Accused for Child Abuse/Neglect over Facebook post

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 09:33 am
My daughter is a month old and I have a toddler son.
I work full time and returned to work at 5 days after having her. (Financially we had to - husband lost job and moved around that time.)
We are now very finicially stable.

So, over the course of the last month of my daughter being alive, I have vented in a mom page I was a part of regarding being stressed, overtired and sometimes now wanting to be a parent anymore since all she does is cry. (She's cries ALOT).

I've also expressed stress on my personal facebook page that my daughter cries and I'm so exhausted. (Usually posted at 2am when she wakes, and I'm so tired.)

Well, on Saturday Morning at 4am I vented in my mom page that it's hard to bond or want to spend time with her because all she does it cry and I get sad leaving work because then I have to be with her when she is crying. Mind you, this was 4am, she went to bed at 1am and I've been living off of coffee and 3-4 hours of sleep. I also stated that sometimes I think I shouldn't be her mom.

Well, someone on that Facebook page reported me to my local police department. They came into my house at 7:30am on Saturday and did a check on the baby. Everything was fine.

Next thing I know it's 5pm on Saturday and I'm shopping at target and the police are calling me to come in! I went in to speak with them and they said my children cannot be left alone with me until I see a doctor and CPS decides.

Mind you, I've medically been cleared to return for work, and already discussed PPD with my doctor as it was a required conversation. I do not have PPD.

My husband works over nights, so my laws had to take both my kids. I'm embarrassed, angry and hurt over these accusations.

I asked the police what I was being accused of and they said nothing. Then why remove my kids?!

What should I be prepared for? This is all absolute nonsense! My life is ruined because now everyone thinks I'm abusing my children. I will be filing a formal compliant once this is over as I felt Harrassrd over this.

They said they have my facebook posts as proof, but I'm confused, proof of what?! How is a Facebook rant proof of abuse or neglect?

I'm so livid with what is going on!

jespah

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 10:55 am
@301roosevelt ,
It's not. Get a family lawyer. Go to Legal Services if you can't afford one. Do not try to handle this yourself.

And get off Facebook when you're feeling stressed, okay?
PUNKEY

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 01:59 pm
There is criteria for intervention: feelings of hurting oneself or others. Officials will look into this, if reported.

Can't you get someone to watch the baby while you get some sleep? Hire someone or ask a relative. Sleep deprivation is very dangerous to new moms.

301roosevelt

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 03:06 pm
@PUNKEY,
I've never said that I felt like I was going to hurt them or myself. I just said she cries a lot and sometimes I don't want to be a mom or that she makes it hard to bond with her.
301roosevelt

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 03:07 pm
@jespah,
It's not what? Sorry, I'm unclear as to what part you're referring to.
Krumple

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 03:11 pm
@301roosevelt ,
301roosevelt wrote:

I've never said that I felt like I was going to hurt them or myself. I just said she cries a lot and sometimes I don't want to be a mom or that she makes it hard to bond with her.

We haven't seen the face book rants. But from what you say it's probably benign but you know not everyone takes things as they are and over exhaggerate. Whom ever called the police had nothing to lose by doing it and there is a stigma that every woman loves rasing children. Its not always the case and you should be able to vent.

However; I think Punkey gave some good advice. Get some help. You need rest and a break once in a while.
0 Replies

jespah

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 04:41 pm
@301roosevelt ,
You asked if your posts are proof of abuse or neglect. It's highly likely they are not, but someone got suspicious and decided to be proactive, just in case.

Like I said. Get. A. Lawyer. Make sure you are protected and your relationship with your child is, because this is not to be messed with or economized on.
0 Replies