Elizabeth Warren Silenced By Republicans For Quoting Coretta Scott King!

glitterbag

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2017 11:31 pm
@ehBeth,
To paraphrase Carley Florina "I think women all over this country heard very clearly what (slip in McConnel) said." Following this action, several senior Republican (Orrin Hatch, McConnel) expressed dismay that Warren should have been thinking about Mrs. Sessions feelings, in other words, Warren wasn't a gentleman and behaved like an oaf toward one of our Alabama Belles. A true gentleman would have never behaved in such a fashion, unless of course, they are speaking to or about a Democratic Senator audacious enough to think she was an equal to the male Senators.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 07:05 am
@George,
Quote:
The Democrats had eight years of the Republicans blocking and obstructing
at every turn. Now they will return the favor for at least the next four
years. And if we then get a Democratic president, can you guess what's
going to happen?

Exactly my point. The only losers here are the people who voted these "children" into office. And you wonder why someone like Trump got elected?
layman

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 07:19 am
@layman,
Just curious...Did anyone listen to what Sen. Scott had to say here? It was an impressive presentation, I thought. It contains lessons that many here would benefit from.

Kinda long, maybe, but, still....
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 09:09 am
@woiyo,
Quote:
Exactly my point. The only losers here are the people who voted these "children" into office. And you wonder why someone like Trump got elected?

Which makes no sense as he is the biggest child of all.

However, I don't think democrats should just automatically block anything or everyone Trump comes up with just to make sure "Trump is a one term president;" which thankfully didn't work. However, given the big differences between the administration and most everyone else, probably the results will end up being the same; hopefully with one big difference at the next term.
woiyo

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 11:49 am
@revelette1,
If Jesus Christ was running as a Republican, you idiots would obstruct. When is this partisan BS going to stop? You people bore me!
revelette1

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 12:02 pm
@woiyo,
Then ignore me or anyone else you are talking about. If Jesus was actually on earth, he wouldn't be running as a republican or a democrats but as the Son of God. (render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar..) A complete straw man argument.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 12:21 pm
@wmwcjr,
Careful Bill.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 12:23 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Then ignore me or anyone else you are talking about. If Jesus was actually on earth, he wouldn't be running as a republican or a democrats but as the Son of God. (render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar..) A complete straw man argument.

So you presume to know the mind of God?
Blickers

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 01:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Revellette is just taking a good guess based on the available evidence. But you are free to believe that when Christ comes back, it might well be not as the son of a carpenter, but as the son of a real estate developer who builds luxury Manhattan skyscrapers.
revelette1

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 04:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, but the last time Jesus was here, he agreed with Peter when Peter answered he was the Son of God.

Quote:
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. Mat.16:16
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 06:32 pm
The role of the Democrats now will be to stand off to the side shrieking insults while the Republicans fix the country. I couldn't care less what they think about anything.
Blickers

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 07:29 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote Brandon:
Quote:
The role of the Democrats now will be to stand off to the side shrieking insults while the Republicans fix the country. I couldn't care less what they think about anything.

The quarter before Obama took office, the GDP was shrinking at an annual rate of -8.2 % This last quarter, the GDP rose at the annual rate of +1.0%. That is an increase of +9.2%. For Trump to equal Obama, let alone best him and "fix" the economy, Trump must have the GDP rising by 18.4% per year, or he falls short of Obama's accomplishments.

Obama's predecessor, W, created 1.3 million jobs under his watch. Obama raised that to 11.5 million jobs created during his watch, a raise of 885% over Obama's predecessor. For Trump to even equal Obama's performance, there must be an increase in Trump's term of 885% more jobs, or 101.7 Million new jobs, by the end of his term.

If Trump does not do both of these things, then Trump is a LOSER who can't keep up with Obama's performance in office.

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2017 12:16 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Quote Brandon:
Quote:

The quarter before Obama took office, the GDP was shrinking at an annual rate of -8.2 % This last quarter, the GDP rose at the annual rate of +1.0%. That is an increase of +9.2%. For Trump to equal Obama, let alone best him and "fix" the economy, Trump must have the GDP rising by 18.4% per year, or he falls short of Obama's accomplishments.

Obama's predecessor, W, created 1.3 million jobs under his watch. Obama raised that to 11.5 million jobs created during his watch, a raise of 885% over Obama's predecessor. For Trump to even equal Obama's performance, there must be an increase in Trump's term of 885% more jobs, or 101.7 Million new jobs, by the end of his term.

If Trump does not do both of these things, then Trump is a LOSER who can't keep up with Obama's performance in office.

The share of US pre-tax income accruing to the top 1% has never been higher. The share accruing to the bottom 50% has been going downhill for years. Both of these got significantly worse on Obama's watch.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2017 08:14 pm
@Blickers,
Of course it is, and now I'm sure you will refrain from any and all insults about Trump that suggests his gender is male.

You're a hypocrite.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2017 08:15 pm
@Blickers,
No she is presuming to know the mind of God.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2017 08:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh, perhaps I missed it. Do you know which political party Jesus belongs to?? You must, if you are challenging others about their familiarity with the mind of God. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind telling which college basketball team Jesus favors?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2017 08:30 pm
@glitterbag,
You think this is clever? You need to start pausing before you fire off a response to one of my posts.

I don't presume to know the mind of God and so I would never be able to answer such fatuous questions.

glitterbag

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2017 08:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Then perhaps you shouldn't assume others claim to know the mind of God. You were attempting to invalidate another by tossing out a red herring. But you are right, Texas is different, bet you get a lot of milage out of challenging others on their spirituality. The eyes of Texas are upon you.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2017 10:39 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
which college basketball team Jesus favors?

Thats easy, Noter Dame.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 12:50 am
@RABEL222,
That works for me.
0 Replies