Elizabeth Warren Silenced By Republicans For Quoting Coretta Scott King!

Blickers

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 02:07 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
Of course it is, and now I'm sure you will refrain from any and all insults about Trump that suggests his gender is male.

You're a hypocrite.

When did I suggest Trump's gender is anything but?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 02:13 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think most religious people think it's obnoxious that someone would cheapen the concept of God or Jesus with political comments about them.
revelette1

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 08:13 am
Not everyone believes in the Bible and I accept that. However, I do and I believe it was inspired by the Holy spirit of God, so we do know the mind of God if we read and understand the Bible.

Quote:
2 Timothy 3:16-17King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 05:02 pm
@Blickers,
I agree completely which is why even as a non-Christian it ticks me off to hear or see someone try and tell us what Jesus would do in any modern political setting.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 05:05 pm
@glitterbag,
You folks kill me.

When someone suggest they know how Jesus or God would act in any given situation they are presuming to know the mind of God. That's not challenging anyone spirituality, simply their arrogance.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 05:14 pm
@revelette1,
Even if the Bible is the very word of God it doesn't address every situation and circumstance that have or will ever happen, and therefore Believers are left to make interpretations.

If you believe as you say you do, you don't get to pick and choose the parts you agree with as being inspired and the others (like the rough stuff about homosexuals and masturbaters in the OT) to not.

I respect your beliefs, and all I did was ask you if you presume to know the mind of God.

If you do, then say so. If you don't, then try and avoid telling anyone what Jesus might do in terms of today's politics
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 05:35 pm
@revelette1,
Why would a god just inspire the words of a bible, leaving it to men [not women] to get his [not her] wisdom right?

The word phony leaps to mind.
camlok

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 05:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why would a god base his entire existence on one book, described by a bunch of parables written by a number of ignorant folk? Why no updates, no revisions, no new information how how this divine plan has been working out?

Why no more cities being destroyed a la Sodom and Gomorrah, no more people much more evil than Adam and Eve ever were being kicked off the planet?

Why would these original humans be named Adam and Eve?

If you believe in a god, you can't have given such a tall tale any thought.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 05:51 pm
@Blickers,
I am 50 years past my own religion times, but I, past the first year or two or four, haven't any interest in mocking. I take it it happens as real, or by itself.

I don't assume politics don't get into the kitchen.

Now there's a possible thread..
RABEL222

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 09:09 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I agree that one shouldent mock someones religion. But I also know that histories are written by the political winners in any war or history and have a bit of politics and personal animus written into them. Read or listen with a bit of disbelief.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 09:14 pm
Well Donnie did it again. He refereed to Warren as Pocahontas. What an assh-le he is.
camlok

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 09:57 pm
@RABEL222,
Why do you feel religion should get a pass? Should religions be able to do anything, say anything, no matter how illogical or insane the ideas are?
Blickers

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 11:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
which is why even as a non-Christian it ticks me off to hear or see someone try and tell us what Jesus would do in any modern political setting.

Actually, Revellette was just responding to the previous poster who put forth the idea of Jesus coming back and running as a Republican. Revellete simply said that Jesus would not be involving himself in the political process, and gave some quotes to support that position.

Among most Christians, discussion of Jesus and mixing it with day to day politics is mixing the sacred with the profane, and is considered obnoxious.

Exactly how you somehow interpreted that as Revellete saying what she thinks Jesus would do in any specific situation is a head scratcher for sure. She clearly did not such thing.
revelette1

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 07:24 am
@camlok,
Blickers explained the line of the religious discussion on this thread of the last few days very well, I don't see a need to belabor the point. I never was much of one for pushing my religious beliefs onto others, just mainly explain my own point of view. All of your questions and statements are logical ones and perhaps on the religious threads (of which nothing really goes on there) it could be explored.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 11:40 pm
@camlok,
Where did I say religion should get a pass? All the religion books from the bible on are just history books. Like I said they should all be taken with a grain of salt.
camlok

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 12:27 pm
@RABEL222,
Is this not suggestive of a pass?

"I agree that one shouldent mock someones religion."

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 05:24 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

Why would a god base his entire existence on one book, described by a bunch of parables written by a number of ignorant folk? Why no updates, no revisions, no new information how how this divine plan has been working out?

Why no more cities being destroyed a la Sodom and Gomorrah, no more people much more evil than Adam and Eve ever were being kicked off the planet?

Why would these original humans be named Adam and Eve?

If you believe in a god, you can't have given such a tall tale any thought.

And where might you have gotten the idea that I believe the Bible is the flawless Word of God?

You really need to read what people write before you pop off.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 05:26 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Well Donnie did it again. He refereed to Warren as Pocahontas. What an assh-le he is.

How rich!

The A2K purveyor of tRump and associated "assh-le" is offended by Trump's use of "Pocahontas"

It doesn't get any better than this!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 05:28 pm
@Blickers,
Scratch away. Revelette has the the integrity and honesty not to pursue the issue.
roger

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 05:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Revelette is like that, and I noticed it years ago.