Should i call CPS? I dont know what 2 do!

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 12:57 am
1 week ago my girlfriend of almost six years walked up to me out of the blue and said she was leaving. She has 5 of the most incredible kids ever and i have spent so much time with htem all throughout their lives with me so far. I am not their father, there are 2 fathers. The kids started screaming and crying 2 their mom pleading as she sat their emotionless. I could not believe how everything changed in the blink of an eye. One father is not allowed to see the kids because of sexual abuse. The other father talks to his kids occasionally, every 6 mths or so. I met her and got her and her kids into a safe house in a decent school district and loved them all as much as i could. After telling me she left me and them home to go spend time getting drunk with her new boyfriend which she met at work. All the kids knew what she was doing and started begging me to do something. What can i do? There are so many circumstances to this. tTheir mom took them to stay at her uncles house, who was accused by her child of sexual abuse?!? When her child told her she said to be quiet because her uncle would just hurt himself if they did something about it?!! That abuse occured 5 years ago and when i heard it i got them out of their and into this home now. Now they are back their and their mom is leaving them and staying the night with her new boyfriend?!!!!? She knows her daughter is in danger because her uncle did some crazy sexual stuff to her when she was little. I feel i cant explain this all on computer. It seems like i need to talk to someone who has experience with this type of situation. It would take at least an hour to explain. Any advice on this would do a lot of liitle people good. I NEED ADVICE hat would you do? These kids want me to adopt them, can i?>?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,415 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 01:04 am
@jeffn092,
call cps.

for the kids sake.
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 02:29 am
If you are in the UK start with calling these people, they handle cases like this on every day.

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/HelpAndAdvice/helpandadvicehub_wdh45208.html
0 Replies

tricksypuck

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 11:26 pm
@jeffn092,
custody laws allow for a child who has been living with a non-parent for more than 1 year and 8 months to be adopted by said parent. Yes you can call cps and i would. and yes you need to get a lawyer and fight for those kids, because children are the most wonderful thing in the world and they should never be hurt! call! but do remember about calling that the women will say you are lying, and just don't give up!
roger

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 11:34 pm
@tricksypuck,
tricksypuck wrote:

custody laws allow for a child who has been living with a non-parent for more than 1 year and 8 months to be adopted by said parent.

The question is more than two years old, but what is your source for this informaton?
0 Replies

tricksypuck

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 11:48 pm
@jeffn092,
my source for the information is a lawyer, my lawyer to be exact, i asked why my ex-husbands mother could fight for custody and he said because if a child is living with someone who is not their parent or even blood kin for a year and eight months then the child can be legally adopted by said person. that is not the only time i have heard that either, one of my friends had their child taken by cps and put in a foster home for a year and a half and the foster parents were considering adoption when the case closed and my friend got her kid back, lucky too its the only one she can have ever. but the case closed just a bit to early for them to adopt her child, so they couldn't.
roger

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 12:04 am
@tricksypuck,
In other words, gossip.
tricksypuck

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 12:26 am
@roger,
a lawyer isn't gossip, he knows the law thats why i pay him, and by the way i don't know where you live but i live in texas, so it might be a state law.
0 Replies