personalize licsence plates

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:03 am
Thanks, Seed, I will look for these and pass them about to my friends & fam.

EhBeth is good at finding things. I will have to tell her that she did well for you, next time I run into her.

I am in the mood for a new avatar myself. I mean, how long can I be a rock? My previous avatar was a too-sweet elf that PaulaJ has now taken over.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:27 am
Re: personalize licsence plates

Have been amusing myself with Strong Bad. Didn't find the two emails you mentioned, Seed, but I checked out Army and Marzipan. Maybe *I* will change my screen name to Marzipan.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:33 am
lol... just keep scrolling down... they are two older emails.... Marzipan... interesting... glad to see you like them... its good hearted fun...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:35 am
Before I wrecked it, my white Z3 Roadster was decked out in much Green Bay Packer attire and the License Plate read PACK U. Matched my jersey for away games that reads PACK YOU! :wink:
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:37 am
Was cheese involved, O'Bill?

<thanks, Seed, I will keep looking>
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:49 am
Hi Piffka http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/winkend/yaya.gif

Quote:
CalamityJane -- 's funny -- is that in California? My d's name is Jane, unusual in these days of Michelle, Morgan and Jenna. (We wanted our kids to have four-letter words for their names... )

Yes, southern California, where the people are full of fruit
and nuts. Mr. Green Jane has become quite popular
again Piffka. My daughter has 2 friends named Jane - mine is a four-letter-word, yet somewhat unusual, and everyone
has a hard time pronouncing it. http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/genervt/icon_zeter.gif
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:53 am
Piffka wrote:
Was cheese involved, O'Bill?

Mostly G's involved. A big G on each door... a Helmet on the trunk... Packer's floor mats, steering wheel cover antenna thingy... it was one cool ride. Cheese goes on my head, though. :wink:
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:18 am
And Bill, were girls anxious to ride in this thing? Sounds a little LOUD.

I'm assuming the green G's on the door were decals that could be removed when you were in a saner state.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:21 am
CalamityJane http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/winkend/yaya.gif

I'm loving all your cute emoticons... have tried to copy one.

Two Janes? Wow! Am also wondering what four-letter word name would be so hard to pronounce. Someday, maybe you'll tell.

Meanwhile, you get the reference from Bill Cosby, I hope. He had a bit about kids who believed their name was "Goddamit" etc. Oh, parenting CAN be fun if you make it so.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:35 am
Piffka, do you think there's any help for Bill? Or has the dementia become too tenanciously entrenched?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:36 am
Piffka wrote:
And Bill, were girls anxious to ride in this thing? Sounds a little LOUD.
Actually, one girl flat out refused to ride in it... but most thought it was fun. Turns out you can tell a lot about a woman by what she'll refuse to ride in. Idea Then she found a problem with her dinner, for the second date in a row, and I knew it was over. You can always tell a lot about a person by how they view and treat service people.

Piffka wrote:
I'm assuming the green G's on the door were decals that could be removed when you were in a saner state.
Magnets, but they rarely came off. I forgot to mention the twin flags she'd wear on game day, too! It only got vandalized once: Raymond James Stadium (Tampa Bay Buccaneers game). I miss it, but I don't think I'll ever blow that kind of dough on a car again. My Miata get me from point A to point B just fine (even if Dys does razz me for it :wink:)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:40 am
Guz -- It appears to be more entrenched as this season lingers. I just can't figure out why a grown guy would be so interested in cheeses, myself.

Now, if he liked catybaras or some other obviously adorable thing... it would make more sense. But a big green G? Cheese whiz, I dunno.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:45 am
I have traveled to the far corners of the world and the only time I've ever met anyone who was even remotely as bizarre as Bill was in Turkey in 1932. A guy by the name of Barzeem walked back and forth in front of this quaint Turkish restaurant, eight hours a day, like it was a regualar job or something. and he always had a gilded cage with a macaw inside, planted firmly on top of his head. He chanted "Barrrooo, Barrooooo" as he walked. And, yes, he had a large green "G" on his shirt.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:51 am
You DO have the most interesting life, Gus. I didn't realize that O'Bill could have Turkish ancestry, but that would explain the cigar, huh?

