personalize licsence plates

Seed

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 10:07 pm
have you seen any good ones... do you have one yourself? yes no maybe? i got one it says "Trogdor" if you want to see where if came from go here Homestarrunner (trogdor)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,804 • Replies: 95
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 10:20 pm
No, I don't have personalized plates,
and I wouldn't get them either,
since I don't want to draw even more attention to the CHP
as I already have. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 10:31 pm
That was funny, Seed. What kind of car carries the TROGDOR plate? A big beefy armed one, I hope.

I don't have a personalized license plate but I enjoy trying to decipher the ones I see, sometimes with ill effects on the road. One of my favorites belongs to a friend... YABBADOO.

If we ever got one, it would probably be BOBDOG... a reference to an old character on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood who had a remarkable resemblance to Mr.Piffka. A friend made up a bunch of bumper stickers that said "Where is Bob Dog?" to commemorate a long trip we took, so I guess I just identify Bob Dog with cars.

http://www.misterrogers.org/images/mrn/cast/bob_dog.jpg
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 07:50 am
I never saw this, but I once read about it. There was a White Volkswagen Rabbit with the plate, IML8IML8!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 07:53 am
Lawrence Welk had a plate which read...

A1 A2 A3
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 07:54 am
Gus- You are back. I'm so excited!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 07:56 am
I read about a weird one the other day.

This guy kidnapped his ex-girlfriends kid and disappeared into the forest. His liscense plate: EX KAHN.

Now thats not a good thing to advertise about oneself, don't you think?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 08:41 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Lawrence Welk had a plate which read...

A1 A2 A3

Heeheee. I love it. I like the IML8IML8, too.

There used to be a group of local Obstetrical MDs called the Stork Associates whose cars were Stork1, Stork2.... all the way to Stork8. Kind of cute.

For your amusement... the bad boys (and girls):
The Smoking Gun -- Washington State Plates
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 10:34 am
no beefy arm on the car but the car is a Mazda M X 6.... those are pretty funny... saw a asain guy with a plate that said HUNGWYLW
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 10:38 am
I once saw a Ferrari with the plate INDEBT. It made you hate him less, I suppose.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 10:43 am
lol just trying to low you into a false sense of niceness for him
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 11:57 pm
Yeah Trogdor!

btw seed, did you email sb?

I did, no response though.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 12:05 am
Joe FX -- You've heard of Trogdor? Gads... I am SO OUT OF touch. This must be all X generation stuff, right? It seems all new and strange to me.

Are there vanity license plates in México?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 12:06 am
mac11 wrote:
I once saw a Ferrari with the plate INDEBT. It made you hate him less, I suppose.

...and I saw a Porsche the other day with a plate that read
HIOFFZR Mr. Green

The black Honda in front of me at the red light read KAMIKZE,
which was quite misleading as an old fart was sitting in it driving
the speed of a snail. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 12:25 am
Yes Piffka, I've seen all of Strong Bad's mails. You hit right on the money with the generation X assumption.

I'm tempted to generalize that there are not personalized licence plates here. At least in the states I've been in there are not. I highly doubt it, but there might be some states where there are.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 09:27 am
I did joe and the same... no responce...Sad
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 09:33 am
I've never seen any vanity plates in Sonora, which is the only place I've gone in México. StrongBad? That's the artist's name? Hmmm, reminds me of our truck "Big Ugly".

How can I get on StrongBad's list? Maybe Seed knows? (Maybe Seed is StrongBad??)

CalamityJane -- 's funny -- is that in California? My d's name is Jane, unusual in these days of Michelle, Morgan and Jenna. (We wanted our kids to have four-letter words for their names... Very Happy)

Having been out of town for a couple of weeks, I haven't "met" any of you... JoeFX or CJane or Seed. Welcome to a2k and I hope you enjoy yourself a lot. THough you probably noticed I said I was bored on an a2k thread, I am always hopeful... very hopeful!!!... that interesting threads like this one will blossom. Maybe after this stinkin' election, things will improve.

This thread, by introducing me to "StrongBad" has already become more fun than most others. Thanks.

I think, JoeFX, that you had a funny set of photographs of different styles you'd tried? Right? I've been having max problems with my trojan-infested computer (yet am too lazy to get all my files onto my new Apple laptop) so I didn't manage to make a choice... however, my choice was #1. Love that cleancut beard + messy hair look.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 09:38 am
if i have introduced one person to Strongbad, I have made this world a better place.... as for not enjoying A2K times will be better... honest injun.... and welcome back
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 09:48 am
You introduced two, because "Mr. Piffka" heard me laughing and came into my office to see what all the commotion was about!

Thanks for the welcome back. I'm looking forward to reading more of your writings.

Please tell me where you found your avatar. I know I've seen that somewhere. <tapping head> But I can't remember where.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 09:51 am
a very speical friend of mine... i shall call her... ehbeth found it and fixed it up for me... you might have seen him on genius book of world records... thats where i've seen him.... and the world is much more in harmony now that 2 people have found Strongbad... may i sugguest the two "Lure's and Jigs" and "Techno Song" as personal favorite emails...
0 Replies