Should I call help?

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 06:58 am
I'm 14 years old. And my life story is way too long to explain. But I live with my father who gets violent when he drinks. He also calls very rude inapropriate names. Such as he calls me a "mother ******* bitch" and tells me he "hates me". Over the last 4 years I've attempted suicide twice, ran away once, and I suffer major depression. He refuses to get me any help. He keeping me away from my own grandmother and it makes me literally cry myself to sleep almost every night. When I was younger he use to hit me, and he'd kick me out of the house and tell me to not come back, and sometimes when he drank he would leave and not come back that night leaving me alone at home. I've gone a week without eating and he didn't care. My question is, should I call cps? Because as far as I'm concerned I'm on the verge of attempting suicide again, or running away. I'm so sick of living in my current condition.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,388 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 07:11 am
Yes, it does sound like you should be reaching out for help.

You can maybe talk to someone at school first -- a counselor would be perfect -- to tell them what is going on, so you have someone you know who can be an advocate for you.

Good luck....
Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 07:36 am
Preferably you should talk to someone local like a school councillor but
There are a number of 24 hr hot lines in The US. Talking to someone there might be a good way to start.

I think its pretty smart that you are able to asses your need for assistance and hope you are not afraid to follow up.

google "24 hr crisis phone" and your state.
0 Replies
Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:28 pm
I would only, the councilor at my school is my aunt. So she called my dad in. Who denied it ALL. and she easily believed him without question. But she knew I was right. She knew I was telling the truth.
Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:49 pm
Call social services- dss-cps - whatever it's called in your area - NOW.
0 Replies
Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 03:52 pm
Could you go live with your grandmother? Perhaps she could help you file to become an emancipated minor (www.ehow.com/how_2272813_obtain-minor-emancipation-lawyer.html).

Google "youth services, (your city)" and see what comes up. My city offers many services for young people in crisis.

Don't run away, it's very dangerous out there, especially for young women.

And don't kill yourself. He isn't worth it.
0 Replies

Related Topics

Please help, should I call CPS?? - Question by butterflyring
Need advice on what I should do - Question by TyedyeMe
Would cps do anything? - Question by Maypole98
Emancipation? - Question by RacconnBear
Cps, emancipation etc. - Question by AmiB
Children taken - Question by Tiny0896
  1. Forums
  2. » Should I call help?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/21/2024 at 12:11:35