Still, am trying to imagine anyone desecrating a fairly nice 'mobile with green G's and cheese. It is truly weird.

I note: "Barrrrooo, Barrooooo" is awfully fun to say. I think it will be my saying of the day.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 12:08 pm
My cigars are Cuban, thank you very much.

Are you sure it was Turkey Gus? Not Hamburger? Or perhaps Baloney?...
On the other hand... My father used to keep a harlequin Macaw. Shocked

And they do live about a 100 years. Shocked

I think I've got a picture around here somewhere. Does this look like the one?
http://www.exoticbird.com/owners/image/murphy.jpg

Ya know Gus, I'm done with that nifty avatar now, so you could use it for yourself if you like...

http://www.lathamcommunications.com/a2k/cheese3.jpg

Or if you want to be real cool like them guys in the city, you could tip is sideways!

http://www.lathamcommunications.com/a2k/cheese2.jpg

But try not to push it too far down on your head (you don't want to look silly, do ya?)

http://www.lathamcommunications.com/a2k/cheese1.jpg

Edit= Damn that bird link
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:32 pm
PACK U is very funny.

Piffka, thanks for answering even out of the post. As for my personal Strong-Bad mails: Videogames [94], theme park [104] (it's really only the full safari adventure at the end that comes out if you wait a little while after it's over), replacement [105], japanese cartoon [57]... there's probably plenty more but that's the ones I most remember.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 02:55 pm
Whoopsie! JoeFX -- did I post outside of the post? Errr... I am a terrible digressor and generally all over the place anyway. I'll try to straighen up... but no promises. Thanks for the heads-up of your fave Strong Bads. I'll be looking for 'em. I nearly checked out the Japanese cartoon as I help run an Anime program locally and thought it might be funny. <nodding>

Can you tell me anything more about Strong Bad?

<I am soooo excited... This is my second post on my new Apple laptop. It's attached to my regular wireless keyboard and mouse and 17 inch monitor, so it all "feels" & (sort of) looks the same, but with a different brain -- a G4. I'm loving' this! It feels effortless (unlike the weird "plate" mouse on the laptop.) Yay! Nice and clear... no pop-ups... easy as pie. Weeehoooo!!! >
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 03:12 pm
I liked that you answered outside of the post, Piffka, so there's no problem with you not keeping that promise. Smile

About Strong Bad, well, many of his e-mails have secret stuff going on. There's even a website that lists all of them. Waiting at the end of the mail and word or key stuff clicking will do the trick. At first, trying to become familiar with the characters is a drag, but after that, it's all good.

It's funny how the two threads I've been where Strong Bad is mentioned, he becomes the center of focus.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:53 pm
Quote:
I am soooo excited... This is my second post on my new Apple laptop. It's attached to my regular wireless keyboard and mouse and 17 inch monitor, so it all "feels" & (sort of) looks the same, but with a different brain -- a G4. I'm loving' this! It feels effortless (unlike the weird "plate" mouse on the laptop.) Yay! Nice and clear... no pop-ups... easy as pie. Weeehoooo!!!

Great little laptops Piffka eh?
I've been a fan of MAC computers from day one and haven't
changed my mind since. I love the Safari browser and its
easy handling. No worries about yet another virus or other
attacks - we're carefree with Apple Smile
(Mine is a G4 as well)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:08 pm
Hmmmm, JoeFX. Well what do you expect when somebody is named Strong Bad. <grin>

Calamity Jane -- I'm loving it, yes, but please help me, girl, I'm suddenly hurting! How do I get to make copies of images that I find online? I can live without the END key... hard, but I'm doing it, but on the other non-Apple system (I guess we could call it the Orange system) all I had to do was right-click my mouse on the image and then find the jpg listing on the properties page. That's not working with the G4. Awwwk.

I MUST be able to post IMAGES!!!!! Sorry to sound so strident, but I thrive on color and design... I'm feeling a little shaky due to this new inability and must go lie down a minute. <boohoo> There must be some way to do this but I don't know how. And, if I could keep from hyperventilating, I'd probably be able to find the answer... somewhere. Do you know? All advice gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

<thud>
0 Replies