(5.2.) and use it as storage of images. I have a FTP
file but use the IE scrapbook as well.

I never had a PC, so I don't know how it works there
but it's got to be easier with a MAC.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:01 pm
JoeFX wrote:
It's funny how the two threads I've been where Strong Bad is mentioned, he becomes the center of focus.

thats my fault i do believe... i started both of those threads Joe...:-D
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:13 pm
Hmmm, Thanks C-Jane. Trying this right now...

I had a little excitement there! Dragged the image easily enough, but it over-wrote on my a2k window. Yikes! Had to open a new window and find a2k again. Then I still couldn't just select and copy the URL, so I had to <egad> type it by hand!!!! Seems so primitive.

Is that how you do it?

Must admit, despite my glitches, it was lovely to see that image go floating off into space. Very Happy

Thanks loads.... here, have a Skull Pop!
http://www.foreign-candy.com/content/seasonal/images/Skull%20Pops.jpg

I'm wondering if JoeFX will notice 'em. Do you think he goes for Dias de los Muertos?

Mr.P is begging me to at least LOOK at the Apple instructions. What? Me???
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:16 pm
Mr. P? a man really wants to look at the directions.. that is an outrage... tell mr. p he needs to go have a beer and watch some football... i hope he doesnt ask for directions.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:27 pm
No no... you misunderstand. He wants ME to look at the directions... with comprehension. He already knows how to make it work, but doesn't want to 'splain it to me. Apparently it's a secret unless I read the book and go through some online tutorial. <sigh>
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:31 pm
oh ok.. close call... not that i was questioning mr.p's manhood... i was just there help make sure he didnt loose sight of it is all... have you figured it out yet?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:50 pm
Hehe, I live close to the mexican border and "dia de los muertes" spills over into our city as well. My 9 year old one
gets a kick out of the skull attractions (from ashtray to candies).

Piffka, go to file menue and click on "new window".
a new blank safari page appears, and into this page
you'll copy your image. The URL will show up at the
heading.

I never read instruction either - that's for a sissy only
Mr. Green
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:10 pm
No... darn it. Perhaps if I slept with the laptop as my pillow? I thought it was all supposed to be intuitive and I used to have a Mac... way back when, prollly before you were born....known as a FatMac, the second generation. In fact, I used to teach people how to use these durn things.

But... so many bells & whistles & colored lights... makes me dizzy. Must... find..... tutorial......
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:30 pm
It should work this way Piffka.
You also can drag images into your iPhoto file for keepsakes.

Oh. look here, you can download a scrapbook and drag your
images into this one

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/productivity_tools/scrapx.html
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 08:31 pm
Jane... have you put any images onto a2k? Is there some way to drag them in here that I'm not getting?

That Scrapbook... is that a freebie? I am so unused to Apple that I find their helpfulness almost incredible. It's like a different universe. Mr.P said the same when he plugged in the wireless stuff and everything immediately started to work (Whereas with the "Orange" we had to fool around for a week.)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 08:33 pm
back when vanity plates were still a novelty a friend in toronto worked for a guy who owned a restored classic citroen (sp), the licsence plate he had was AQT 314, or a cutie pi, it was actually pretty clever and because of the ontario system of 3 letters, 3 numbers (at the time) nobody realised it was a vanity plate
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 08:38 pm
i had to think about it for a minute but i got it.... thats good stuff..
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 08:47 pm
yeah, it's a little abstract without the decimal point (3.14)
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 08:49 pm
yea but i got it... where does your tag come from?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 09:20 pm
Piffka wrote:
Jane... have you put any images onto a2k? Is there some way to drag them in here that I'm not getting?

That Scrapbook... is that a freebie? I am so unused to Apple that I find their helpfulness almost incredible. It's like a different universe. Mr.P said the same when he plugged in the wireless stuff and everything immediately started to work (Whereas with the "Orange" we had to fool around for a week.)

Yeah, I have put images onto a2k - one way is to get the URL
(as in the emoticons) and add [img] [/img] to it, and another way
is through FTP where I can load pictures in my own FTP program
and follow that URL. But, you can't just drag pictures in here,
you need to have the proper URL for it, ie. http://www.picture.com/pics/041/313499.jpg beforehand.

Scrapbook is a freebie and I downloaded it myself. It's quite helpful.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:10 pm
Nice picture, Calamity J! Is that yours?

While fooling around I "discovered" that I could click the little colored icon right next to the URL (in the URL window). Well, duh... I'd been carefully avoiding that icon, thinking it would, I dunno, erase it or something. Well, if I don't click it, I can never select so that I can do a copy & paste.

<shaking head> And I figured it out without reading the manual. Duh.Very Happy

Hmmm, why do I think I'd have learned that first think with the online tutorial??? I am going to find it and go through it.

That is so cool the Scrapbook is free. So far, I'm becoming more and more impressed with Apple. Trust me, you'd HATE Orange! The pop-ups.... the Trojans... the worms. Arggggh. My computer was freezing up five or six times a day, and always with loads of data loss. Enough to make a grown woman scream.

Thanks loads for your help, Janey. I really appreciate it. Tell me if there's anything I can help you with or a2k culture that seems confusing. Maybe I'll know.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 02:01 am
Yes Seed, it's your fault, and although cavfancier started one a long time ago... we weren't here to give flavour to it.

Piffka, my father's birthday lands on Nov. 2 so 'Dia de los Muertos' was always in second place. And this celebration is not as important as it is (or was, I really don't know) in the southern states. People here are more caught up in Halloween than the day of the dead, although that might be only first-hand experience talking.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:38 am
Quote:
Thanks loads for your help, Janey. I really appreciate it. Tell me if there's anything I can help you with or a2k culture that seems confusing. Maybe I'll know.

My pleasure! So far so good at a2k, but I might come
back on that one later http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/frech/brows.gif
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 10:31 pm
Joe my sisters birthday falls on Cinco de Mayo... not that im spanish or of such decent but i always thought that was interesting...
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 11:39 pm
It's interesting. What's not cool is having your birthday land close to christmas, because then you only get one present a year instead of two. Razz
0 Replies