Fiance rather take "bucket list" vacations with his BFF

TheGoodGirl

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2017 08:53 pm
Peg44, I've been dating a guy for over two years who sounds a lot like your man. He takes multiple trips with the guys and his family without me and travels out of the country every year to go fishing. I'm not sure that I can offer any advice, but know that you are not alone. In my case, I know that I will not marry this man or plan to stay with him much longer. There are other issues too but I won't get into those right now. My guy is very selfish. I totally understand why his ex wife left him. Anyway, I think you probably realize by now that he's set in his ways and won't be that all in one person you're looking for unfortunately. My advice would be counseling first and if you can't come to a compromise then I think it's time for you to move on.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2017 09:43 pm
@TheGoodGirl,
Bravo! Right decision.
Why live in misery when you have a choice to take another road.
0 Replies

Iouman

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 03:55 pm
@Peg44,
Ugh, why did you marry this guy knowing all this?
0 Replies

WineNot

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 06:12 pm
@chai2,
Since he already goes on 2-3 hunts (3-4 weeks) every year with just his friends it really seems more than fair for her to want to go on these big trips to these amazing places that she wants to share with him. It's not like she's trying to get rid of his time with his friends- he has a month every year he does that.
But if these are big trips that he can only take once in a life time and if it's somewhere she wants to go t00, this would be a fair compromise. If he wants to do ALL these things with just his friends, perhaps he should stay single. Marriage is about a partnership and I personally wouldn't want to sit home alone for not only a month every year, but also another few weeks while he goes to these incredible places that she wants to see as well (and if it's a once in a lifetime trip if she can't go with him, she misses out completely).
I think she's more than fair.
0 Replies