200,000 Votes Disqualified in Florida!

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:21 am
Republican Fraud will Disqualify 200,000 in Florida Vote, Says Harper’s and New Documentary

2004-10-18 | *** Telephone Press Conference Tuesday, 10:30am ***

BBC Investigative Reporter Greg Palast Exposes How Democratic and African American Votes Will be Thrown Out

Bush Gets “Head Start” in Florida with Tens of Thousands of Votes

Rampant voter fraud in Florida will disqualify 200,000 mainly Democratic and African American voters on November 2, according to an article in next week’s Harper’s by Greg Palast, the BBC investigative reporter who in 2000 broke the original story regarding the infamous felon list in Florida. Palast’s findings were echoed in the October 14 New York Times Op Ed by Paul Krugman.

In the Harper’s article, Palast illustrates how Bush has a “head start” on the voting before the first ballot is cast:

· Palast documents that 180,000 votes will be cast but not counted – 54% of which are expected to be overwhelmingly Democratic, African American precincts

· Of that 180,000, 27,000 votes will be lost by highly predictable computer errors in mostly black precincts

· Most of the 93,000 voters illegally purged in the 2000 election have not been allowed back on the rolls, despite media reports to the contrary; these voters are Democratic by a margin of four to one

· Jeb Bush’s office illegally barred more than 50,000 registrations, and then hid the evidence from U.S. Civil Rights investigators until Palast uncovered the hidden documents

Expanding on his new documentary “Bush Family Fortunes” which is a compilation of Palast’s BBC investigative reports on voter fraud and other wrongdoing, the Harper’s article documents how:

· Touch-screen voting machines without paper ballots in 15 counties will result in a net lead of thousands of votes for Bush before a single ballot is cast

· Thousands of people like Willie Steen, a Gulf War veteran who was illegally purged from the rolls in 2000, have still been unable to get back on the voter roles

· Criminal violations of federal law are being charged in Florida by the U.S. Civil Rights Commission based on the Palast evidence.

Votes Purged
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,244 • Replies: 75
No top replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:45 am
Interesting speculation. But it does predict the ratioalization that will be forthcoming if the Dems lose FL again. :wink:
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:45 am
I have no idea how anyone will be able to trust whatever figure comes in as a final vote tally Nov. 2.

Our democracy is in shambles.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:51 am
squinney wrote:
I have no idea how anyone will be able to trust whatever figure comes in as a final vote tally Nov. 2.

Sorry, but I think your pronouncement of the demise of Democracy in our Republic is quite premature.

Will there be voter fraud in this election? Of course there will be.

Will some of it go undetected? Proabably.

Has it happened before? Yes, throughout our history.

Is there a more practical system? No.

Can voter fraud be completely eliminated? No, just as criminal behavior cannot be completely eliminated in any other aspect.

Can we do better? Yes.
0 Replies

Platypus

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:00 am
squinney wrote:

That just makes it even stranger that some resist the idea of outside observers. Surely, if there were a high likelihood of fraud, honest people of all political persuasions would want to do everything they could to make sure it was discovered. The sovereignty argument is just garbage, too, because an observer in no way undermines sovereignty. In the end you just have to ask yourself who would benefit from not having fraud discovered, and then look at who's opposing observers.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:03 am
Votes cast in Florida with minor problems (The Toledo Blade, Ohio),
Problems Reported as Florida Voters Begin Casting Early Ballots (First Coast News, Florida),
Florida's early voting off to rough start (The Daily Camera, Colorado),
Early voting in Florida fraught with ballot glitches, long lines (Arizona Daily Star)
... ... ...

You wont tell, Larry, that such is normal elsewhere in democratic, first world countries!
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:11 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Votes cast in Florida with minor problems (The Toledo Blade, Ohio),
Problems Reported as Florida Voters Begin Casting Early Ballots (First Coast News, Florida),
Florida's early voting off to rough start (The Daily Camera, Colorado),
Early voting in Florida fraught with ballot glitches, long lines (Arizona Daily Star)
... ... ...

You wont tell, Larry, that such is normal elsewhere in democratic, first world countries!

No, because I simply do not know.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:15 am
Larry434 wrote:

Oh, yes, I understand:

Quote:
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:27 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

Oh, yes, I understand:

Quote:

If our Republic is not the greatest on the planet, which do you think is?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:30 am
No of course it is - and a of course it's the only democracy and the the mother and father of how to elect and chosen by God and ...
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:31 am
Pure speculation as the author presents no proof.

So the whining about the upcoming defeat is already underway by the Democrats? Do they think so little of their position that they will begin the legal fight to overturn their percieved defeat before the first vote is cast?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:32 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
No of course it is - and a of course it's the only democracy and the the mother and father of how to elect and chosen by God and ...

No, it is not the only, but it is the demonstrably the greatest.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:40 am
woiyo wrote:
So the whining about the upcoming defeat is already underway by the Democrats? Do they think so little of their position that they will begin the legal fight to overturn their percieved defeat before the first vote is cast?

And, if Kerry is the winner there will be no questioning of the votes? No claims of injustice? No court battles over double / false registrations?

I want a REAL election. I want everyone qualified to vote to get to vote and have it be counted. Is that asking too much?

Due to ALL of the disinfranchisement, falsification of registrations, throwing away of voter registration forms, computerized voting mishaps... Don't ya think it might be a wee bit valid to question the validity of ANY final tally?

Is that what you call Whining?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:43 am
Larry434 wrote:
squinney wrote:

Sorry, but I think your pronouncement of the demise of Democracy in our Republic is quite premature.

Can voter fraud be completely eliminated? No, just as criminal behavior cannot be completely eliminated in any other aspect.

Can we do better? Yes.

I am lost, Larry.

Why would the US accept vote fraud???

I cannot imagine it being accepted here. Why do you say it cannot be eliminated?

This is a genuine question, BTW, not a disguised attack.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:46 am
Larry434 wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

Oh, yes, I understand:

Quote:

Laughing

What? A legend in its own mind, is the first thing that comes to mind when I see such hyperbolic stuff.

Most people idiotically believe their country is the best.

And - I think all republics (and other countries) have their greatnesses, and their awful faults.

America is no exception.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:01 am
dlowan wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
squinney wrote:

Can we do better? Yes.

I am lost, Larry.

Why would the US accept vote fraud???

I cannot imagine it being accepted here. Why do you say it cannot be eliminated?

This is a genuine question, BTW, not a disguised attack.

Because voter fraud is a crime. No matter the vigorousness in fighting crime, some still occurs.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:11 am
dlowan wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

Oh, yes, I understand:

Quote:

Laughing

What? A legend in its own mind, is the first thing that comes to mind when I see such hyperbolic stuff.

Most people idiotically believe their country is the best.

And - I think all republics (and other countries) have their greatnesses, and their awful faults.

America is no exception.

Why is it idiotic?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:14 am
McGentrix wrote:

Why is it idiotic?

That's just a rhetoric question or for getting a turn in the discussion, right?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:21 am
Not rhetorical, I would like to know why Dlowan thinks it is idiotic to believe ones own country is the best.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:30 am
I don't know why Dlowan believes it.

I think so, because when all or most citizen of all 193 (191) independent countries would think so ...

Besides, we here in Germany had already had some megalomaniacs.
0 Replies