Cps, emancipation etc.

AmiB

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 12:38 pm
I’m seventeen and a half, and my siblings and I live in an abusive home. I need to call CPS. We have an aunt and uncle my younger siblings could go to; but being that I am almost eighteen and the situation I’m in, would I need my parent’s signatures to be emancipated, and once emancipated could I go to live with my boyfriend in a foreign country? I need an out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,206 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

engineer

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 12:58 pm
@AmiB,
Go with your aunt and uncle for a few months until you are 18. I recommend not trying to escape to your boyfriend in a foreign country. If that goes bad, you wouldn't have a lot of options.
Ragman

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 12:59 pm
@AmiB,
Several answers were given to you in your previous post. Were you able to view them?
0 Replies

AmiB

Fri 17 Jul, 2020 01:11 pm
@engineer,
I mean no disrespect, but I don’t need advice on what I should or shouldn’t do. I have made up my mind on this in a way, I just need information on what I CAN do. My whole family is toxic to me, but I trust my aunt with my siblings and they’re all I need to take care of. What I need is to know if in this situation if I can be emancipated without parental signatures.
tsarstepan

Sat 18 Jul, 2020 02:25 pm
@AmiB,
AmiB wrote:

I mean no disrespect, but I don’t need advice on what I should or shouldn’t do. I have made up my mind on this in a way, I just need information on what I CAN do. My whole family is toxic to me, but I trust my aunt with my siblings and they’re all I need to take care of. What I need is to know if in this situation if I can be emancipated without parental signatures.

I bet it's been mentioned a few hundred times already. One more time is apparently required.
Quote:
D. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. All of the services' content, including postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice, and no attorney/client privilege is to be inferred from any postings herein. Always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional with questions you have regarding a legal matter. You should not disregard professional legal advice because of something you have received from or read in the able2know service.

Able2know's Terms of Service
Read it. Learn it. Don't waste time here.
0 Replies

LJ Fetner

Thu 22 Oct, 2020 07:59 am
@AmiB,
If you call CPS there is a percentage chance that your siblings will end up in a worse environment than they already are. While the simplest solution is your aunt and uncle, the government doesn't operate with simple logic. Children removed from their homes are dropped off to foster homes and/or group homes and the CPS protocol is to tell the foster parents nothing about the children. Some foster parents care and some don't. Anyone who believes children are removed and returned in better condition is vastly mistaken. They are often further traumatized then assigned special needs categories when they react to their situation in the only way a child can, through their behavior. They take months to complete a "home study" on relatives and your relatives might not pass. Its a gamble. As to emancipation, there are procedures to get emancipated but would likely take you until you're over 18 to accomplish the red tape. Good Luck!! :-)
0 Replies