personalize licsence plates

Piffka

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 05:46 pm
Derailman -- Maybe they were allergic?

O'Bill -- very, very cool. LIL4RE.

It seems there aren't so many clever license plates anymore or we just aren't noticing them. It used to be that we'd see something like that and have great fun deciphering the code.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 05:49 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwAjA4QVRgfdAoqMKGCSVaysEV6QjHL6u4q!7LAWF*SyM4UWOcg3DI!eSxPDIhPPb8Ejbf*Fnq8I7S*tn5zZXIGVsrQl381DCR870eLZ8Tw/f6_2.jpg

I thought this one was pretty good!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 12:48 pm
This is a strange thread to post this, but since this is where it all happened. I'll post the calavera I wrote for my family.

La ingenua muerte se arrimó
A la casa de los García González
Intentando llevarse a Luis empezó
Con todo y sus morrales
Intentó hacer que brincara el cerco
Pues quería llevarlo al cementerio
Pero Luis se puso en su modo terco
Y la muerte cambió su criterio.

La flaca en el espejo se miró
Y se sintió pues estaba calva
De pura envidia a Joe llevarse intentó
Y por un pelito casi no se salva

Por eso fue tras su Mamá
Y ya se la quería llevar
Mamá la invitó a comer
Y la muerte no pudo detener
El de deseo de cenar en
La cocina de Lucamen
Tan satisfecha quedó
Que a Mamá indultó
De llevarla al panteón
Y ahora amigas son

Y a Papá nunca encontró
A la flaca de le ocurrió
Llegar el sábado en la noche
Y no estaba Papá ni su coche
Como llegó después del amanecer
Ya ni tiempo tuvo de hacerlo perecer

Y así se fue frustrada
La muerte con su mano helada
Esperando el siguiente año
Para causar a los García González daño

I might translate it later.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 01:38 pm
Neat, JoeFX. Today is the day, isn't it? I guess you don't say Happy Day of the Dead. Is there a traditional greeting?

I'm looking forward to the translation since my Spanish is limited to menus, road signs and some advertising.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 05:08 pm
Yes, today's the day. There's really not a greeting, at least not that I've heard of. I don't want to generalize anything about Mexico because I live in a city that been named 'The Third Nation' (the other two being MX and US) so I the Mexican identity here is not very clear.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 07:55 pm
hey Joe... i know this is the wrong thread... but seeing as i made the thread i feel i can hijack it... but what did you end up doing with your hair and unibrow?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 08:09 pm
In Alberta we don't have to have a front plate. My mother has a vanity plate with the Irish flag, the tri-colour on the front with the words Up Down.
She's from County Down, Ireland. In Ireland when cheering for your team, especially during the all ireland games, you say Up whoever....Up Donegal, Up Meath ect.
You wouldn't believe the comments she gets.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 08:11 pm
it sounds like she would get quite alot of comments in deed Ceili.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 02:30 am
The hair and unibrow's there as there wasn't as much hype with the sumo fights as last time so there were no bets going on.

But for your pleasure and my own embarassment:me as a nurse
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:29 am
thats just a little bit special my friend... good job on the costum Smile
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:43 am
Oh! A license plate - Strongbad - Dia de Muertos thread! How about that for guidelines and rules!

By the way, this are the coolest vanity plates, and they weren't made on purpose - I think.

Florida Vanity Plate

And no, definetely no vanity plates in Mexico. I've lived in 7 states and visited many, many more. The most vanity we can squeeze from an otherwise sad and conventional plate is in the plate holder! (is it called like that? Question ) Oh, and in having your plate resized so it fits the exact shape of those fancy euro bumpers.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 11:01 am
Piffka, did you ever figure out how to get image urls?

It drove me crazy for a while too (my eMac's a few months old), and then I figured it out.

Hover the mouse over the image, and then hold down control while clicking. There will be a pop-up menu -- choose "Open image in new window." When you do that, the image url will be at the top (in the usual url box, whatever that's called.) Then just copy and paste it between "img" brackets.

http://images.pravda.ru/img/2004/03/00-17-happy-face.jpg
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:14 pm
Thanks, Sozobe. My regular PC started behaving itself, so I've kept using it while Mr.P has been enjoying the Mac. I expect to run into trouble again soon and plan to use the Mac later, so I'll keep your directions in my back pocket. The Control Key & the Apple Key are not quite the same, I think. At least, I wasn't getting complete responses from my wireless keyboard when I had it attached to the Mac.

JoeFX -- What a beautiful nurse you are! Sorry I didn't notice before. Very Happy

el-Pohl -- Funny! That's the best kind of license plate, the inadvertent message. And... Welcome to a2k!!!

Yep, as far as I know, we call those things - License Plate Holders or License Plate Frames. My daughter received one from an ex-boyfriend -- "Always Late, But Worth the Wait" but her father thought that negatively affecting her. He had another one made "Right Here. Right Now. Right On Time." We've noticed that she gets to places on time more often, too. Wink
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:38 pm
Some vanity plates are cute some are foolish. I never thought I would even consider having them. I never thought I would have a Mercedes-Benz roadster either. Well now I have one. I ordered my vanity plates last week. Cool
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 01:24 am
Woah, talk about reviving this thread huh...
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 01:04 pm
The little clerk said it would take 8-12 weeks to receive them. I think the guys in state prison make them. I also have the neat frames to hold them on that proclaims I am an alumni of one of America's finest universities to enhance my image even more!

Oh look at that beautiful Mercedes roadster! Oh look at that plate! oh my goodness look he is an alumni of our old school! Then they will think: Oh God where did we go wrong? He's driving a beautiful Mercedes-Benz and here we sit in a Cadillac! Confused
0 Replies