What is the average time frame it takes to get your child back from CPS?

Tue 2 Apr, 2019 04:26 pm
Hello,
I am trying to understand all the laws and implications of what is going on but so far no lawyer can answer all my questions. I am in King Country, my child was taken from me do to an active law enforcement investigation where all I am told is that charges are pending. The allegations are horrific, exactly how soon could I get my child back? Is it possible to get visitation before LE closes there case? If LE's case is still open, can I still ask for a trial on the CPS side? When there are cases with LE, what on average is the time frame that parents can expect to be kept away from their child? I have been denied access to my son completely. I have been the primary caregiver for my son since he was 2, he is now 13. I have the funds to hire a lawyer now but my savings is quickly being depleted, are there any strategies for how to utilize the lawyers time only when needed? Anything would help, I am willing to do whatever CPS asks me to do in order to see my son again, I just want to have a timeline and some since of when everything will be happening. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,044 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

mystikmind

Tue 2 Apr, 2019 04:40 pm
@TinierKitten,
I did a quick google search and found this website;

https://fathers4kids.com/

TinierKitten

Thu 4 Apr, 2019 04:51 pm
@mystikmind,
Thanks for your reply, but I am not sure this would be helpful to me as I am the child's mother.
mystikmind

Thu 4 Apr, 2019 05:19 pm
@TinierKitten,
That is what i thought at first, but the sub heading on their website is this;

"Fathers & Mothers for Equal Rights"
0 Replies