very good question, Merry. And it could very well be that there was something way back then that has been blocked from my memory.. Awhile back a friend of mine was describing a similar caving experience and the more he talked about it, I began feeling sick to my stomach, felt my heart racing and eventually had to ask him to talk about something else. I felt as if I were being buried alive. Strange.....maybe that is the real fear there, but I've never experienced that either that I know of!
0 Replies

makz 18

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 07:33 pm
arachnophobia
I'm scared shitless of spiders. The onyl exception was when I got a red back spider in a see-thru container. I gave it hell. I stuck him over the spout of our kettle, and watched him squirm about. Then I put him in the freezer. Later, I got the kitchen tongs, ensured that I had a firm grip, and shook him about. I even melted cheese over him, hahahahahahahahahaha. Shame he didn't bite me really.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:19 am
Quote:
On a lighter note, I am a homophobe. I have an inexplicable fear of all things queer. Last time a gay walked into a room, he said, hi everyone, yes I'm gay. I ran out as quickly as I could, and i don't even know why I was afraid. Once I was confronted with shaking a gay teacher's hand (at my school), I got so scared, I threw up, wnet to sick bay, and convinced my parents I had come down with gastro.

Dude, just pray that Antibuddha doesn't read this, I'm a gentle soul, but he'd rip you to shreds.
I'm curious to know how this came to be though, usually phobias develop from past traumatic experiences... In your case, it could be called self-loathing and denial. Twisted Evil
0 Replies