He's President of all. We should work with him - Right?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:24 pm
@TomTomBinks,
There are enough federal judges and people in government to make sure Trump doesn't overstep his authority. That's already been done, and I suspect we'll see more of them in the future. Trump just doesn't understand the Constitution.
"Ban all Muslims from entering the US."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/index.html
TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:25 pm
@izzythepush,
Gambia isn't the best example I could have used. (still waiting for your book)
TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:35 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Its our duty to keep this regime in check , and, if necessary, to change it.

Agreed. By every legal means. We are governed by our consent, and that consent is given (maybe unfortunately) only every four years. Or two or six for congress or every year for some local offices.
Quote:
The only problem we have is to determine "HOW?"

Through activism and education. Try to show the Trump supporters that their overlord is trampling the constitution. Try to show the apathetic that it's important to get involved. I know this is easier said but I don't know what else to do. I think it's important to keep an even keel and don't go throwing firebombs at protests or making grandstanding speeches about "resistance". That just delegitimizes our position.
TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:38 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Honestly, I don't think I'll be "working with him" any more or any less than I worked with any other president. I'm pretty insignificant and I don't do much more than post opinions on a message board, vote, serve willingly on jury duty, and pay taxes. And if I did none of these things it wouldn't amount to diddly-squat.

I'm just as insignificant. My disapproval of the president and his minions amounts to almost nothing. I try to talk sense to those around me, and that's about it...
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:40 pm
@camlok,
I don't deny that there is an opposition. I think the opposition should be careful not oppose just for the sake of opposition. (like the Republicans did from 2008 to 2016)
camlok

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:49 pm
@TomTomBinks,
That's good. That would be a denial of reality. Somewhat akin to the denial of reality that goes on as regards people denying that molten metals were found at all WTC sites.

There's even a video of a Salvation Army minister describing a cross that has been discovered of two pieces of WTC steel found in the rubble pile that had melted together.

There's the Meteorite, a conglomeration of steel and concrete fused together.

There's a gigantic steel beam bent into the shape of a horseshoe with no stress cracks. As the people looking at it say, "that takes thousands of degrees".

Jet fuel and office furnishings cannot provide thousands of degrees.

TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:56 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
That's good. That would be a denial of reality. Somewhat akin to the denial of reality that goes on as regards people denying that molten metals were found at all WTC sites.

There's even a video of a Salvation Army minister describing a cross that has been discovered of two pieces of WTC steel found in the rubble pile that had melted together.

There's the Meteorite, a conglomeration of steel and concrete fused together.

There's a gigantic steel beam bent into the shape of a horseshoe with no stress cracks. As the people looking at it say, "that takes thousands of degrees".

Jet fuel and office furnishings cannot provide thousands of degrees.

Cam, I don't see what this has to do with our conversation.
camlok

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 01:35 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I only point out how prevalent is the denial of reality.

If it has badly affected one area of such great importance, the safety and security of the entire world, there's no reason to suspect it hasn't badly infected many more.

Let me explain. This thread is about the election of Trump. One of the central issues of Trump's campaign, carried now into policy is the demonization of countries, ethnic groups, religions based on a false narrative, that 19 Arab hijackers, which has been expanded to many other countries, caused the destruction of WTCs 1, 2 and 3.

Science tells us that the alleged hijackers were not responsible for the collapse of those towers.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 04:59 pm
@camlok,
How does "science" tell us anything?
camlok

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 05:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Could you please be more specific?
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 06:44 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
Try to show the Trump supporters that their overlord is trampling the constitution. Try to show the apathetic that it's important to get involved.
Like Nixon, the ntire thing didnt get legs till the GOP joined the hunt. I see some of th GOP is already looking like the third verse of "The Lumberjcak Song"
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 07:14 pm
@camlok,
Scientists interpret what they observe, and communicate what they believe to be fact. Science itself doesn't tell us anything.

Quote:
sci·ence
[ˈsīəns]

NOUN
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment:
"the world of science and technology"
synonyms: branch of knowledge · body of knowledge/information · area of study · [more]
camlok

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 07:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, I am aware of and I understand the fine distinction you are making.

I have described many different scientists who have done that as regards the molten metals found at all WTC sites. Have you looked at the links I have provided?

Don't you think it's very shocking to see huge steel beams/columns reduced to Swiss cheese?

https://www.fema.gov/pdf/library/fema403_apc.pdf

Where do you thing the extreme temperatures came from that has done that?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 07:32 pm
@camlok,
Unless the scientists are able to duplicate exactly what happened, their opinions will be based on "best educated guesses."
We'll just have to live with the idea that "we may never know."
camlok

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 08:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Unless the scientists are able to duplicate exactly what happened, their opinions will be based on "best educated guesses."
=================

That's the point, scientists studying 911 have been able to describe what happened and have performed experiments to back that up. And the scenario they have described matches the reality much better than the pseudo science of the official NIST investigation.

But first, let's focus on reality. There was no legitimate fuel source that could have melted the metals that were found to have been melted. Certainly the alleged hijackers had no such fuel, being as all they "had" was jet fuel.

Jet fuel and office furnishings cannot produce the temperatures required to have melted these metals.

We now have a scenario that wasn't at all what the official government story described. We now have a scenario where NIST's study is nonsense. If steel was melted, there had to have been an alternate heat source capable of doing that.

Therefore, the alleged hijackers were not responsible for the collapse of the three towers. Don't you agree that they would have had to have been pretty grand magicians to knock down three towers with two planes?

RABEL222

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 08:29 pm
@farmerman,
I thought that was congresses job. Boy are we ever screwed.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 08:32 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
don't go throwing firebombs at protests or making grandstanding speeches about "resistance". That just delegitimizes our position.

Fire bombs no. Resistance yes, and lots of it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 08:33 pm
@camlok,
No. It was my understanding that hitting the top of the towers, the floors started to collapse from top to bottom. That momentum could not be stopped.

The major events include the following:
The airplane impact with damage to the columns.
The ensuing fire with loss of steel strength and distortion (Figure 1).
The collapse, which generally occurred inward without significant tipping (Figure 2).
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 08:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am going out to get som milkhakes. Tlking about 9-11 as if there is a scientific disagreement as to what caused it is ridiculous nd without any evience. Its Creationism of last decade
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 08:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I hope you are right on that.

On Trump's briefing to news reporters today, I started to wonder what would happen if the news people walked out on him. Hey, it's just a small fantasy of mine, clearly unlikely.

0 Replies